Chapter 8

A Journey Together

the time has come.... UPDATE!!!!!

SO glad exams are over. I'm super free (not really) until June when I leave for Korea for summer school. I seriously wish that i would bump into stars during the 2 months. I at such luck :( Well...


 

A head popped out from behind the wall, and disappeared immediately. “Woori watda!” Donghae said loudly as he walked in with plastic bags, Kyuhyun and Hyojin with a basket of fruits behind him. “I know. I heard the door open and saw you,” Kibum said as he waited for the nurse to feed him another spoonful of food. He was still unable to move around much because of doctor’s orders.

 

“Jeogiyo, I’ll take over for you,” Hyojin said to the nurse, “Kamsahamnida.” She bowed to the nurse and filled up the emptied seat. She scooped up some soup to dump on the dry rice. “Hyung, naega wasseo,” Kyuhyun said to Kibum. It was Kyuhyun’s first visit to Kibum a fortnight after the incident. Seeing his hyung in the same position he was in 5 years ago made him feel uncomfortable.

 

“Mmmm. Komaweo,” Kibum said with a smile. But his smile fell when he saw Kyuhyun’s uneasy position. “Koenchana? If… If you’re uncomfortable, you can go. I know how you feel. It means a lot that you’re here already.” Hyojin lowered her spoon and looked at Kyuhyun, but turned her head when Kyuhyun caught her looking. She started to mash and mix the rice. “Ani hyung. I’ll stay longer” Kyuhyun said and took a seat.

 

“Magnae. Help me with the fruits,” Donghae said to Kyuhyun. The Magnae followed Donghae who walked out of the room with the fruit basket.

 

“Ahh,” Hyojin said, holding the spoonful of rice near Kibum’s mouth. But Kibum didn’t open up. He was glaring at her. She tried again, moving the spoon nearer to him. “Ahh.”

 

“When I forgave you, didn’t I say that we’re in this together?” he took in the spoonful of food spitefully, still glaring at her. Hyojin joltingly lowered the spoon back into the bowl. She couldn’t answer his question well. “Ahh,” Kibum said. She jolted out of her guilt and scooped a spoonful for him.

 

“So how’s the band?” Kibum asked. Hyojin was assigned to Super Junior as an assistant for the time being, since the members had even more individual activities, what with Kangin’s passing out and return to the entertainment industry. Since then, she barely had time to visit Kibum and help with his rehabilitation. “Kibum ssi, cheongmal mianhaeyo,” she said.

 

“Hurry with the feeding, or I’ll call back the nurse,” Kibum said. “No need to apologize. It’s not like you had a choice. So how are they? Out of control?”

 

She smiled as she fed him another spoon. “They’re alright. Funny like they are on screen, and dead tired like you are off screen,” she said. They all treated her well, being a comedy themselves when two or more members were together, especially Eunhae, or any member with Kyuhyun. He was being his evil cutesy self, using awkward aegyo on his hyungs. It’s not like his aegyo was good. It was more that his aegyo gave the hyungs enough chills to just give in quickly before all their hairs stand up. She would know; her skin had goose bumps. “But they kept asking for massages. I’m growing muscles already.”

 

“Haha ahh. Don’t make me laugh too hard. I’m not all recovered,” Kibum chuckled.

 

“It’s all because of you and Leeteuk-ssi! Donghae ratted me out in front of the other members and they all keep asking me for massages, especially… Kyuhyun-ssi,” her voice almost gone near the end. Her ears started to turn red.

 

Kibum lowered her head to look at her properly. “OH MY WORD! I SEE WHAT’S GOING IN ON HERE!” His exclamation caused him pain.

 

Hyojin went into panic mode and put down the bowl. “Don’t move! Don’t move!”

 

“YOU LIKE-“ “AHHHH LALALALA! KIBUM-SSI, STOP MOVING OR DOING ANY DRASTIC ACTIONS.” Hyojin shouted at Kibum as she covered his mouth. “MMMMMMMMMM”

 

“Fruits are ready!” Donghae said holding a bowl of fruits. He froze, causing absentmindedly swinging-a-basket Kyuhyun to bump into him. Hyojin and Kibum froze in their positions, before Kibum shifted into a more comfortable position with Hyojin’s ‘help’. “What the heck?” Donghae chuckled. “Were we interrupting something?” Kyuhyun looked at the two as he took the bowl of cut fruits from Donghae and placed it on the table.

 

“ANIYO! I was just helping him cause he choked on something!” Hyojin said. Kibum faked some coughs while she handed him the glass of water. He drank it while observing Hyojin. He was holding in his laughter as he saw Hyojin blushing profusely.

 

“Okay… We’re heading off first. Hyojin-ah, you’re staying right?” Donghae asked. Kibum looked at Hyojin. “Eh?”

 

She nodded. “I’m staying for your physical therapy. I thought it would be good to learn some treatment tips. After all, I’m assigned back to you since you’re getting discharged in a week. Besides, it’s my fault you’re having this treatment, so I should spare some time for you too,” she said.

 

“Yah, if you bring up the accident one more time, I’ll have them assigned back to the band,” Kibum threatened. He wasn’t happy that she kept bringing up the accident and blaming herself. ‘She needs to move past it.’

 

“Yah Kim Kibum, what’s that supposed to mean?” Kyuhyun asked, feeling slightly insulted by the threat. ‘Maybe it’s not such a bad thing for her to return to the team.’ Kibum smirked, but he turned back the focus. “It’s not healthy for her to keep leaving on the guilt. It’s not good for our relationship either.”

 

“What relationship?! I just work for you!” Hyojin protested, panicking from the implications.

 

“THAT relationship, pabo! Jeez, getting all worked up for nothing. Thinking that someone will misunderstand?” Kibum smirked at her.

 

Hyojin’s eyes widened at his comment. “You guys should be leaving! You’ll be late for Star King,” she said as she escorted them out. More like kicked them out. Slowly, Kibum gently fed himself some more food before he heard the door open and close again. Hyojin walked in with a glare that could burn through his face. “Neo,” she said pointing at him. “You tell him and I’ll make sure that you’ll face Hyojin Hell.”

 

“HAHA. Yeah right,” Kibum said nonchalantly. “As if you’ll ever do that. You work for me, remember?”

 

“Don’t test me, Kim Kibum,” she said with a stern tone. When she looked at him again, her glare sent chills down his spine. She was mad. He remembered the last time she came to work with a bad mood: She put too much salt in the vegetables and too much protein powder in the protein drink. That was one unpleasant lunch. “Arasseo. I won’t tell him. You still have to work with him anytime, anyways,” Kibum said.

 

“EH?” Hyojin responded.

 

“What? You expected yourself to work for me forever? I’m the training course that all assistants go through before they work up the ladder to work with the idols. You’re just lucky you didn’t get Henry or Zhoumi permanently. Your foreign languages . You need to work on it,” Kibum said laughing at her poor skills.

 

“What a nice boss I have. I feel EXTREMELY lucky,” Hyojin said, irritated. “I WORKING ON IT. You know, I actually requested to work under you ‘permanently’ even though they wanted to me to stay with the two because they’re in Korea for a month to prep for comeback, AND I wanted to work with them. But since that’s the way you feel, I can’t wait to transfer.”

 

“Whoa. I’m touched. Sorry, I was just joking, although your language skills can use improvement.”

 

“What do think I was doing the whole time I hung out with them? Henry’s just as great a help as you, you know. But I’m staying coz I satisfied with one person for now. Henry had multiple personalities going on together with Zhou Mi. They were like two small boys together. He’s like a son, SO CUTE, but your ‘sane’ personality is safe for me right now,” Hyojin said. She sat down to feed him the remaining food.

 

“Gee thanks. I thought you wanted to stay with me because you liked me.” Hyojin’s face had a frown from his sentence. “KIDDING…. SO, why do you like him? Face? Voice? Height? If it’s age… Seriously? We’re the same age. Don’t tell me it’s his personality that you like. One week with him and you still like him? Maybe he aegyo actually worked on you.”

 

“No. I know how you all feel, you know. Can we drop the matter? I don't see why I should be talking about any of this to you.”

 

“Well, in case any actors ask for your number or your ideal type, I know what to tell them: ‘Get looks like Kyuhyun.’ or ‘Sing like him.’ Haha,” Kibum said teasingly. Hyojin put down the spoon to smack Kibum, but the nurse walked in at that moment.

 

“Ahgassi, you shouldn’t be hitting a patient. Besides, he’s Super Junior’s Kim Kibum!” She was obviously a fan.

 

“Thank God you came in just in time, nurse! She had hit me already,” Kibum said with a trembling voice. Hyojin stared at him in disbelief as the nurse gasped. “I’m kidding. She’s taking good care of me.”

 

The nurse looked at Hyojin in disbelief before taking the tray of food. “Dinner is over. Ahgassi, please make sure he gets rest before his therapy. You can take him out to the garden if you want. He’s strong enough for that now,” the nurse was smiling at Kibum the whole time although her words were directed at Hyojin.

 

Kibum’s face brightened. “Let’s go! I’ve been in here for too long.” Hyojin nodded as they waited for the nurse to return with a wheelchair. “Let’s go,” Hyojin said as she helped the nurse to shift Kibum into the wheelchair. She thanked the nurse before pushing the wheelchair out to the lobby.

 

“Ah, fresh air!” Kibum exclaimed as they waited for the lift to arrive. He sighed with a smile, and Hyojin couldn’t help but chuckle. He laughed along with her. He was sincerely happy to be out of the building, even if it were in a wheelchair.

 

“I’ll warn you first. There are fans,” Hyojin warned with concern. Kibum sighed, and then asked her to bring him to the sky café that she had suggested. Up there, Hyojin placed a chair next to him and watched the sunset together. “I’m glad that you’re getting out of the hospital,” Hyojin turned to Kibum with a smile, the sunset shining brightly on one side of their faces. Kibum smiled. He thought that he would be trapped in a bed or wheelchair for life, unable to chase his dream and burdening his family. “I’m glad too. It’s good to be out.”

 



 

Quite draggy huh? Did I ever tell you that the story was more of a journey than an adventure? Of course there are ups and downs, but don't expect this story to have too much turbulence. It goes on and off. Hope you'll continue reading it though. BTW, do you know who "Jong Oppa" is? Was it too obvious? There are like many Jonghyuns, Jonghoons, Jongwoons, Jongkooks, HyunJongs, etc...

Subscribe! heart