Chapter seven

Anything could happen under a Moon of steel

Apparently every film or tv series she had seen was wrong about chauffeurs driving around rich people, or Taeyeon was the exception that confirms the rule.

Sunny was in the front seat while the younger Kim was in the back, smiling eye to eye. The pilot was evading her stare or to talk to her as she was an alive dose of cyanide.

Dowon instead kept his eyes on her the whole time, it was nerve fretting, the conservative neckline of her black dress felt like it was choking her.

She was still upset, with herself mostly, angry tears still threatened to fall. If all this wasn’t enough Taeyeon had put on a cold grey tailleur, some surely extremely expensive sunglasses and looked like she was about to destroy a nation from the setting of her jaw. She couldn’t lie to herself like that, it was so hot she felt flushes of heat reach her neck.

Honestly, she was so much disappointed with herself she could slap both of her cheeks until they looked like tomatoes.

At the umpteen overtaking she grabbed the seat tighter and felt black eyes switch in the sideline. “Sorry, I am going too fast. I’ll slow down.” The voice was barely a whisper but she heard it and the speed slowed a bit, now she could breath a little easier.

“Big sis never learns, her ex was terrorized of her driving too.” Sunny immediately felt the shift in the atmosphere and the pilot looked angrier if possible.

Turning her head to watch the boy he had on a Cheshire cat’s smile. “I-I am not terrorized, she just exaggerates sometimes.” The fake giggle that escaped her didn’t temper the frozen climate.

Taeyeon kept shut but the scowl on her face was evident.

“Oh I am sorry, I shouldn’t talk about her, big sis doesn’t like it.” Dowon was still smiling, thought, as he had a secret up his sleeve. “Maybe I should change topic eh? Like how you meet your actual girlfriend on a site?”

Her blood turned into ice and she felt the car shift a bit, the intake of breath taken at her side suffocated by a cough.

“What the you are talking about Dowon, don’t you dare- “But she was interrupted by a deep laugh.

“Oh come on Tae you know I am meticulous with my research.” From the she heard she knew they’re screwed.

Now her heart was trashing in her stern as she watched the scene unfold. She didn’t want any trouble, she took a job thinking it as a vacancy and now everything was going wrong. It shouldn’t shake her that much, anyway.

“Alright, what do you want?” Taeyeon’s voice was normal again, no sign of discomfort on her face and that impressed her, maybe it was her business face.

Dowon got in the middle of the seats, with his face between them, a big smile on his mouth. “Not much, by any means. Talk dear mommy and daddy into involving me in the stocks or well, how do you think they’d react at their firstborn that pays eh?” She flinched but just because she didn’t expect it coming from him.

“Watch your mouth!” Was the only growled answer for a moment and Sunny felt just worse, it was probably only for etiquette.

No one spoke for few minutes, the tension was so high she felt the air decreasing and opened a bit her window.

“Fine you bastard, you know perfectly that I did it just to reassure them. God I hate all of you.” Taeyeon hit the steering with a fist. “As you wish, but they don’t listen to me as much as you think! Keep that clear in your mind.”

“Then you’ll have to be really convincing because I don’t care if you her or not they’ll know.” And then he returned to his seat a smug grin on his face.

Taeyeon swore under her breath and took a moment to glance at the passenger, catching worried eyes, she shallowed the sense of guilt. It was the least thing she wanted to do to get her into this mess, her heart still thumped in hurt after the discourse of this afternoon. But as much as she felt the connection creeping on her skin every single she was with Sunny, she couldn’t just accept to open up herself again.

Not when she was still bleeding after two years.

, I am just pathetic.

 

The rest of ride was in absolute silence, but Taeyeon was overthinking the situation, already trying to find a loophole. Even with all her experience she perfectly knew the twisted mind of her little brother, there could be dozen of seconds plans waiting for her to fail.

Gripping the steering until her knuckles turned pale white she stopped the car in front of the fancy restaurant, delivering her keys to the valet while her other hand found her way to sunny lower back. Brown eyes stared but she didn’t meet them, her mind already focused on the meeting.

 

Dowon was actually very helpful, keeping the conversation going with a secure smile while she blurted out numbers on numbers and percentages. Their guests payed zero or no attention to Sunny at her side, who just ate and watched her with a confused smile. The temptation to just put a reassuring hand on her tight or to interlace their fingers was really high, but she was going only to hurt both of them in the end.

Now the negotiations toned down, they reached a deal quite fast, and she was staring at a hair trapped on glossy lipstick for what felt like hours. Her fingers irked to gently free it and put it behind a little ear but finally Sunny did it for her, putting her out of her misery. With a loud sigh she adverted her eyes and found her brother smirking at her.

“I think we have bored to death my poor sister-in-law.” Laughs followed the statement and it went by instinct to put an arm on now tensed shoulders.

Sunny smiled and it felt almost like a real one, she was really god in faking it. “It’s not a problem I came here to eat anyway.” The giggle at the end melted a lot of hearts, but she felt the tension on the skin under her hand and gripped gently. “But I’ll excuse myself for a moment.” The hand slipped away and Sunny walked away from the table, she followed the sway of her hips until she could, a worried frown on her face.

Multiplies pair of eyes were judging her, but it just made her more upset. “With your permission.” She only smiled tightly and power walked hearing a corporate man sigh “Ah a young love”.

Taeyeon sneered and found the bathroom, there was just a door for the ladies and was locked from the inside so she knocked. “It’s me, all alright in there?” She tried to keep it light but the hunted brown eyes she saw in the car earlier had her anxious. “Sunny? Are you okay?”

She heard a deep sigh through the door and a shy “Yes”.

“Can I come in?” Her palms started to get sweaty waiting for the answer, then the lock was unblocked.

A pale face hovering on the small sink welcomed her, she was breathing slowly. The space was really minimal and they almost brushed and the tips of the shoes touched. The sweet perfume coming from Sunny’s neck was the only thing she could register for the longest moment.

“What is it? You seem upset…” They were breathing the same air and she felt hot flashes on her cheeks. But the other girl was just staring at her, lower lip trapped between her teeth. Closing her eyelids shut Taeyeon tried to regain her focus, she wasn’t here for that.

“I-I just needed a moment, that’s all. I am okay now.” The brunette signed with her head to let her pass but she gripped her arms.

The stare she got in return burned but she shallowed. “You can’t get back like this, you look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Her hands on arms started to drawn little circles. “Are you scared?”

Sunny blinked and adverted her eyes. “I am not scared, I am worried about what your brother will do.”

The blonde nodded her hands sliding away just to interlace her fingers with smaller ones, they were always warm, that detail made her smile a little. “I’ll take care of it, don’t need to be scared, nothing will happen to you.” She felt immediately cold when those hands left hers.

“I said I am not scared! Now move and let me get out.” Sunny pushed her a little.

She tried to open the door but Taeyeon grabbed her hips and turned her around, the back hitting wood and a gasp left her lips. Now she was too close, their noses an inch apart. “What are you doing?”

“You don’t seem convinced at all.” Those plump lips were distracting and playing with the thoughts inside her head, when she reyx eyes on the ones in front hers she choked, they were shiny and the pupils dilatated.

Her hands were still gripping on the waist and Sunny clawed her forearms, but it didn’t hurt, it was just a little bit of pressure. Like she was trying to stop the course of the events that were passing as a river between her fingers.

“I am.” Sunny’s words bumped on her pinkish lips and it was the last drop. She pushed forward and just when she was about to get a taste, it was stopped. A hand had taken her chin in a strong hold. “Don’t you dare.” Was the whisper that tickled her lips.

Brown eyes flashed with want and hurt mixed together and she crumbled, her head slipped from the hold and found her home in the crook of a soft neck. Groaning when the scent enveloped her. “Can you change perfume please?” It was weak and pleading, something she didn’t hear from herself In years.

“What?” Sunny’s voice was squeaky and breathy too.

She groaned again. “You smell like cotton candy and chocolate all the time.” The skin started to get sweaty under her forehead and the urge to kiss and nip was becoming too much.

“It’s a-actually my body lotion not perfume.” She felt like suffocating, Taeyeon’s mouth brushing her skin, her hands holding her, her head was spinning. “You don’t like it?” She needed to escape or she was going yield at the warmth spreading and thumping in her lower tummy.

“If only…” She inhaled for the last time and with strength she didn’t know she possessed raised her head, those amber iris were occupied with want and yearning again, it costed her everything she had to put some space between them.

Clearing and trying to win the fog of lust it occluded her mind, she opened the door. “Let’s go then, they’ll be wandering what happened. Just… just trust me. It’ll be okay.”

Sunny squinted and put a foot out, her head still swimming. “You need to stop doing this, either you want me or you don’t.” She said with a firm voice then pushed the blonde’s hands away and marched toward their table.

She was stuck, couldn’t move a step, her heart beating up her sleeve. The words bounced inside her brain, the fog remained and she was staring at a stain on the white wall without seeing it. She breathing errantly because it was madness, she wasn’t in control, the world was still rotating she was sure of it but it felt motionless now.

What the hell am I doing?

 

That damn heiress was playing with her, it was the only explanation. Maybe she enjoyed the thrill of seducing girls and then throw them away. Sunny wrinkled her nose at her thoughts, she was just being cruel and irrational on someone probably hurt, someone that was too good to just tell her she wanted her only in a physical way. She grimaced at the thoughts of yet another meaningless .

And know with hands full of body lotion the only thing that her mind was replaying was Taeyeon groaning in her neck, biting her lips almost to blood she tried to stop her fantasy there.

The blonde was still talking to her parents, hopefully she could fulfill what her satanic brother wanted.

She recalled those hunting black eyes watching her every move, but a veil was on them, she looked almost terrorized every time their stares met, it made her gulp and glance at something else. Even so the girl didn’t say to her a single word the remaining of the night. Sunny hated those suspense silences, the thick unknow that they conceal. She full hated that woman anyway.

With a frustrated loud squeal she launched on the bed, hiding her red face inside the soft pillow, screaming in defeat.

 

Taeyeon had her head on her palm, swirling a glass with a finger of some bitter liquor her father offered her, the talk wasn’t going well.

“You know we don’t trust them that much, especially Dowon, he is too young and reckless to understand how to run this business.” Her mother nodded, her hand resting on her father shoulder with solemnity.

She felt a strong headache coming. “I am perfectly aware of that, but I say let them have a good part of stocks to start, and then give them some simple deals to close. Maybe executive of some small activity. If we don’t start giving them responsibility how you expect them to learn?” It was logical, it sounded rational, only if they weren’t talking about troublemakers and waste money professionals.

Mrs. and Mr. Kim watched their firstborn with doubt, confused on why she was convincing them when few months ago she told them the contrary. “What made you change your mind?” Her left eye twitched.

“Well I brought Dowon with me tonight right? He really helped to seal the deal and I think he is ready to start working for the company.” She nodded at her own sentence and sipped calmly.

Her parents watched each other’s, still unsure. “Fine we’ll think about it, ok sweetheart?” Her mother spoke for both of them.

She finished her drink and stand up. “That’s all am I asking. Goodnight then.”

Now another battle waited for her upstairs.

She thought it was simple, that it was out of question falling for another person. But she wasn’t, was she? It was so hard to discern, to understand what was happening inside her, and that girl didn’t deserve any of the problems she was creating.

“Either you want me or you don’t”. She couldn’t stop thinking about it, they felt like pained words and it something inside, a sensible chord that told her to protect, to hold.

Ah, her head was hurting so bad.

Do I want her or not?

Just picturing her face close to hers, their lips brushing, was enough to break her breath and drain . Anyway it was a ty situation, she was a she couldn’t forget that.

Climbing every stair as if it were an important step she contemplated, what to do when she knew the sole presence of the girl made her stop thinking, it just shut her brain, her hands acted of their own and her body didn’t respond to her anymore.

In fact the only sight of Sunny sprawled on her bed in her t-shirt and hot pants made her smile in the most tender way. “I think we are covered, well I am covered.” Her voice made the girl sit up, a pout on her lips. “Told you to don’t worry.”

The brunette nodded and laid back, her eyes focused elsewhere.

She heaved a sigh. “I-I am sorry about-.”

“Stop apologizing, just found peace with your mind. You said you didn’t want anything to do with me, then stick with it!” She sounded really angry, a hard stare on her face, she wanted to cup it.

Taeyeon walked around the bed and seated on it, facing her actually fear. “I didn’t say anything, I said I am not ready for a relationship.”

The rage in the stare only increased. “I don’t want to be your booty call and you told me you didn’t pay me for that!”

The blonde palmed her whole face with her hands. “No, I didn’t mean that, . I just, I don’t know what I want.”

Sunny relaxed a bit, her chest heaving and her rage leaving bit by bit. “Then think about it.”