Chapter 7: Sunrise

The End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with a huge headache. Hangovers had never been a part of me since the very first time I started drinking, mostly because I had a high tolerance for alcohol and knew when to stop drinking. The previous night I had other substances aside from alcohol and knew where I went wrong.

That did not make the pain go away, though. My mouth was extremely dry and I almost ran downstairs to get a glass of water. I was lucky enough the previous night that it was Krystal who opened the door for me and she let me be as I staggered my way to the guest room.

Throwing open the fridge, I grabbed a pitcher of water and poured myself a really tall glass. I drank it within seconds, the cold water both painful and soothing at the same time as it ran down my throat.

"How are you feeling?"

I almost dropped the glass when I recognized Mark's voice. I spun around my heels, finally seeing the guy sitting on the barstool by the kitchen island. Half convinced I was seeing things, I rubbed the sleep off my eyes.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning?" I asked.

"It's two pm," he said, chuckling to himself as he watched me check my phone for the time. "I was worried that you weren't reading my texts this morning so I came. Jessica let me in."

It really was 2PM, which I slept for fourteen hours. No wonder my head felt like someone covered it with lead. Remembering my headache, it throbbed and I held my temple to attempt it's massage.

"Take some of these," Mark said, pushing a bottle of Advil towards my direction.

I frowned. "I don't like taking pills," I said.

I went to his side of the island and pulled a drawer open, taking out a bag of coffee grounds. I offered to make him some and he accepted. He watched quietly as I put enough for two shots of espresso on the double-shot portafilter. Jessica's espresso machine was smaller than mine back in Korea, and I made a mental note to ask her where she got it from. This one looked portable compared to the huge thing sitting on my kitchen counter.

"Americano?" I asked him, pouring hot water on two coffee cups.

"Can I ask for a latte?" he asked, a smile curling up his lips.

My hands worked fast, still used to the task even if I already quit my job two months ago. I poured both shots of espresso and took out a smaller single-shot portafilter from the drawer and pressed down a new batch of coffee grounds and placed it on the head. While waiting for his espresso to brew, I steamed milk on the side. When done, I poured out the hot water on the cups, surprising him.

"Why--"

"That was just to warm the cup," I told him, smirking. 

There was something about coffee and my expertise with it that made me want to show of a little. I placed the coffee cups in front of him after quickly drying them with a dishcloth. I poured the double-shot on my cup and the single one on his. On his cup, I slowly poured the steamed milk, my hand immediately working on a simple flower and leaf art.

"Daebak."

I did not expect such a Korean reaction from him and it was so cute. I felt blood rush to my cheeks as he quickly pulled his ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter