Prologue: Arrival

The End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I never thought that I would be this excited to go back home. It had been less than a year since I left but it felt like ten years now as I was making my way among the other passengers, looking for my seat. On other days, I would be disappointed that I did not get a window seat, but when I found out that the seat number was by the aisle, I thankfully settled myself and sat down. In a few hours, I would be back in Korea. I was going to see Mark again.

I applied for the exchange-student program right after my failed relationship with someone who chose his passion for scuba diving over me. It did not matter which country I was sent off to, although I was hoping it would be Philippines where Seungheon left for, but the program was put on pause and all applications were held until two years later. I had even forgotten that I applied for it but when the acceptance email came in, I thought I was dreaming. To top it all off, I was going to Japan which was practically my second home. That happiness was shortlived because I realized it also meant a year away from Mark.

He told me to go, knowing it was something that I wanted for a long time. It meant I could learn more on my final year in college that no other schools in South Korea could ever teach me. I knew Mark usually never expressed what he thought, but at that moment, I felt his whole hearted support for what I wanted.

Mark made me defy everything that I believed in. The moment I fell in love with him, it felt like a puzzle piece that I did not know I needed suddenly fell into place. He lived up to that notion that nothing was always as it seemed.

As soon as the plane was stable and the seatbelt light was off, I took out my phone and connected to the plane's WiFi network. It was a bit slow, but it was enough for me to send messages to my roommate, Hani, that I was already on my way back. I wanted to surprise Mark so I warned her never to tell him that I was coming home two days earlier than expected.

Ahn.Hani: gyu & i were going to the *** mall
Ahn.Hani: wanna come with?
Ahn.Hani: we can just pick you up first instead
Eunhye: Nah, i'll just meet you there.
Eunhye: can u NOT tell gyu that im coming home??
Ahn.Hani: sorry
Ahn.Hani: he already knows
Eunhye: u don't have to tell ur bf everything, girl
Ahn.Hani: i didn't
Ahn.Hani: it was him texting you last night
Eunhye: using YOUR phone?!
Ahn.Hani: kkkkkkk
Ahn.Hani: he slept over and we *wink*

I groaned loudly before I locked the screen. I did not need that TMI from her about her dating life. There were times like these when I regretted making her meet Mingyu, whom I used to tutor back when I spent time with my grand mother in Anyang. But then the two matched well so I had to be happy for my friends.

In the anticipation of flying back to Korea, I barely had sleep, especially since I took a morning flight. Never been the morning person, I yawned and thanked heavens for the travel time because I could at least get some shut eye. Setting my vibrating alarm for three hours, I sank back on the comfortable seat and slept. 

It was the second ring of the alarm when I woke up. I must have been exhausted fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter