Chapter 3

My Fallen Meteor

"Son Chaeyoung!" 

 

Chaeyoung closed his eyes and stiffened as he heard his father's voice while he was sneakily entering their house. He pressed his lips together and greeted them with a smile. "H-Hey, dad... and mom."

 

"What the hell happened?! What did you do to the Myoui's daughter!?"

 

He composed himself. "Dad, calm down, relax. She was with me, of course she's fine, she's even ecstatic—waah!" He didn't get to finished his sentence when Jeongyeon tried to hit him but luckily with his reflexes he quickly got to hide behind his mother. "I'm sorry,  I was just kidding!"

 

"You little rascal! What the hell are you doing messing up with the Myoui's daughter?!"

 

"She's perfectly fine, I promise! I actually even sent her home!" He explained still trying to hide from his father's wrath. "Mom!" He tried to call for help.

 

Nayeon faced his son. "I was worried and honestly quite disappointed with you when I got that call last night."

 

Chaeyoung bit his lower lip and rubbed his nape. "I-I'm sorry about that.."

 

"Now, tell us why was the Myoui's bodyguard in rage looking for you in the middle of the night?"

 

"Uhm I...I can't really explain what happened. It was just a misunderstanding. And I promise, everything is fine, I did no harm to their so called heiress, I was just honestly helping her."

 

"What ever game you're planning, please stop it right now Son Chaeyoung. You better not messed with the Myoui's daughter." Jeongyeon said while seriously beaming at his son. "I'm telling you, if something bad happened to that girl because of you, we're all gonna get in big trouble."

 

"Guys you need to stop worrying. I told you, everything is alright." Chaeyoung let out a deep sigh even though he wanted to shout in frustration. 'How can I be the one looking bad in this situation? I was the one who got kidnapped and being blackmailed!' "If I did her bad, I think they already should've been here cursing and killing me right now."

 

Jeongyeon just crossed his arms still looking unconvinced to what his son just said.

 

"I'm telling the truth dad." Chaeyoung look at both of his parents. "Mom..."

 

Nayeon glance to her husband then look back at her son besides her. She sighed. "Okay baby. I believe you."

 

Jeongyeon look at Nayeon questioning what she just said. "Here you go again, Nayeon. Stop treating our son like a bab—Ouch!" Jeongyeon didn't get the chance to finished his sentence when Nayeon suddenly elbow his stomach.

 

"WE. believe you,son." She said glaring to Jeongyeon then shifted back to Chaeyoung with full of understanding in her face. She hold his both hands. "Just promise me you won't messed up with the Myouis, okay? And don't make us worried like that again."

 

'They are the one who's messing with me!' Chaeyoung wanted to say but he just nodded.

 

 

 

-

 

 

Chaeyoung was smirking as he was busy checking his notifications from his phone from the photo that he just took earlier with his friends. He was having his lunch break with his friends in the University's cafeteria and as usual scenario their presence makes the students find it hard to focus on the food that they were having right now.

 

"Who's that?" Tzuyu asked wrinkling his nose like he was judging the person with the way he stares.

 

"Do we have a cosplay event this day?" Dahyun chuckled as he took a bite from his food.

 

Curious, Chaeyoung's eyes shifted to the direction of where his friends are staring. His eyes widened and immediately turned back staring at his food. 'Mina is here and the goons are here! Damn! Why do they have to follow her around?!'

 

All of students in the cafeteria was suddenly distracted from staring at the their princes as they got all curious who could be that creepy looking new girl, why does she have bodyguards around following her—and... and why does she dress up like that?

 

"Yah, Tiger, what's with that face?" He heard Tzuyu asked.

 

He frowned and look at his friend before checking himself on his phone. His face is pale right now like he just saw his biggest nightmare. He scoffed and smiled awkwardly. "No, nothing. I was just... just...  just thinking." He said and simply massage his forehead while trying to cover his face with his hand.

 

Chaeyoung bit his lower lip as he saw Sadako—he mean Mina with her two goons on the reflection of Dahyun's sunglasses. They're going towards his direction!

 

He tried to act normal while hiding his face and he was just about to take a sip from his cola when he feel something—or somebody bumped to his back. 'Aish!' He looked up and saw the two goons walking passed him.

 

Chaeyoung was about to curse the guys from their back but he startled when they suddenly look back glaring at him ready to kill him for what he did to their heiress last night. His eyes froze open as he panicked and suddenly hide under the table.

 

"Dude, what the hell are you doing down there?" Dahyun asked confusingly staring at his friend.

 

He lifted his head and look around seeing the unbothered Mina and her goons sitting at the corner of the cafeteria. "N-Nothing, I just drop something." He awkwardly smiled and went back to his seat avoiding the glares that the men in black was giving him.

 

-

 

Mina was alone sitting besides the window of a fancy restaurant near her and Chaeyoung's condo. She was there patiently waiting for her date who she supposed to meet thirty minutes ago. 

 

Staring at the cup of tea she was holding, she sighed and took her last sip of the drink. 

 

"Hey!" A foreigner with a bandanna on his long blonde wavy and below the shoulder length hair approached her all of the sudden.

 

Mina's brows furrowed scanning the guy from head to toe. The guy was wearing a red floral long sleeve with a mint green open vest on top matching it with his bright yellow pants. With his colorful and funky outfit the guy just looked  like a hippie time traveler from the 70's.

 

The guy look around the place and suddenly took the vacant seat in front of her. "They're not here, right?"

 

Mina look at the guy confusingly. "Excuse me, but I don't recall knowing you and that seat is already reserved."

 

"Oh," the guy leaned towards her from the other side of the table then flashes a smile showing off a familiar dimple on his right cheek and there he finally took off his sunglasses.

 

"Chaeyoung?" Mina said as she tilted her head both in surprise and confusion. 

 

He just smiled and look around again. "So, your bodyguards are not here, right?"

 

"Yeah, you told me not to bring them." She answered as she was still surprised staring at his long blonde hair. "By the way... Why are you dressed up like that?"

 

"Oh, this?" He smirked and tried composed himself. "No one should know about us dating, right?" He wore back his sunglasses. "Look, it's a perfect disguise! You didn't even recognized me!" He proudly said as he do different posses while all the people in the restaurant keeps glancing at him.

 

Mina just stares at him for a moment seeing how this man seems to be enjoying the attention he's getting with his colorful outfit. 'In disguise or not, this guy really love attention all over him.'

 

He suddenly got up. "Come on, let's start our date."

 

"Wait, Don't you want to order and eat first?"

 

"Nah, I'm already full." Chaeyoung said and offered his right hand to Mina. "Shall we?"

 

Mina got up and took his hand. They were about to take their step out of the restaurant when she stopped as she was startled when he suddenly intertwined their hands together.

 

Chaeyoung rolled his eyes. "You want to experience flirting—I mean dating, right?

 

Mina nodded and stares at their clasping hands.

 

"If you really want to experience it, then of course at least we should act like a real couple." He cocked his head to the couple sweetly clasping their hand together entering the restaurant.  

 

Mina took a glance of the couple and nodded. "I understand now. You're right."

 

"Of course I am." He smirked and squeeze her hand while walking. "By the way, you have a really soft hand. Care to share what cream you are using?"

 

-

 

 

"Let's start from the basic." Chaeyoung said as they entered a building.

 

Mina nodded as she look around the place.  She get her note phone and took a picture of the place. There are a lot of young people happily having their time playing different game consoles righ now.

 

"Just what they say, everything in the world works in its own good and perfect time, everything comes from a process: morning before night, seed before a tree, Kobe Bryant before Stephen curry, girls generation before twice, s*x before babies," he said proudly preaching his expertise. "This is the arcade, this where usually young couple go on their first date. You haven't dated before so I'll let you experience it, starting from the basic— wait, what are you doing?" He suddenly asked as he saw her busy writing something on her expensive phone.

 

"I'm chatting down what you just said." She answered while seriously writing on her phone with her stylus.

 

Chaeyoung pressed his lips and smiled. 'This girl is so weird.' "Do you want me to repeat it?"

 

Mina shook her head. "No need, I got everything."

 

"Okay." He shrugged and hold her hand again as they started to explore the place. "Mina, look at that!" He pointed at the claw machine and excitingly dragged her to it. "They look like you, Minari." He chuckled in amusement as he was looking at her and the plushie.

 

Mina with her straight face just confusingly stares at the emo penguin plushies inside the machine.

 

"I'll get one for you." He stated and inserted a coin in the machine. 

 

Chaeyoung bit his lower lip focus on toggling the joystick on the machine. "Argh! I almost have it!" He hit the machine in irritation then shoved the fake hair that suddenly fell in front of his gorgeous face. "One more time." 

 

Mina was just standing besides Chaeyoung watching how he looks so serious trying to get the plushie again and again as he continue to fail. 

 

"Aish!" Chaeyoung brushed his long blonde fake hair in frustration. He suddenly stares at Mina and composed himself. "This machine is not working properly." He then looked around. "There! Let's just play a video game." He suggested and again dragged her in front of a tekken console. "Sit here." He said tapping the chair.

 

"I don't know how to play this." Mina said. 

 

"No problem. The master is here to teach you." He smirked and guided her to her seat as he positioned himself on the chair besides her. He leaned towards to her console and start explaining the game. "Here is the joystick, it controls the character's movements. Then these buttons here are use for kicking, punching and slapping your enemy if you want to. Do some combinations then you'll get a power up."

 

Mina nodded as she was carefully listening to his instructions.

 

"So, did you get it?" 

 

"Yes."  Mina said and gave him an assuring nod.

 

He softly tapped her head twice. "Good! Let's start then!" 

 

And there they start the game. Both were serious staring at the screen at the moment. On the first few game Chaeyoung was always the one winning as expected but as Mina get used to game she surprised him with a combination and finally beat him.

 

He looked at opened in surprise.

 

"I won..." Mina said in amusement and look at him looking surprised from her sudden achievement. "Chaeyoung, I won! I finally won!"

 

Chaeyoung just watch Mina having her small celebration besides him right now. The girl was smiling! Her eyes are all sparkling and her gummy smile is showing off in front of him right now. It was his first time seeing her smile!

 

He smiled proudly to himself and nodded. Again, he made another lonely woman smile—and the fact that she was not that typical woman he always encountered made him so proud of himself. 'You really are a gift to humanity, Son Chaeyoung.'

 

Now, he understand why God chose him to be blackmailed by this girl. As He gifted him with so much in this world it's just his obligation to share his blessings to women in need like her.

 

"Let's play again." Mina excitingly suggested.

 

Chaeyoung stares at her for a moment. 'Maybe, it's not really that bad to spend that two months with her.' He smirked to her. "You won because you learned from the master and I was just stretching up." He leaned side to her intentionally bumping his arm with hers. "This time I won't let you win, I won't go easy on you." 

 

They spend their hours playing the game until their eyes get tired from staring at the screen.

 

As they were about to get out of the arcade Chaeyoung suddenly stopped. He is trying to get something from his jeans's pocket. "Aha!" He said as he was holding a coin between his fingers. 

 

She just curiously watch him as he went back to the claw machine earlier.

 

"I will surely gonna get this for you this time." He told her in assurance. He kissed the coin for luck before inserting it into the machine. 

 

Mina just watch Chaeyoung's serious face focus checking from the different angles of the claw machine making sure that he'll get the plushie this time.

 

"This is it!" Chaeyoung bit his lower lip and closed his eyes as he pressed the red button making the claw reach for his target. 

 

"Chaeyoung..."  Few seconds later Mina pulled the end of his shirt. "...I think... you got it."

 

He opened his one eye to confirmed what she just said. "Omo!" He excitingly watch the plushie dropped by the machine. "I got it! I got it!" He quickly bent down to get the plushie and showed it to Mina. "Look, Mina. I got it! God, you really look like this penguin." 

 

Mina's one brow furrowed watching the guy chuckled looking at her and the plushie. 

 

"Give me you're hand." He pulled her hand and put the penguin on it. "I told you, I'm gonna get this for you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

©️kgi_tala