Green Day - 14th August

14th Day -Wine Day- [HIATUS]

Green Day

 

The first class on the second floor was over, and yet there was still a girl on the back seat arguing with her phone―or with someone on the phone to be precise―for almost thirty minutes.

Everyone already went out to buy their feast and take a rest at their apartment, including their professor who went to the teacher room.

The clock ticking sound echoing inside the empty classroom, which was actually a bit scary reminding that it was already ten o’clock in the night.

That girl, which named you, typing something at her phone slowly. It looked like she was on the middle of internal conflict with herself.

She read over and over again the text that she received about five minutes ago,

From: Jang Dongwoo

Baby~ let’s goes out!

 

To: Jang Dongwoo

Where to? It’s already this late. Your apartment isn’t that close with mine.

 

From: Jang Dongwoo

Ah, I have a driving license, remember? I will pick you up ^^

 

To: Jang Dongwoo

You still haven’t told me where we will go this late.

 

From: Jang Dongwoo

Ah… that… my seniors asked me to come to drink with them since today is green day. And they said to bring you over since they also bring their girlfriend. You know it’s rude to not accept their offer, right? ^^’

 

To: Jang Dongwoo

You know I don’t drink ==

 

From: Jang Dongwoo

You don’t need to drink! I will drink it for you! Pretty please? :(

She read again the text she typed, hesitating about the answer she typed, was it the right choice or not. And then she clicked the send button.

 

To: Jang Dongwoo

Alright == just this once.

 

you received the reply within a minute. It looked like Dongwoo really waiting for the reply from his girlfriend.

 

From: Jang Dongwoo

Waaa~ I love you so much! >3< I will pick you up at your apartment, okay?

 

To: Jang Dongwoo

Neh --

 

After sending her last text, you sighed and looked up. She was a bit surprised seeing the empty classroom in front of her. Shivering a bit at the thought of ghost, she hurriedly packed her stuff and ran as fast as she can to the door.

With heavy breaths, you opened the door of her apartment, startled Daeun who was at the middle of eating her dinner; rice ball from minimarket.

After gulping her last bite in hurry, she asked, “What’s wrong? Did someone chase you around?”

“Ah, no… I’m just a bit scared because it was so dark on the street. I don’t want to meet ghosts, so I ran as fast as I can. He-he…” you explained.

“Do you want some? I buy a bit too much for myself.” Daeun offered you a rice ball she had on her hand. Either of them can cook well, so they prefer to buy a takeout or instant food at minimarket.

“Ah, thank you, but no. Dongwoo asked me earlier if I can go with him. I think I will get to eat there.”

With a small smile, Daeun told her best friend to be careful and go home directly after going with Dongwoo. Maybe that seemed a bit overprotective for a best friend. But actually it was understandable since you’s parents called Daeun twice a day to make sure their daughter was alright.

you went to her closet and picked a white dress and black cardigan. She also put a tiny brown belt around her waist and tidied her hair a bit.

Ten minutes later, Dongwoo came with his casual yet fashionable clothes. Daeun sent them to the front door with a smile engraved on her face. “I will buy you some chicken when I go home,” you promised her.

“Don’t worry about me, just enjoy your date.” She was shoo-ing that couple in front of her jokingly. “Yah! Don’t do anything stupid to my best friend, okay?”

“Count on me.” Dongwoo tried to wink, but fail.

Daeun waved her hand as the black car in front of her walking away. She turned around to came into her apartment room again as she mumbled, “I seem pathetic. When will I get a boyfriend?”

While Daeun watched TV by herself, you and Dongwoo were still arguing inside the car. They argued about the drink. None of them want to drink much and then got drunk.

“Yah, if your seniors ask me to drink, you should drink it on my behalf!” you started arguing. “I want to live a long healthy life without drinking, you know?”

“I know you will never drink. But if I drink too much, don’t you think I will get drunk? So who will drive you home if I get drunk?”

“Then, don’t get drunk!” This couple kept their immature argues all the way to the karaoke bar. It was taken them 20 minutes by car.

A tall three-story building was standing before them in the night city. you tried to calm down and entered the building hand-in-hand with Dongwoo.

The first story seemed to be a regular bar where the tables full with soju bottles. Drunken man and woman were mostly sobbing on their table. And the remaining two stories were used as karaoke bar. Judging by the busy workers, the karaoke bar was full with reservation.

Dongwoo went to the worker near the phone, he asked where his seniors were while you waiting patiently near the ladder.

Five minutes later, Dongwoo came back after get the information where his seniors were. They went to the third floor by ladder. The sound of songs leaked all over the wall, creating the combination of many songs that was enough to confuse your head.

They entered the third door on their left side. A loud music welcomed them. These five messed-looking boys were shouting loudly to the microphone, making the girls they brought tried really hard to cover their ears.

“Oh, Dongwoo! You came!” The boy with plaid shirt welcomed him. “Sit, sit!”

you kept looking at these boys who still singing loudly. She felt sorry for the microphone for being abused like that. She never saw drunken people become like this. This made her really determined to never touch alcohol drinks in her life.

With the girls demand, the boys stopped abusing the microphone. They sat calmly with a glass of soju on their hand. “So, this is your girlfriend, Dongwoo?”

“Yeah, she is. Her name is you,” Dongwoo proudly introduced you who was nodded slightly.

“Here, here, I will pour it for you.” The one with glasses over-poured the soju and give it to you.

“Ah, I don’t drink,” you politely refused his offer, made everyone laugh.

“You are not drinking? Ha-ha… then why are you come here? Today is green day, baby. Everyone must drink soju~!”

“Ah! How about this? Let’s play a game and the one who lose should drink a glass!” the black haired girl suggested.

“What game?”

“Truth or dare?”

“All right! Oh- let’s make it dare or dare!”

And with that, the seniors prepared the paper written with dare that everyone would choose. An empty soju bottle was put in the middle of table. Dongwoo and you just can follow the seniors without any words.

The drunken boys really showed that they were really at the drunken state because as far as it go, the dare that’s showed up were all ridiculous. And not only have that, two erted dare already come out. It made you really anxious because it was now her turn to spin.

The soju bottle spinning fast at first and then it gradually slow down. When it started to slow down, the bottle was moving to the boys. Dongwoo really worried that it will really stop at the boys. If that happened, you will surely don’t want to do whatever the dare that come out. And if that really happen, he must drink his fifth glass of soju.

And then the bottle stopped, in front of the red-colored t-shirt boy. He cheered as he opened the dare he chose. “Kiss~!”

Everyone cheered for him as he pouting his mouth to be kissed by you. She didn’t know what to do and just eyed Dongwoo who started to drunk because he already drank 4 glasses on her behalf.

That boy come closer to you which still stay still. She looked like she will accept the dare. Everyone cheered really loudly when Dongwoo banged the table, making everyone silent.

He grabbed another glass and drank it in one shot. “I drink it on her behalf, don’t play with my girlfriend!” Dongwoo grabbed you’s wrist and lead her to the door. “Let’s go.”

On the car, an awkward silent came out from nowhere. you, who felt guilty started to speak, “Are you okay? Can you drive? I will drive if you-”

Her words got cut by Dongwoo. “What you are thinking you are doing?! You want me to see you kissing with someone else?! You want me to kiss him in front of me?!” he shouted loudly, making you flinched.

“I am sorry…” she replied with low voice.

Dongwoo ruffled his hair. “No, no. you don’t need to apologize.  It isn’t your fault.” He took you’s hand and hold it. Her hands were cold, probably from being nervous. He took a look at his girlfriend messed hair. “Take a look below you. There is a bag, take it.”

you followed what Dongwoo said and found a white paper bag. “What is this?”

“Open it.”

She opened the paper bag and found a little box wrapped beautifully. She also ripped the wrapper and found a yellow hair pin and hair band. “This is…”

“Well… I see you are a bit tired lately, and you hair is messy. So I thought I will buy this simple present for you. Happy anniversary,” He said with a smile.

“Happy anniversary… oh! And happy green day! You had a nice drink, don’t you?”

August 14 night ended with a laugh.


New Chapter!

It’s already 15 August here. 7.05 AM

I am a bit late, eh? ^^’

Hehe… hope you like it!

 

Happy Green Day, everyone!

-chichichi24