The Rascal

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's sing our 'Goodbye' song before we dismiss," announced Wendy, as she pressed the song on her playlist.

Everyone in the class exchanged goodbyes after singing the song and took turns to give Wendy a big hug. She gathered the class together and released them one by one to their parents waiting patiently outside. 

"Hey," greeted the handsome lad with dark hair, flashing his two sets of pearly white teeth.

One would have expected all the ladies to swoon, but Wendy wasn't in the least bit fazed by it. She in a deep breath, in her attempt to mask her annoyance by the pesky presence of the man standing before her.

She forced a smile, hoping it looked genuine at the very least. Well, working with parents, especially the difficult and irritating ones, had helped her to become a better actress over the years. She had learnt how to deal with them professionally, even though she was cursing them to no ends internally.

Step 1: Smile.

Step 2: Address their complaint concern.

Step 3: Thank them for highlighting the issue.

Step 4: Assure them of the follow-up actions.

"Hi Mr Sehun," she greeted sweetly. "Mina was very proactive today. She participated actively in all our activities, so you may relay that to her parents. I am sure they will be heartened to hear how fast she has settled down."

He beamed, and ruffled the 4 year old girl's long locks, looking down at her like a proud dad. "I will surely tell my brother and sister-in-law. Thank you, Miss Wendy. I really appreciate you looking out for this little princess."

"Well, she's my student after all. I do the same for all my students in the class." Wendy tried to turn away so that the conversation would end, but Sehun was persistent in continuing the talk. 

"Is there by any chance, you can spare some time to have dinner with me?"

Wendy sighed. That was the third time in the week he had asked her out. "I can't, Mr Sehun. I hope you would refrain from requesting such things anymore." And this time she walked off in quick steps without a sparing a glance at the crestfallen man. Going on dates with her students' family was a big no to Wendy. It was unprofessional, and against her principle.

"Now that leaves me with you," commented Wendy as she saw one of her students sitting on the bench with her head nestled on her arms. "Where's mummy?"

The girl shrugged her shoulders. "Mummy said she can't pick me up today. Mum didn't say anything."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter