Chapter XV

C R A S H

Jennie's P.O.V

It's already been 3 weeks since Lisa and I argue about Taehyung and until now she's still not talking to me and has been ignoring me since then. She also stopped bringing me to school and home and not even spending weekends at my house. It was Jisoo who always accompanies me and drives for me. Taehyung insisted to do that for me but I declined his offer. Even though he's already my boyfriend and he once brought me home, I am still not comfortable riding in a car with him. Still, I am much more tranquil with Uncle Josh, Jisoo, and Lisa. I've been texting her saying how sorry I am but she's not responding. I miss her so much and it hurts like that she 's not minding me at all. We're seeing each other at school but she always avoids me every time our paths will cross. Actually, I didn't expect that she can do this to me, that she can ignore me this long, but I cannot blame her coz I know I also hurt her by what I've said to her that night. Maybe I went overboard and hurt her feelings so badly. 

FLASHBACK

"Lisa. I'm dating Taehyung"

I saw how her expression changed when I told her about the news. Her face hardened and she pulled her hands away from me. Her brows furrowed and her jaw was clenched giving me an 'are you in' serious look?'

I swallowed the lump in my throat before I look straight into her eyes and nod my head. My heart was beating so mad almost ripping off my rib cage coz I am so nervous about what her reaction will be. I know she will be upset, mad, irritated, and any other negative words there is but I still hope that she will learn to accept our relationship.

She shook her head and said, "Tell me this is just a prank"  she uttered, trying to paint a  smile on her face. 

"No, it isn't", I said under my breath almost whispering to myself. I don't know if Lisa understood what I am saying but I think she did when she suddenly,

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND JENNIE? DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM? WHY AREN'T YOU EVEN LISTENING"  she burst out and shouted which made me shocked and almost make my heart jumps out from my chest. 

"Can you please calm down?" I convinced trying to reach for her but she shoved my hands away.

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN MY BEST FRIEND IS NOW THE GIRLFRIEND OF THE BIGGEST JERK HERE AT SCHOOL?" she shouted. 

She runs her fingers through her head out of frustration. 

"PLEASE STOP CALLING HIM NAMES. AND FOR THE RECORD LISA, I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM BEING A JERK ALL THIS TIME. IT WAS YOU WHO'S ACTING LIKE A BIG DAMN JERK IN FRONT OF HIM!" I bite back. 

Her eyes widened in shock. I too didn't expect those words would come out from my mouth. I was so mad at her coz she's being so unreasonable.  Besides, I just don't want to hear her calling my boyfriend a jerk when in fact all this time he's been so good and gentle to me. 

"I'm just trying to protect you", she said in her low soothing voice.

"Well, I don't need your protection, Lis. I am no longer a child so stop treating me one. I can protect myself from now on"

END OF FLASHBACK

I felt guilty when I shouted at her. I didn't mean what I said and I regret that I said those words to her. I know she's just trying to protect me that's why she wants me to stay away from Taehyung and I was a bit harsh when I told her I don't need her protection coz I did. All this time, Lisa is my protector and because of her I always feel safe and confident. 

Today is Friday. I texted Lisa if she'll come to my house for our weekend movie night but until now there's no reply then I saw her walking out from their classroom. She's with Momo and Seulgi and they are talking and laughing at each other. I stared at my best friend and my brows automatically furrowed when I saw that she's on her phone. I'm pretty sure she already received my message but she's just not replying to me intentionally. I'm starting to get pissed, so, I went toward her with gritted teeth and clenched jaw. 

"Jen where are you going?" Irene shouted as I walked in haste towards the three idiots' location. 

I didn't respond to Irene and just continue walking to where Lisa is. 

"Hey, Jen! What's up!" Seulgi greeted that made the other two look behind. 

Our eyes met but she quickly turned her head back to her phone ignoring my very presence. I gave Seulgi a fake smile before I turn my gaze to Lisa again. 

"Li----" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when Lisa suddenly stood up and speak.

"I have to go now. Rosie's waiting for me" she said then she turned her back on us leaving us in a silent mode. 

The ?! She's really pushing me to my limits. I gritted my teeth and heave a deep sigh before I step my foot and followed her. 

"Lis" I called while following her all the way to the parking lot. 

She didn't look back and just continue to walk. Gosh! She really doesn't want to listen ha!

"LALISA MANOBAN!!!" I shouted on top of my lungs and thank goodness she already stopped. 

She turned around and faced me wearing his poker face. 

"GOSH! YOU'RE NOT MAKING THIS EASY!" I complained. 

"What do you want?" she asked with the same blank expression on her face.

"Let's talk" I pleaded. 

"About what?" 

"About us. About me and Taehyung" 

"Are you now ready to broke up with him?"

She's staring straight in my eyes waiting for me to say yes but was disappointed when I lower down my face and shake my head. 

I can't break up with Taehyung just like that. Why can't she understand that Taehyung is now my boyfriend? Why does she have to act this way? Why can't she just accept the fact that I am no longer the vulnerable Jennie that she knew? That I'm a grown-up woman now that can make her own decision and protect herself. 

"Then just talk to me when you already decided to dump him" she uttered before she turned her back to me once more.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY FOR ME?" I shouted that made her stop from walking.

"I've been so happy for you and Rosie. I supported you, Lis. Why can't you do that for me?" I bit my cheek to stop myself from crying. We've already catching other student's attention and I don't want to cry in front of them but I failed when tears escaped my eyes.

 

------

Lisa's P.O.V

"I've been so happy for you and Rosie. I supported you, Lis. Why can't you do that for me?" she said. 

I heard her sob and seriously, crying Jennie always breaks my heart. I don't want to see her crying especially if the reason for her tears was me. I turn around to face her and even if I don't want to, I walk towards her to soothe her. 

"Sssh.. I'm sorry" I said then I hugged her and caress her back. 

She buried her face against my chest as she sobs more into it and punching it while telling me how unfair I am. 

"You're so unfair! You don't know how hurt I am coz you've been ignoring me. Three weeks Lisa! You managed to ignore me and forget about me for three in' weeks!" she complained. 

It's not true that I've been ignoring her, that I shut her off coz I didn't. I just distanced myself to her coz I am mad coz she wasn't listening but that doesn't mean that I already forget about her. In fact, I asked Jisoo if she can bring her to school and fetch her after and every time she's with Taehyung at the parking lot or wherever at school, I am always at their back following them without them knowing. I just want to make sure that Taehyung will keep his hands off of her and to ensure that Jennie is safe.

I can feel how hurt she is by what I did but I just couldn't accept Taehyung as her boyfriend. Jennie was so fragile and can easily be fooled by just a simple act. I reacted that way not because I'm jealous just like what my two idiots friends said, but because I was just trying to protect her. Taehyung is notoriously crowned as the heartbreaker in school. Every new student falls for him because he's good at acting up like he's interested in them but when the relationship starts to become deep and when the person was totally into him and gets what he wants, he will just leave them behind hurt and destroyed. I don't want that to happen to Jennie. I don't want to see her running to me crying while telling me how Taehyung hurt her. For sure, if that happens, I will surely kill Taehyung.

I admit I was hurt when she told me she doesn't need my protection anymore and as much as I want to let her be and do not meddle between them, I can't. Jennie is not my responsibility but I can't stay away from the fact that I don't want her to be hurt, that it felt like it is my duty to protect her at all costs. But this is not what she wants. She wants Taehyung and if he makes her happy then I let them be, but that doesn't mean that I'm already approved to him, coz I am not. I am just doing this because this is what Jennie wants. And if he hurt Jennie, I will never think twice to break every bone in his body. 

"I'm sorry. You're right, I was a jerk and again I'm sorry" that's all I can say. 

She pulled out from the hug, lifted her head up and looked at me. Her eyes were swollen due to too much crying which made me felt guilty. I stared at her face as well and I saw how her tears drip down her cheeks. I cupped her cheeks with my hands while I'm wiping off the tears in her eyes using my thumb. Gosh! Why can't I resist this girl! I can't even be mad for her for so long. 

I kissed her forehead and said, "Alright, if you want him then I let you be, as long you are happy"

I smiled after I kissed her forehead and she did the same while pouting her lips. I pinched her cheeks coz she was so cute when she's doing that.  

"Thank you, Lis" she uttered. 

"Don't take me coz I'm still gonna break his bones once he makes you cry!" I said punching my own palm. 

"I promise, if that happens, I will let you beat his off" Jennie answered while smiling from ear to ear.

I nod my head and Jennie clings her arm to me as if we did not fight at all.

"Let's watch To All the Boys I've Loved Before II" she muttered.

"Tss..Cheesy!" I teased. 

She rolled her eyes on me and pull me towards my car. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------

PROM