Chapter 7

Can you feel my heartbeat?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7
When Seolhyun said “ Why would you care? Didn’t you say that you don’t care about my feeling?”

.............


Hyejeong was early that morning, she was drinking her morning coffee and walking toward the hospital when she spotted a familiar figure outside the entrance smiling and hugging someone that she fail to recognise. The figure even tucked the hair the slightly taller girl's hair behind her ear as they were talking.


Hyejeong didn’t even realized that the coffee in her hand was crushed and spilled all over the ground, only when she wetted her clothes that she realized what was going on.


“ S-!” Hyejeong cursed loudly as she tried to clean after herself. The two figures that was hugging before finally let go of one another, startled by Hyejeong’s voice, and one of them kissed the other's cheek before waving goodbye to the shorter girl and walk away, she bowed a little to Hyejeong before walked away from there.


The shorter girl approached Hyejeong and handed her napkins without a single word, other than good morning and you can keep the napkins which cause confusion and anger all over the older woman.


“ Is that all you gonna say to me Dr Kim? Good morning and keep the napkins?”


The shorter looked at Hyejeong without any playfulness and smirked like she usually did.


“ What did you expect me to say then?”
Hyejeong was speechless, she got a mix feeling, anger, embarrassment, disappointment, and something that she won’t admit, hurts.


“ I-I don’t know? Maybe a simple are you alright would do? Isn’t that what you always do?” Hyejeong looked away in embarrassment.


“ Well, other than your ruined clothes, and your wasted coffee you seems fine so I see no point on asking you that. If you'll excuse me then, see you around ' Dr Shin '.” 


The last part really made some unwelcome feeling inside Hyejeong’s, she didn’t know why but she felt like crying over something that she had lost, but she can’t pin point what. She wanted to scream or just wanted to slap Seolhyun hard across her face just to get the usual sunshine’s back.


“ What the hell is wrong with you? Y-You’re not acting like usual, did I do something wrong?” Hyejeong almost scream as she said that, Seolhyun didn’t say anything and was just about to leave when she felt Hyejeong’s trembling hand on her arm stopping her to walk away.


“ D-Don’t, please, don’t leave. D-Did I do something wrong? P-Please tell me.”
Seolhyun faced Hyejeong this time but still didn’t say anything.


“ W-Who is she? W-Why did she kiss you? W-Why did you hugged her?” Hyejeong can’t even face the younger as she spoke, she just bit her lips quietly and looked at the ground.


“ And why would you care about that? Didn’t you say that you don’t care about my feeling?”


Hyejeong was paled, Seolhyun must’ve over heard her conversation with Mina yesterday, slowly she let go of Seolhyun’s hand helplessly.


“ I'm tired Hyejeong. I've been courting you for almost a year now, and I've told you a thousand times that I don’t even need you to love me back, I just wanted you to trust me and give me a chance! Is that really hard to do? Am I really that untrustworthy that you can’t even believe in my word? And not to mention that you actually let someone new enter your life so easily, but what about me? Even after what we had yesterday, I thought that you would finally open up your heart for me, I was hoping that you would finally understand how much I treasure you, how much I wanted you to be a part of me.”

Seolhyun was crying by now but she didn’t want to look weak so she brushed the tears away and faced Hyejeong confidently.


“ Imagine how broken I am when I heard you yesterday, how could you said that you don’t care about our feeling, that you wouldn’t even feel anything if you ever broke any of our hearts? Hyejeong, I do love you so ing much, but I also have my dignity as a woman, and so I've decide.”

Hyejeong was unable to breath as Seolhyun said those words.


“ I've decide to let you go. I realized that maybe I was being too much of a burden to you, and you’re right when you said that you never ask me to love you, it was my heart Hyejeong, the one that told me that I really do love you. But it was also my heart to tell me to stop now. I know that it will be hard for me to forget you, especially since we’re working together but I will try, so don’t you worry about me, I believe that one day I could move on from you, get myself a family of my own, even without you.”


Seolhyun took a deep breath before she walked closer to Hyejeong and gave a small smile.


“ Goodbye my love, I hope one day you’ll find someone that you could actually be honest with and someone that you'll cherish before yourself, just like how I cherish you with my whole life. Goodbye.”


Hyejeong can’t even uttered a single word, she felt her whole world crumbled and her chest was hammering loudly she felt like she was going to be sick, and sadly she didn’t even understand why. She closed her eyes and talk to herself.


“ T-This is what you want all along Hyejeong, you always wanted for Seolhyun to give up on you, so w-why does it feels so hurt.” Hyejeong backed away from Seolhyun and said something that actually broke both of her and Seolhyun’s heart.


“ G-Good, I’m glad. I hope you find that happiness of yours soon, I hope you could find someone that can reply your feeling just as much as you love them. I-I wanted to thankyou for all the things you’ve done for me so far, and I’m sorry if I ever hurt you. G-Goodbye Dr Kim, and have a good day.” A

soon as she saw disappointment and hurt on Seolhyun’s face Hyejeong regretted to say all of those things, she just wanted to run away from there, it hurts her so much to see Seolhyun then.


She basically ran away from there and rushed inside. She went straight the only place that came to her mind, she avoided everyone’s curious stare and she didn’t even said sorry as she bumped to someone.

She ran and ran, until she arrived at the rooftop.


She went to the edge and screamed as hard as she can before broke down to the ground.
She was a crying mess, her hand fisted on her chest, tears were flowing like crazy, until she felt someone embraced her from behind.
The other placed her head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter