Chapter 3

Can you feel my heartbeat?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3
The day Seolhyun said “ Back off, she is mine.”

.........

“ Update me with the cart.” Hyejeong said to Chanmi as soon as she arrived at the hospital the next morning.


“ Moon Myungsoo, age 65 years old, he was found unconscious at his house yesterday by his wife. His medical record said that he got aortic dissection and request immediate repair of dissection.”

Hyejeong came over to the man and called his name.


“ Mr Moon, can you hear me?”
The man slowly opened up his eyes and nodded weakly.


“ Good, I'm Dr Hyejeong Shin and I'll be your doctor in charge. Now Mr Moon is there any of your family that I could talk to about your medical history?”


“ M-My daughter, she is a Doctor too, but she’s away working in NYC, but my wife said that she fly here as soon as she heard the news. She should be here any minute as we talk now.” The man said to Hyejeong cleary proud of her daughter.
And true to be said a rather handsome looking woman walk trough the door with her mother.


The woman went straight to her father and placed a kiss on his forehead and checking all the equipment attached to her father’s body before finally faced the taller woman infront of her.


“ You must be Dr Shin, I've heard about all of your achievements and they never fail to impress me.” She took Hyejeong’s hand and rather than simply shake it like any other people, she took it and placed a gentle kiss on the later hand which earn a gasp from all over the place.


“ T-That's not necessary. Though I must say that I’m quite flattered knowing that you appreciated my works.”


“ Ah, yeah sorry I can’t help it, you are just so beautiful that I can’t help myself. How rude of me not to introduce myself. My name is Moon Byuli, I'm also a cardiologist surgeon myself, and I'm currently working at NYC, though after seeing you in person made me wonder if I should just transferred here so I could see you everyday.”

Hyejeong cough and looked away awkwardly. One Seolhyun is more than enough and now there's this another flirty Doctor, what did she do to deserve this fate.


“ Ok, I don’t want to be rude but I would rather talk about your father conditions than standing here talking about our meeting. If you please follow me to my office.”  Hyejeong could see Moonbyul smug smile as she followed the taller woman.
As they arrived at Hyejeong's office she let Moonbyul sat oh the chair before closing the door.

She went to her desk and display the stock photos before explaining the heart condition of the later father.


“ As we could see in here, there is a purple hematoma with bleeding at a distance from the cannula site. And here, his blood doesn’t rise up the aortic cannula on cannulation. Seeing that this condition of your father has gotten worse since the first time he did bypass, I do believe that it would be wise for us to do the second and immediate repair on dissection and do the second emergency bypass. What do you think Doc?”


Moonbyul was surprisingly serious while examining the photos thoroughly, all her earlier cheekiness was long gone.


“ You see here Doctor Shin, looking at the leaked I do believe it would be wise if we stop the first bypass and clamp the venous line first. Place the aortic cannula  into the RA so volume can be given rapidly as required, only after that we could proceed to femoral caval bypass immediately.”
Hyejeong pondering for a few moments before she finally nodded in agreement.


“ Yes I do believe that you are correct, but we must be certain that his condition is fit enough to do this surgery. This procedure could took up about 5 to 6 hours with only the chance of 85% survival, so this will be a lot harder than any common cardiopulmonary bypass procedure. Would you be willing to complied to this suggestion?”
Moonbyul was quiet for sometime.


“ Yes I would, but I want to take part of the surgery. I will asked for permission for temporary license surgery in here just so I could perform the surgery alongside you. That ofcourse if you don’t mind.”


“ Doctor Moon, with due all of respect I don’t think that would be a wise choice. We just met today, I never saw you operate on a patient before and I don’t know anything about your technic and knowledge on surgery field, it could be a disaster if I put you on my surgery out of no where, we both might be doomed.”


Moonbyul laughed at this which stunned the ice princess.


“ Yeah Doc that would be the death of us. Then, let me rephrase my proposal, how about I took a temporary residency in here until my father surgery, I don’t mind just being an assistant Doctor for you, if that’s okay with you of course. I could email my  request to NYC hospital as soon as I left this room and I will give it to the board director here right after that, so you’ll have all time of your life to see me work and all. What do you think?”


Hyejeong can’t believed what the older just bombarded at her, gapped and she struggled to form a word.


“ B-But, the fastest I could do this surgery is within a month, your father is in no condition to do the surgery right now, he needed all the time to recover and daily therapy before undergoing the surgery, which meant for you to stay here for about a month or even more! That’s i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter