A couple first

Fated to Be Together

The party ended when it was nearly 10:00 P.M. A lot of the children were tired and wanted to go home.

Everyone was saying their goodbyes and going to their cars. My friends hugged me and told me to stay strong. I could see that the kids' friends' parents were looking at me differently. I could tell from their eyes; they were thinking 'Thank God we didn't have our kids that young.' Most of them were in their late 20's.

JinHee was the last to leave the house, but Jonghyun took her home. I knew something was going to happen between the two of them since their first encounter at the cafe. I made sure I would beat the crap out of her tomorrow. Well, not really, but she would at least get a scolding. Now everyone knew Changmin was their dad. 

The only person who didn't know was his dad..... oh crap... HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO TELL HIM????!!!! 

He was busy on a business trip so he couldn't attend the party.

I would have to talk to Changmin about it. We would have to tell the truth. 

"Omma, our real dad's not as bad as we thought," Yeonmi murmured. "He's not that mean. I'm happy he got me a teddy bear instead of those stupid dolls."

"Now, we don't have to pretend he's our dad. He's our real dad. But does that mean we have to call Taecyeon Ahjusshi now?" Yoojin asked.

"No, you don't, just call him Taecyeon. He'll be okay with that. And Yeonmi, I'm proud of you for politely thanking those parents that got you the dolls. We'll give them away to a toy drive or something. But you guys are taking this well. I was planning to tell you guys but didn't know if you two would be okay with it."

"If our real dad were a hobo, we would have made a big deal about it. I'm glad he's not a hobo, though, his house is huge, and we can live here forever now!" Yoojin exclaimed.

"Yeah, hobos are stinky. " Yeonmi scrunched up her nose.

"Don't make fun of hobos, you two. So how did you guys feel about the surprise party?"

They smiled. "We thought you forgot, and we were sad but you didn't." Both of them said in unison. They went back to throwing the wrapping paper away. Well, except for the beautiful ones. We kept those for Christmas to reuse. We were finishing cleaning when Min-Rae texted me.

Hey, is it okay if you ask Yoojin why he doesn't like me? I never seemed to understand why. I never did anything to him.

I texted back. I'll ask. But did something happen?

As soon as I sent it, I got a reply. He didn't want to accept my present. He told me to get Jaejoong to give it to him.

I went to Yoojin and asked him about it.

"Yoojin-ah, is it true that you made Jaejoong give you Auntie Min-Rae's present?" 

He nodded and bit his lip. "Why don't you like her?"

He sighed like he was going to tell a long story. "Well, it started when we first moved to her house." He started to say.

"How can you still remember that? You were two." I interrupted.

"I have a good memory." He responded. "Anyway, when you introduced her, I formally said hi like you taught us. But when you went to the restroom, she started being mean."

When he said this, Yeonmi sat down next to Yoojin. "That's not true. You were being mean first."

"Whatever. It's her fault for making me mad."

"Wait, what happened? I'm so surprised how you guys remember this....."

"Well, Yoojin asked Auntie Min-Rae if she had any toys, and she said no. Of course, I was sad too but Yoojin started acting like a brat and complained saying 'You're ugly!' and other mean things. Auntie Min-Rae was trying hard to ignore this, but then Yoojin said that if she didn't buy us any toys, he would make her house messy. So Auntie Min-Rae scorned Yoojin and said that if he did, then she would sell him to the boogie monster." Yeonmi explained instead of Yoojin.

"Yeonmi! Did you have to tell Omma that? Man, now she's going to tell her and make me apologize for everything I did." Yoojin pouted.

"Oh... that's why Yoojin was having a tantrum that day...But you shouldn't have been like that. You could have just told me you wanted to get toys. I mean, that was when....." I paused for a moment.

"When Grandma and Grandpa died." The twins finished for me. They must have been geniuses if they were so bright and had good memory since two years ago. I wonder if they get that from their dad.

"Yeah, at that time, we had to sell your toys. But look, it's been two years, and you're still being mean to her. I know you thought she was annoying, but you should apologize. I'll call her right now. You know I taught you better than disrespecting adults, especially Auntie Min-Rae."

"Fine...." Yoojin crossed his arms. I pinched his cheek and pressed number 3 on speed dial. It was on speaker.

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Hey, Unnie, Yoojin has something to say to you."

"Oh, okay then."

"I'm sorry for being mean and calling you ugly, annoying, weird, and loud. And for making Uncle Jaejoong give my present instead of you." Yoojin said unenthusiastically. 

Min-Rae laughed. "It's okay. But can we be friends?"

"I guess... I'll try to."

"And did you like my present?"

"Yes. Thanks for the Mario video game." He said. I told Min-Rae that I would give the details later and hung up. Changmin came downstairs, and the twins greeted him.

"Annyeong Appa!"

"Annyeong... um, shouldn't you two be asleep now?" Changmin asked. I smiled. He would be responsible for taking care of them with me now. And he wanted to since he asked to marry me. I wasn't forcing him. But I wondered how our relationship would be.

"Okay, we will after we brush our teeth!" Yeonmi claimed. "Good night Omma! Good night Appa!" Both of them exclaimed. We said it back, and I asked him what we would say to his parents.

"Well, we don't have to get married right away. But we do need to tell him the truth." Changmin stated.

"Yeah, I was thinking that too. We should have never lied in the first place."

"We can't take it back now." Changmin drank his glass of water and continued. "But I don't think he'll be that mad. He'll be glad he has biological grandkids."

"I guess. But, um, would it be okay to have a relationship before marriage? Because it would get awkward between us when we do since it would be rushed. Let's be a couple first."

"Sure. I was hoping you would ask that. Plus, we don't know each other that well yet. I can't pick a wedding ring for you when I don't know your favorite color."

"It's blue. Anyway,  I'll go sleep now. Oboji is coming home tomorrow, right?" I questioned.

He nodded. "Good night, you-ah." And he kissed me on the LIPS! Was he trying to make me fall for him or something? Because I think it's working. It was just a peck, but I grew weak from it. He smiled lightly and headed to his room.

----------------------

Changmin's point of view

I think I'm starting to like you. I'm becoming nicer too. And I might not hate kids after all. I'm changing and I hope it's for the better.

you's lips were soft.... it still felt like before.... 3 years ago..... I'm appalled I remembered the sensation of kissing someone after Yeonhee and I broke up.

Anyway, now that I know they're my kids, I knew I was responsible for them. I wouldn't make you take care of them by herself. But I wondered... would I be able to find Happiness by being with them?

Minho had told me that we were fated to be together. It really does seem like it. Fate's up to something. But I didn't mind it at all.

The next day I woke up to find Sulli in our house being hysterical and yelling at you.

"How can he be the father of your ugly kids? That's impossible. You , you're a liar." 

I was ready to go and tell her off but you slapped her. I was surprised.

"That's for slapping me at the restaurant. And this...is for calling me a liar, and saying my kids are ugly." She slapped her again. " I'll prove to you, they're his kids. Read this." She handed the yellow envelope to her.

Sulli gasped in shock as she read the contents of the yellow envelope.

", you probably made someone type this. I'm getting my Changmin Oppa back." She left. I shook my head wishing she would be able to find someone who she would love sincerely. That is if someone would love her despite those horrible flaws.

"I guess she won't believe you're the father of the twins...." She mumbled. But we didn't know that Oboji was home and heard her say that.

"Did I just hear that Changmin's the father of your kids, you?"

Uh oh.....