Forty-six

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, hello there ^^

I'm so happy I came back and now I can finish this work so you will know what surprises I have for you ^^

I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

see you <3

Note: mention of interuality, talk about surgery

~*~

- If that homophobic says one more time that Arrow needs a mother because our relationship is not the conventional one to raise a child, I swear on my life I will destroy that kindergarten.

That's what Donghae said as Hyukjae – as tired as anyone else since work was so busy – drove to kindergarten. He definitely didn't want any trouble and even thought about asking Donghae not to fight with the teacher. But if the woman said bad things for the fifth time, Hyukjae couldn't just hold his boyfriend.

Donghae would say whatever he wanted.

- I know she's a bad person, Hae. And I honestly hope she doesn't say the same as before.

- So it is. – Donghae sighed – I was so happy yesterday, you know? I told Arrow that he might have a little brother and he was so excited about the idea. I don't even know why we should actually go there.

- Me neither. I wish I was sleeping right now.

- Then why did you suggest taking me there?

Hyukjae sighed after a yawn.

- I don’t know. – and stopped the car – We arrived. I'm going to buy a coffee before I go in there for this conversation.

Donghae nodded and got out of the car, crossing his arms as he thought about what he should say. Being called out at school just because Arrow almost fell asleep in class seemed like such a silly reason. Donghae also didn't want to hear that his son was aggressive just because he liked to play with Gaeul.

It was as if this teacher only teased Arrow because of who he was – or because he had two men for parents.

Anyway, it was frustrating to be called down to kindergarten for the umpteenth time because the teacher wanted to be disrespectful.

Hyukjae ended up coming back after a few minutes and brought a smoothie to Donghae who thanked him and took a sip. It was a banana smoothie with oatmeal and honey, so the brunet was happy that his boyfriend was so thoughtful.

- Shall we?

Donghae sighed and nodded, walking into the kindergarten with Hyukjae who took a big gulp of coffee to keep himself awake. As they arrived when the children were playing, they could see Arrow laughing while Gaeul danced in a funny way. That alone made the couple smile because that's how they wanted to see their son.

But as they had a matter to deal with, Hyukjae and Donghae walked to the office and said they were there so they could talk to the principal and said teacher.

- Lee Hyukjae-ssi? Lee Donghae-ssi? – the principal left the room with an arched eyebrow – Why did you come?

- Because we were called here to talk to the teacher and you.

- Oh! It's a shame you came here for nothing. That teacher was fired just yesterday.

Hyukjae and Donghae looked at each other.

- Why?

- It's a confidential matter, but you should have been told that you didn't need to come.

Donghae arched an eyebrow and Hyukjae grabbed his arm when he noticed that the brunet shifted in his chair – which meant he was about to say something to offend his former teacher.

- Can we at least see Arrow before we go? – Hyukjae asked – Just to talk to him a little.

- Sure. I'll ask someone to call him.

She smiled and Donghae asked as soon as the principal left:

- Why did you ask to talk to Arrow, Hyukjae?

- Because I want to know if he's okay. – Hyukjae crossed his arms – Do you think we should keep Arrow in this kindergarten?

Donghae pursed his lips and thought for a few moments.

- I don't think we should take him out of here. Well, yes if things get bigger. – he sighed – I just think that, now that Arrow is used to kindergarten, it would be difficult to get him out of here. And also all his friends are here.

- I know. – Hyukjae leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees – But it's still so frustrating to know that we came here for nothing. I have no idea why that teacher was fired, but I wonder if she did any damage to the mental health of these kids who only come here for an experience that will be part of their lives forever.

Donghae patted Hyukjae's back and smiled as he looked at Arrow who was running towards his parents with open arms. They hugged each other and the boy said happily:

- I like so much to see you two! Am I going home yet?

- Not yet, but we just wanted to know if you're okay.

Arrow was confused and ended up laughing.

- I'm fine, appa. I was playing with Gaeul and Dasom. Did you know that Dasom likes to play football too? She has to make the team with us.

- You are a sweetheart. – Donghae said and smiled when Arrow blushed and chuckled – But what about your teacher?

- Oh! It's another teacher now. She is really nice and can sing.

- That's great. Did she ask any weird questions? – Arrow shook his head – And she looked at you in a weird way? – once again he shook his head and Donghae smiled – So you're really fine, aren't you?

- Yes, dad. – Arrow hugged Donghae and pecked his cheek – I had a lot of fun today.

- I'm glad. – the brunet smiled and hugged his son even tighter – Your appa was worried.

Hyukjae arched an eyebrow as Arrow was amused.

- You were worried too, Lee Donghae.

Donghae shrugged and squeezed Arrow even tighter in his arms to the point where the boy laughed and patted his father's arm. Hyukjae then managed to release the two and Arrow happily bounced around because he was a happy cookie.

- Can I go now?

- Didn't you miss me? – Donghae asked a little too dramatically and Hyukjae chuckled – Dad missed you so much.

- I missed you too, but I want to play a lot.

Donghae pouted and Hyukjae chuckled once more, getting to his feet and pulling his boyfriend so they could finally walk away.

- So let's go so you can play a lot. – Hyukjae said – See you later and don't forget that we love you.

- I love you too, appa.

With that, Arrow skipped back to his friends and Donghae growled:

- Since when did my baby get like this?

- Your baby is almost five years old, Donghae. He's in another vibe.

- And since when can my baby be in another vibe? – the brunet pouted while his boyfriend walked ahead – Hyuk?

- Yes, Hae?

- We're going to have three more babies.

Hyukjae looked at Donghae with an arched eyebrow.

- And who makes you think that babies won't grow up and act like Arrow?

- Maybe if we find a magician, he can make our babies stay babies forever and then they will love me.

- Donghae, but... What a stupid idea.

- I still want to have three babies.

- Before or after surgery?

Donghae pursed his lips.

- We can always adopt. Didn't you see that Daehyun and Jihoon managed to adopt Gaeul? We are already in 2018 and things have changed.

- Yes, I know. – Hyukjae held Donghae's hand to take him out of the kindergarten – Now let's go.

- You can go home.

- And let you catch a bus? No way. I'll drive you to work and then come home to sleep.

Donghae laughed.

- You are so considerate.

- It's because I love the crazy guy who says crazy things when he just wants a hug from his son. – Hyukjae smiled when Donghae narrowed his eyes – Now let's go, because this man really needs to sleep.

Nodding while laughing softly, Donghae got into the car and sat in the passenger seat. Hyukjae sat in the driver's seat and drove towards the pastry shop. They were still bummed about going to kindergarten for nothing, but there was a good feeling that Arrow wasn't g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter