Twenty-nine

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hello, hello ^^

well, I finally came back and I didn't give up on this fic because, as everyone can imagine, it's very important to me ^^ anyway, I wanted to clarify some facts because you might be confused and I don't want that

1: little wookie is from a Kiwicolada's story: My Dear. we've been talking a lot about an AU of her fic and mine, so I ended up including the little wookie here because I thought it was fun ^^
2: Heechul and Yesung are brothers here so it matches the My Dear fanfic
3: although I didn't mention it, heechul and leeteuk are a couple here ^^

but I hope you enjoy this long chapter ^^

see you <3

If someone asked Arrow what the best day of his life was, surely he would forget about the others to say it was the present day. After all, who could blame the little one? He was with his parents at the mall shopping for clothes – as he was growing up – and it was fun to see Hyukjae and Donghae talking about things he wasn't interested in.

The important thing for Arrow was being with his parents there.

So, after hitting clothing and shoe stores, Arrow almost came out with a new wardrobe and couldn't wait to donate his clothes – it was something he loved to do, especially at Christmas, as he learned that giving is important.

- We'll have so many clothes to donate. – Donghae said while holding Arrow's hand – Let's give some toys too, okay?

- Okay! – the little one had fun – Can I go with you to the church to take the toys?

- Of course you can. We need to go to the orphanage too.

- I can take you guys if you want, Donghae. – Hyukjae said – Arrow has a lot of clothes to be donated and now he is getting really tall.

Arrow was proud of himself. He was now the tallest of his class at daycare.

- It's fine by me. And it would be nice to leave Arrow with one of the grandmothers so we can talk to Santa Claus.

Hyukjae nodded and chuckled as Arrow happily jumped up and said:

- I want to see Santa Claus too. I want to ask him why he forgot I wanted a car to play with my Batman.

Donghae sighed and Hyukjae said:

- You're funny, Arrow. It looks like we're going to take you to talk to Santa Claus?

Arrow pouted and crossed his arms. He really wanted to meet Santa Claus and ask what happened that the old man forgot his toys. He still got cranky for a while and walked between his parents like he'd gotten the worst response in the world. Hyukjae and Donghae shrugged and continued walking as they held the bags and the brown-haired man held his son's hand.

But when he saw a black-haired child near the candy store, Arrow grinned widely and shouted:

- Gaeul!

Little Gaeul looked at Arrow and smiled widely as he waved at his best friend. Gaeul was with his appa at that moment, so the two of them waited for Hyukjae and Donghae to approach with the boy who bounced happily.

- Good afternoon, Hyukjae-ssi. Good afternoon, Donghae-ssi. – Daehyun said and smiled when they said good afternoon too – Family outing?

- Kind of. – Donghae said to Hyukjae's delight and he also said:

- We are planning Arrow's birthday and we took the opportunity to buy some clothes.

Daehyun nodded and looked at Arrow that he was definitely taller than Gaeul.

- We get old when we realize that these children are growing.

The other parents laughed and continued talking while Arrow was very excited and asked Gaeul:

- What will your costume be?

- Pirate. – the older boy replied – Appa said I could choose my costume, but I didn't know what to choose, right? Then daddy told me to dress as a pirate.

- Nice! I’ll dress as a werewolf. Aisha said she's dressing as a witch.

Gaeul frowned.

- Who is Aisha that you never stop talking, Arrow?

- She's my friend I met at ballet. Then she goes and I ask uncle Chullie to take Wookie to my party too.

- You invited so many people to your party, right?

- Yes – they chuckled, but then Arrow whispered in Gaeul's ear – Did you know that Kangin left?

For a four-year-old, Gaeul looked surprised.

- Why?

- Because he went to live far, faaaaaar away. Now appa can live with me and daddy.

- Oh, yes! Will you ask?

Arrow shook his head.

- I'm going to ask for appa to take us to eat hamburgers because dad is kinda sad.

At that moment Gaeul giggled.

- You want to eat hamburger, Arrow.

Arrow giggled too and didn't disagree. If anyone asked, he would say that his parents' food was the best in every way possible. But sometimes it was nice to eat out.

- So we just need to make the invitations and send them this week. – Hyukjae explained to Daehyun that he nodded and said:

- Arrow's birthday is always an adventure. Gaeul loves it and I think even us adults.

Hyukjae and Donghae laughed.

- I think that's the interesting part of having kids.

- I have to agree with you. – and so Daehyun held Gaeul's hand – Shall we? Your father is in the car.

- But I don't want to go to grandma's house today. I want to watch movie. – the little one whimpered and his appa shook his head.

- Say goodbye to everyone so we can go. We already bought her gift.

Gaeul, extremely upset, waved at Arrow and his parents and then continued to be almost dragged by his appa who waved at the others. At that moment Arrow felt the need to put his plan into practice, so he pulled Hyukjae's pant leg and asked:

- Can we have a hamburger, appa?

Hyukjae arched an eyebrow.

- Do you want to eat hamburger now? Why?

- Because it's been so long since we eat hamburgers at the mall.

Hyukjae then looked at Donghae who sighed and said smiling:

- I don't think there's a problem. I just need to go to the bathroom, but I'll meet you at the food court.

Hyukjae and an extremely happy Arrow nodded and went to the food court while Donghae went to the bathroom. And seeing how his son was unable to hide his agitation, Hyukjae asked:

- Why do you seem so excited to eat a hamburger from the mall? Aren't my hamburgers good?

Then Arrow looked at Hyukjae and said:

- It's just that my dad is a little sad and I wanted him to be happy. We'll go to aunt Namazzi's house tomorrow and she'll ask why daddy is sad.

- And may I know why dad is sad or is it a secret?

At that point, they arrived at the food court and sat at the table. Arrow motioned with his chubby finger for Hyukjae to approach and whispered into his appa's ear:

- Kangin left and now daddy doesn't have a boyfriend anymore.

Hearing that made Hyukjae's eyes widen so that it almost hurt. He didn't know that Kangin and Donghae weren't together. He would never have imagined the relationship ended. Not that Hyukjae was the biggest gossip, but he would have liked to know that to at least know how to act.

- Oh... So let's buy a delicious hamburger so your daddy won't be sad.

Arrow nodded and shook his little legs. He felt like he needed something else, but he wanted Aisha's help because she always chattered too much and talked about plans and more plans she made when she wanted to give her parents a gift for their wedding anniversary.

And when he returned, Donghae noticed that Hyukjae was looking at him curiously. It was weird, but the brown-haired man decided not to ask anything at all. He was hungry too, so he just sat down and said:

- Have you decided where we're going to eat?

And Hyukjae and Arrow said in unison:

- Burger King!

Donghae chuckled. It was really like seeing Hyukjae and his miniature sitting there side by side. This ended up bringing a pleasant feeling to his heart as well.

And so they went to order lunch. As always, Arrow wanted the biggest snack. He never worried about the toys that were in the children's lunch and his parents weren't even shocked anymore. And after they got the hamburgers and two juices plus a soda, they sat down again and Arrow clapped his hands as Donghae cut his hamburger into four pieces.

- Try not to get too dirty, please. Last time it was hard to get the mustard off your shirt.

- Why don't you do that? – Hyukjae took the napkin and put it on Arrow's shirt – But still, don't make too much of a mess.

- Fine. – he smiled and took one of the pieces of hamburger – What are we going to do after?

- Go home.

- Why?

- Because your appa needs to go to work while I need to bake cookies for Namazzi.

- Oh, yes! Tomorrow I will play a lot with Aisha.

The parents smiled and while Arrow was in his little world enjoying the hamburger, Hyukjae commented:

- Tomorrow we can't meet. Leeteuk hurt his finger and it was pretty bad, so I have to go to the restaurant.

- And is he alright?

-Yes, but he won't be able to cook for a week or two.

- Then we have to go to uncle Teuk and uncle Chullie's house to see uncle Teuk. – Arrow said and looked at Hyukjae – When will grandma Teresa come back?

- I still don't know, but she said she'll be here for your birthday.

Arrow smiled and once again continued eating his hamburger while his parents talked. After they finished, they left there and by that time the little one was already dozing and Hyukjae took him to the car while Donghae took the bags. He was tired, but the day was really good.

- Alright, Donghae? – Hyukjae asked as soon as they got in the car – You look tired.

- I am, but I'll be fine. I have the cookies to bake and then I'm going to rest on my couch. – they chuckled – Probably Arrow will eat the leftovers from lunch for dinner. When he takes a nap like that, I already know he's going to wake up hungry.

Hyukjae laughed.

- This after eating a whole hamburger. – and then he laughed with Donghae – Ah... I'll talk to the guy from the printer so he can make the birthday invitations. I have to know if I can order the usual amount.

- Add Aisha's, but you don't need to do Kangin's.

Hyukjae realized that this was the moment.

- Has he traveled again?

-Yes, but this time he will stay longer.

- I see... Well, next year he might get an invite.

- If he comes back, I think so. – Donghae bit his bottom lip and then said – I... Well... Kangin and I are not together, so I don't know how these things will work.

- Oh... I'm sorry to hear that.

- Alright. I think it was for the best, because Kangin went to live in Thailand and I couldn't go with him and take Arrow away.

- Wow... Thailand is too far away. – Hyukjae cleared his throat – Well then I'll ask the guy to make the invitations. Can you send the photo you chose, please?

Donghae nodded and took out his cell phone to send a photo of a drawing Arrow made. Hyukjae heard his phone and so they talked until they reached the brown-haired man's house. And after getting the bags, while Donghae carried Arrow, they entered the house and the brown-haired man took the boy to his room. After that, he came back to the living room and said:

- Thanks for bringing us. It would be hard if you had to go running to Scarecrow.

- Heechul can handle the start of the service now. But he soon starts calling.

Donghae chuckled softly.

- The service at Scarecrow on Saturdays is always the heaviest, so I understand if you have to go now.

Hyukjae wanted to stay and Donghae wanted him to stay, but...

- Well, I'll call you later. See you.

- See you.

Donghae opened the door and waved at Hyukjae who waved and whispered to himself as he walked to his car:

- Don't miss the opportunity, Hyukjae.

And Donghae, who entered the house and closed the door, sighed and said:

- Don't miss the opportunity, Donghae.

And everything would go according to plan.

...---...
The next day...

Donghae would never understand how Arrow managed to have so much energy to bounce and talk more than mouth. It was obviously cute, but where did such enthusiasm come from? What part of his little body was there that energy for him to jump in and make plans that only 50% would happen?

Donghae asked himself if he was like that in childhood.

Then, as they walked to the house, Donghae began to wonder if he and Arrow were properly dressed. It was one of the most expensive neighborhoods to live in Seoul, and although he knew that Namazzi and Jeongho were a wealthy couple, Donghae expected them to live in a large apartment. A mansion was wow.

Anyway, when he approached the door and held Arrow's hand while holding a beautiful bag with the box of cookies, Donghae rang the doorbell and waited. Soon a maid greeted them with a friendly smile and let them in. Arrow didn't even have to wait long to see Aisha running out of the living room as if they'd been apart for a century. Donghae smiled and then chuckled softly.

It was cute to see the two of them together.

- Aisha! – Jeongho, a tall, dark-haired man came out of the living room, called his daughter and then smiled when he saw Donghae who waved shyly – We haven't seen each other in years! How are you? And this is the famous Arrow?

Arrow smiled and bowed politely. Donghae, happy that his son was very polite, smiled and said:

- It's been a long time since we last saw each other. I'm fine, how about you?

- I am also fine. Namazzi is just getting ready to go down and see you. Let's go to the living room so you can get some rest.

Donghae nodded and didn't even stop Arrow from running, as Aisha pulled him along so they could go to the living room. And as soon as he sat down, the brown-haired man was startled when another maid approached with glasses of juice so that everyone could help themselves. Arrow and Aisha were there chatting away as usual and Jeongho said:

- It's a shame it's autumn, because we have a pool and Aisha loves to swim. Does Arrow know how to swim?

- Yes. As Hyukjae and I live separately, Arrow spends the weekends at the appa's house. So they go fishing and also swimming at Mikyong's beach house.

- That is great. Do you mind if I ask how he is?

- Oh, no. No way. – he smiled – Hyukjae and I went out with Arrow yesterday to buy his outfit for the costume party. And Hyukjae was pretty good yesterday.

- I am happy. I don't want to be impolite, as Namazzi told me you're not together and I was wondering if it would be nice to ask about Hyukjae.

Donghae chuckled.

- Our relationship is very good now. – and so he saw Namazzi entering the living room while smiling. She looked very pretty in a black dress, a comfortable pair of sneakers and her hair had changed into locks. Donghae really found Namazzi very beautiful and got up to hug her because she liked to say hello to him like that – You look really good.

Namazzi laughed.

- Thanks. You and Arrow too. – and with that she waved at Arrow who stood up and approached to hug her – Are you having fun with Aisha?

- Yes, aunt Namazzi. Ah! And daddy brought you a gift.

Donghae remembered the box next to him and said after handing it to Namazzi:

- In fact, we brought you two gifts: the cookies and a card which is a welcome gift for the family. It's pretty simple, but Arrow and I thought you might like it.

The parents and daughter smiled and thanked them for the gifts. It was a simple card that could be framed, but they were very happy with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter