Between Me And You

Betting On You

STANDING FACING EACH OTHER (Between Me And You)

==Prologue for Betting On You==

By ShinRuby

One Shot

 

Finally, Woohyun has thought that today will come, in the end. When that night he decided to confess his feelings for Sunggyu, he also had decided to prepare for the worst thing though. When the night was also Sunggyu chose to kiss his lips for so long, as if he said  "Welcome, and Goodbye " to the feelings of them both. Woohyun has been preparing for this day as well. It is not easy indeed, but he had to.

At the time when Sunggyu's slowly hugged him, Woohyun lets himself to be runed by this kind of feeling he has for Sunggy. It was in fact that they could not be unified. Despite all their togetherness wrapped neatly in every occasion, Woohyun knows, he will only be part of Sunggyu's memories. Either a memory like what Sunggyu would have saved later, but Woohyun believes that Sunggyu will keep him in his heart forever.

Sunggyu as well as Woohyun, must live a normal life. Getting Married and have children someday.

Because even with fellow men even fellow Members, dating ordinary women as well as fellow idols, will be very dangerous for the continuity of their group—and Woohyun knows, Sunggyu is not a selfish person who will be sacrificing others for his wishes. Although Woohyun wished so, but he was convinced, Sunggyu would prefer to sacrifice his feelings.

That night, when the two of them get stuck in a heavy chat about falling in love, Woohyun was pretty sure, that his Sunggyu also wants to blow up his feelings. Then take a stop at Woohyun's hug as usual, as if nothing happened. In fact, that night Sunggyu just kissed him so tender and perfect then let himself cry overnight afterwards. Nor does Woohyun ever hear Sunggyu say about his feelings. Although he later felt Sunggyu was different before that night. Like Sunggyu who willingly volunteered to accompany him to the studio in a snowstorm — usually Sunggyu would give a bunch of reasons to be in their room and doing nothing all day. Or at night he finds Sunggyu secretly edged out of his bed and hug a lonely Woohyun.

Sunggyu was designed to be his partner when he was on stage. It seemed familiar, and became a necessity when Sunggyu was absent from the group activities. Woohyun will lose his rays if Sunggyu does not exist.

After that night, Woohyun more often finds Sunggyu lingering in the bathroom. For some reason, he found out that Sunggyu was crying that time.

He wants to bury his face ini Sunggyu's arms, sometimes. But he knows, other members will start to suspect if they are as close as it is. Because, indeed nobody knows except them both and cans of empty beer in that snowy night. He knows, Sunggyu certainly understands, that they should refrain from smiling to each other for no reason. Sunggyu also has to refrain from sticking Woohyun more often.

But then again Woohyun realized, all those flowers would not be able to keep it longer. Not because it does not want, but it is very forbidden. For this reason, he is here now, with Sunggyu. Still in the same place, but in an atmosphere that feels very different.

Sunggyu still looks very dashing with his dark coat. He wraps his neck with a thick grey-coloured scarf gift from Woohyun as they toured in Japan long time ago. His eye gaze is still the same as usual, but Woohyun can read the anxiety and shade at the same time.

Exactly a year ago, they promised to love and keep each other secret here.

Woohyun looked up his coat and stared at Sunggyu which seemed to know the reason he was inviting the young man to the roof of their dorm.

 "Are you okay, Woohyunie?"

Sunggyu opens his voice. He was approaching then fixing the scarf that Woohyun worn that night. Woohyun was just silent, and let himself feel the warm breath of Sunggyu that he would probably miss later. Maybe after this the Sunggyu will move the room, he thought. That’s pathetic.

For a moment of silence, until Woohyun decides to grab Sunggyu's face and gently wipe his cheek.

 "These days is really tough, right? Sungjong seems to have begun asking something weird about us recently." Woohyun smiled. Sunggyu was a little shock while capturing Woohyun's eyes teary.

Ah This young man has even broken his defences before starting.

 "You make everything easier, thanks a lot. For Sungjong, I think I can handle it.. "

 "Even after one year, I still feel there is a butterfly in my stomach. They are very annoying tho.." Woohyun's whisper while behaving his body on the guardrail.

Sunggyu followed him and rested his head on Woohyun's shoulder. His fingers were slowly gripping Woohyun's fingers that wrapped in thick gloves.

"Why meet outside? You can get sick. The weather is very bad."

 "That day was also very bad weather. I guess I like the bad weather."

Sunggyu was softly giggled and followed by Woohyun.

 "So, what kind of berak up do you think that suits us?"

That sentence pierced Woohyun's chest. Make the young man increasingly struggle to holding his tears.

Sunggyu already know, that Woohyun is fighting hard against his current selfishly. He remembers the right when the day Sunggyu asked him to talk slowly about how to stop this relationship without injuring each other. How to keep them together without killing each other's dreams. That day, Woohyun cried for an overnight. And finally kicked Sunggyu out of their room with no mercy. Make Sunggyu unwilling to sleep with the manager and reasoned being quarrel with Woohyun for scrambling the inside of the song.

Sunggyu grasped Woohyun's hands gently, despite the painful grip of the dongsaeng.

"Give me the most beautiful breaking moment among all the heartbreaks in this world."

Sunggyu establishes his body.

"What is it like? Do you smile each other when saying goodbye? We can still meet every day, after all.  "

Sunggyu could see a disappointment from the stare of Woohyun's eyes at the time

"It seems like I'm the one one who fall in love."

 "Who says?"

 "You, it looks like, doesn't matter if we have to end this relationship."

 "Do I look like that?"

 "From the start since you asked me to think to end this relationship. I began to weigh if I should also hate you in advance."

Sunggyu holds his breath for a moment, then slowly speaks.  "This is different from your thoughts, Namu.. "

Ah, that warm feeling came again. Every time Sunggyu calls his short name, he feels to be in a different place in Sunggyu's heart.

 "One year, I feel happiest. But I had to end it. And I wish you feared my loss." Woohyun's sentence paused when he found Sunggyu staring sharply at him.  "It looks like, I'm just being very fond of this feeling. What if we have to sacrifice for our future. All of us. I'm just a very glad that I knew you love me also. I just—  "

Sunggyu did not let Woohyun man raving longer. He pulls Woohyun closer and silenced his lips with a gentle kiss just like one year ago. When he decides to try to trace his feelings.

Sunggyu lets Woohyun hang his hand around his neck. After all, he would have missed these moments. When they mengendap2 out the room and chatting overnight on the roof accompanied by a few cans of beer. It tells the lyrics of Woohyun's short song, and ends with Sunggyu's warm destation until the morning.

It’s totally a lie if Sunggyu doesn’t hurt by this decision. But he had to look rigid because however, there were five more people who relied on their dreams to him. And he could not have destroyed them at once.

Sunggyu can feel Woohyun's tears touching his face. Until Sunggyu decides to remove his kiss, Woohyun still looks at the trouble of wiping his tears. Make the young man smile to look at how Woohyun looks like a innocent little boy before him.

 "Don’t cry.." Sunggyu rubbed Woohyun's tears slowly.

 "It ."

 "You promise to be separated with a smile. I'm not going anywhere. I will be with you, always. Even when you find a new love, it will help you to get it. "

Woohyun smiled thin before finally rubbing Sunggyu's face slowly.

 "And also to you.. "

Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu's hand. "This hurts, Hyung. I can see you every day, but I have pretended to not have any feelings for you. I can go crazy."

"Let's promise, we will live well. Let's support each other. Let's try to fulfill our dreams.  "

Woohyun nodded along with a forced smile.

"I'm going to go first. You're free to sleep anywhere, I won't lock the door if you want to sleep in our room. You have to promise, you will not change. All this for our group. I accept this because this is the best for our group.  "

Sunggyu smiling, restrained. His eyes stare at the slowly backward Woohyun with a painful smile for Sunggyu.

Is this the end of the word? When he thinks that all will be fine even up to many years ahead, it turns out everything is not that easy. There will always be turmoil between the two who are making the other members suspicious and end up ruin everything.

Ah, Sunggyu wants to cry. But Woohyun is still staring at him.

Until the time when Woohyun turned his body and walked towards the door, Sunggyu could not hold himself to run and embrace Woohyun from behind. He lets his tears flow just like that, no matter if Woohyun will hear his cry. He just wants to keep that night's memory deep in his heart.

 "My God, I love you. I hate this, I love you very much Woohyun. I can’t handle this what should I do?"

Woohyun is silent and unmoved. He let the broken Sunggyu cry on his back and the snow of the night embrace them. He knows, Sunggyu only is holding his grief. Even what he was releasing tonight was nothing.

Sunggyu can hear Woohyun's breath at the time. He just needs to hug him as long as possible, until Woohyun himself who chooses to remove it.

Woohyun already know, Sunggyu loves him very much. Even before that night, one year ago.

The night was silent, there were only Sunggyu and Woohyun who dwelt in the storm of snow, as well as Sungjong who cried for them from afar.

.......

Cause I belooooooooong to you

And I wish you belooooooong to me

WELL I'm gonna make every story will be using INFINITE'S (Include solo and group stage) as the tittle.