Secretly in love

Love Struck

I was here and you were there, standing in the line that we call best friend, trying hard to balancing our body, mind, and heart to stay in line. It was easy at first, when the line you’re standing on is clearly stating that you’re my friend and I’m yours. But after a while, the line I’m standing on is slowly disappear and revealed what’s underneath it. Love.

Could a man and a woman purely be friend without having to love one another? Of course you can, but this is not the case for me. I fall in love with my own best friend. But I never know how she feels towards me. Is it love, or is it something else.

I never had the gut to ask her to be mine while in reality I’m dying to do so. Maybe I’m just afraid. Afraid of rejection. Afraid of the reality that might hit me that she never see me the way I always see her. Afraid that it will break whatever connection that we have right now. Afraid that I will lose her.

I can still remember the first time I met her during my first year here. She was with her friends, and I was all alone, standing awkwardly outside the class doing nothing. Then she approached me. The first person who talk to me and accepting me here. I will never forget that welcoming smile of her when she first greeted me and asked me to be her friend.

Unconsciously, I fell in love.

Maybe it’s better this way. Being her best friend is more than enough for me. As long as I can see her happy, that will make me happy.

 “Kyu!”

I turn my back and there she is, the orbit of my universe, the best friend that I secretly love, Im Yoona. “Yoong! You look so happy. What is it? Tell me!”

She smiles the brightest smile I’ve never seen before and said, “I’m in love and I just realize it.”

My whole world turned upside down when I hear her words until I can’t even hide my expression in front of her. “U-uhm, t-that’s g-good. W-who’s the lucky man?” I said to her, stuttered.

She smiles even brighter than before and said the 8 words I never thought I would listen coming out of , “He is standing right in front of me”.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N/A: Hi! I'm bored at work so decided to just wrote a drabble of kyuna.Not really good, I know. But at least I've tried? :p

(can I consider this as an early bday present for yoong?) (oh yes I can)