Final.

We Fell in Love in December
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes <3

 

 

 

 

On the first of December, Baekhyun made Sehun grab the decorations from the attic as soon as the sun rose. Baekhyun almost never woke up before ten unless he absolutely had to, but the first of December was a special day. They always put up decorations on the first day of the month. It had become a tradition of theirs ever since Sehun blurted out that he loved Baekhyun out of nowhere while they were decorating Baekhyun’s tree. The latter was so surprised he dropped one of his favorite glass ornaments onto the hardwood floor. He was so happy about his boyfriend’s sudden confession he completely disregarded the broken shards of glass beneath his feet as he jumped into Sehun’s arms. He said it back of course while Sehun carefully picked the pieces of glass from his feet with a pair of very sharp tweezers. 

Every year on this day Sehun would climb up the old wooden ladder to get up to the attic where there were boxes and boxes of ornaments and lights and tinsel. Baekhyun helped out by waiting at the bottom of the ladder, making sure his boyfriend never fell or hurt himself. Baekhyun had hurt himself one year as he was climbing down holding a heavy box full of string lights. After that Sehun never let him climb the ladder again, too worried about his boyfriend injuring himself again. 

They always started with the tree. Every single year they’ve been together Baekhyun insisted they go to the tree lot to get a real one. Sehun never understood it, the hassle of lugging the huge thing onto the roof of your car, dragging it into the house, and having the needles shed everywhere. He did it every year anyway for Baekhyun, just to see his bright smile when they finally got the tree up in the middle of the living room. 




 

 

 

 

On the twentieth of December, they were stuck at the grocery store for nearly the entire afternoon.  Not because it was busy with all the hysteria of the holidays, although stores were always impossibly packed during this time of the year. It because Baekhyun was an absolute child who got distracted by everything he saw from the sale on instant coffee- nevermind the fact that he doesn’t even like coffee- to the new display canned tomato soup. 

Sehun had to remind his easily bemused boyfriend that their friends were going to be at their house in less than an hour and they had to check out now if they wanted to get back in time. Jongdae was not going to be happy if he had to wait outside in the snow again like the last time. 

Baekhyun only agreed to go if Sehun pushed him around on the cart. Sehun didn’t know why he even had to that as leverage since he basically had to push him every single time they went grocery shopping. Baekhyun would step onto the bottom rack, hands holding tight onto the handle, making his boyfriend push him on the cart from behind. Sehun always stood as close as possible, his chest flush to Baekhyun’s back and his hands resting on the other’s hands securely, making sure he wouldn’t fall off. Sometimes he even rested his chin on his shoulder; Baekhyun loved it the best when he did this.



 

 

 

 

 

On the twenty third, the ground is icy and the streets are so white with snow there isn’t a single speck of green peeking out from the lawns. Baekhyun held out his arms, waiting for Sehun to put on his coat for him like a child waiting for his mother to dress him. Sehun loved doing this. Baekhyun looked so small in his big puffy coat that he couldn’t help but to give him a quick peck on the nose as he did his buttons up for him. Baekhyun waited patiently with the most adorable grin as his boyfriend wrapped the long knit scarf around his neck. 

Aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter