Rats

Fifty Shades of Pink Season 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life in Shaw resumes its normalcy, if being a hybrid-human-super-Erika crossbreed can ever be considered normal. Secretary Seo is still taking measurements of my vitals, producing complicated charts and analysing various aspects of my being. Ms Pink is still having her way with me every single time she feels like doing so—which I don’t mind at all. And my work is going well.

Something new I’ve been doing at work is designing prints. Ms Pink started a new line of clothing targeted at youths and I’m in charge of coming up with ridiculous designs to print on the tops. One of the designs I’m most proud of features a monkey’s that also looks like a head. Just like a butthead.

But normalcy aside, there is a tiny corner of dread in my mind. It gnaws at the borders, expanding its territory every other moment.

The other Erika.

Ms Pink is being her usual mysterious self. She has become less mysterious ever since I officially joined her ‘rank of existence’ but her thoughts and ways are still shrouded. Maybe it’s just who she is. And I know why. But it still doesn’t help things. I still don’t know what she meant about becoming friends with the other Erika. Is the other Erika a human like I was? Or a super? Or another kind of being that I don’t know of yet? Is the other Erika trying to take over the world? What’s their motive? What’s their intention?

Purposeful footsteps enter the office. I’m aware of them, but too deep in my thoughts to react.

“Ms Kim Taeyeon.”

“Y-Yes?” I respond in shock, head snapping up fast. “M-Ms Pink!”

“See me in my office. Now.”

“Yes, Ms Pink. Right now, Ms Pink.”

Curious eyes follow me as I walk out the department’s doors in a hurry. What would the boss of all bosses want with me right at this moment? And the most important question of all—why is Ms Pink coming all the way to this department instead of instructing another to do it?

“What is this about, Ms Pink?” I ask the moment the door closes behind us.

“Come to me.”

Arms pull me in when I get within reach. I am smothered by the curls and neck of Ms Pink. Good thing I don’t actually need to breathe anymore. But my phantom breath grows heavier the longer this hug continues. What is going on?

“Is something wrong?” I ask tentatively.

“No.”

“Okay. So you’re just hugging me for no other reason?”

“Our relationship extends this privilege to us. No reason is required.”

I can’t say I disagree, so the hug continues for a few more minutes until Ms Pink has had her fill of hugs.

“Should I go back to my desk now?” I ask, wondering if Ms Pink needs me for anything else.

“No. Sit down.”

“So you do have a reason for bringing me here.”

“Yes, I do.”

“So the long hug has nothing to do with anything.”

“As I have clarified earlier. Is your inferior humanity getting the better of you?”

“Humanity is not inferior. And supernaturalism is overrated,” I add, annoyed by Ms Pink’s insult.

Ms Pink snorts—totally uncharacteristic of her—and I stare. “You will have to embrace your superior side, Taeyeon. You are superior now. In fact, some might say you are beyond superior.”

“Sometimes I can’t help thinking you’re letting me stand by your side because I’m the Erika.”

“You are correct.”

“It shouldn’t be.”

“Your abilities allow you to stand with me as an equal.”

“I know that. But it shouldn’t—it shouldn’t be the reason why you’re tolerating me this way.”

“I am not tolerating you.

“You are, sometimes.”

“I am not in the habit of tolerating anything or anyone.”

“You’re tolerating m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter