Pre-Valentine Story

A Pre-Valentine Story

Kibum loved to write stories with his free time or when he is bored.  It usually happened during class because he was smart enough not to listen to the teacher's lecture and his teachers would think he was busy writing down notes.


He especially liked to write stories with himself as the main character ending up with a character who resembles a lot and has the same name with his crush.  He has a lot of crushes.  The popular girls who are pretty and y and the not so popular ones who he still found himself being attracted to.  He had written a lot of stories with himself being paired with his different crushes.


Then Henry was introduced to his class one day.  He was a foreigner who had cute looks that made everybody just want to pinch his cheeks or squeeze him.  Probably all the girls carried a crush on him at some point unless they simply want  treat him as a cute brother.  Guys would usually like to treat him as their cute brother but even some guys would go as far as flirting with him.


Of course, Kibum got a crush on him too and he was pretty sure he wasn't the only guy who has a crush on Henry but just like the rest of his crushes, Kibum wouldn't approach him and wouldn't talk to him because that would simply be awkward as he was not a social person to begin with.


Kibum was pretty much a loner.  People thought of him as a nerd because they thought he liked to study too much.  What they did not know was that Kibum actually spend a lot of time day dreaming while staring at his textbook and writing stories instead of writing notes.  The first time he tried to talk with his female crush, the girl simply told him directly that she doesn't want to talk to him.  After that incident, Kibum never tried to approach any of his crushes again.


Kibum didn't really think he's gay since all of his crushes were girls until Henry came.  For the first time, he found himself writing a gay story between himself and Henry.  He found it weird and nerve-wrecking especially with the romantic scenes, kissing scenes and scenes (because let's face it, Kibum was a teenager so of course, he fantasizes doing those things with his crush) since he wasn't an expert with gay stuff.


So Kibum felt like dying when he lost his latest story notebook one day.  He started to regret writing his own name as the main character.  He should have used another name.  He started thinking that the stories in his notebook might end up in the school magazine or maybe photocopies of it would be distributed to the students in school and whatever other ideas his mind came up with that would caused for everybody to know about his stories.


Thankfully, none of his bad thoughts came true but Kibum still felt like dying anyway when Henry returned his notebook.  "We have the same notebooks so I thought it was mine and took it.  Sorry about that."  Henry was blushing.


The blush said it all.  "You read it, didn't you?"  Kibum asked as he accepted the notebook.  He expected for Henry to deny it or make some sort of excuse to leave quickly.


But Henry admitted to it.  "They were all nice and interesting especially the last one but it's unfinished."  The last one was the first gay story Kibum wrote with himself and Henry.


Kibum was surprised at this.  "You... don't you find it disgusting?"


"The thought of my character being gay disgusted me at first but since I've read the others stories and knew that you write so well, I decided to continue reading it despite knowing it'll be a gay story.  Indeed, you didn't disappoint me with the story being so interesting and intriguing.  The only thing I want to complain about is that it's unfinished."  Henry was still blushing but he was less awkward with talking to Kibum now.


"So you're saying... you want me to continue and finish this story about us?"  Kibum asked, flabbergasted.


"I want our characters to end up together.  I want a happy ending.  Don't disappoint me."  Henry sounded like a kid who was begging the storyteller to tell him the ending fast and expecting it to be a fairytale-like happy ending.


"Why don't you make the ending instead?"  Kibum handed his notebook back to Henry.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


When Henry approached Kibum again, Kibum thought that Henry would return to the notebook with or without writing an ending.  "I'm not returning the notebook yet if that's what you're thinking."


Kibum couldn't help but think that Henry was full of unexpected surprises.  "Oh.  So....?"
 

"So I want to ask if you're free to hang out with me this weekend?"  Henry asked cutely by tilting his head slightly to the side.  "I want to get to know you better before I start writing.  I don't want your character to be suddenly act out of character because of my lack of skills."


"Yeah, sure."  Kibum didn't expect for Henry to go this far and to be this serious for the sake of writing an ending for a story.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


"People thought that being in the rain is romantic but in reality, it's cold and you'll probably sneeze before you end up kissing the person, so I'm going to crush that idea out for the ending."  Henry had a list of ideas that he wrote down on the paper for the ending of the story.  He was trying to come out for a romantic happy ending, but now that his brain started analyzing properly, he realized some romantic ideas are just stupid.


Kibum and Henry were currently in an ice cream shop.  They were eating ice cream while it was raining outside.  Kibum found out that Henry has more of a weird side than just his cute side.  He also found out the Henry liked to take off his shoes, wear a pair of mismatched socks and wiggle his toes as he concentrated.  "Have you done your assignments?"  Kibum asked out of the blue.


"No."  Henry blushed.  "It's your fault for making me write an ending to the story.  It kept me busy."


Kibum laughed at Henry's cute way of blaming him.  "I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have done your homework even if I didn't ask you to write an ending for the story.  I'm very amused at how you're taking this more seriously than your homework."


When they finished their ice cream, they moved to a cake shop.  That's how they spent the rest of the day together moving from one shop or cafe to another, brainstorming for ideas which later would lead them into talking about their own personal experiences.  Eventually, the story was forgotten and they simply continued to talk about random stuff and trying to get to know more of each other.
 

They both found out that the person in reality is much different from the fiction character in the story.
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


"Do you still have a crush on her?"  Henry asked when he noticed that Kibum was staring at a girl.  He instantly recognized the girl with her name being one of Kibum's leading ladies in his fictional stories.


"Yeah but my number one crush is right beside me."  Kibum turned his head to right exactly where Henry was.
 

Henry blushed and walked away, bumping a chair in the process.
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

Henry stared at Kibum for any facial expression or reaction as Kibum read the ending that Henry had written for the story.  
 

Kibum closed the notebook after reading and let out a contented smile.  "It was a great way to end the story."
 

"Really?"  Henry felt very happy that Kibum liked the ending.  He did after all put a lot of effort in it.  "Since I did well, you should totally do something for me like treating me out or giving me a gift."
 

"Okay."  Kibum agreed.  "Did you have something in mind that you really want? Just nothing impossible or expensive."
 

"Yes, I want something that involves your pair of lips."  Henry said blatantly.  He didn't care if Kibum would be unwilling to give it to him because he was going to take what he wanted.  He pressed his body up against Kibum and captured Kibum's lips.


Kibum never once thought the one of his crushes might notice him.  That one of them might end up in a relationship with him.  That one of them might kiss him like what Henry was doing to him right now.  Henry was beyond his expectation and imagination so he kissed Henry back with burning passion.


"It's Valentines tomorrow."  Henry spoke with his lips still touching against Kibum's.  "I want you to be more romantic than your character in the story."


"I didn't think my character in the story was the romantic type to begin with."


"That's because you made my character to be the romantic type instead, but we both know that you're the romantic one in reality."


"Puh-leez... I never did anything romantic in my entire life."  Kibum argued playfully.


"I know and that's because you're too shy that you couldn't even show off your romantic side, but you're going to do it to me tomorrow, so let me go home and pretend that I didn't know you love me then I'll act shocked and surprised when you confess to me tomorrow."  Henry pulled himself away from Kibum and turned to walk away.


"You're such a dork."  Kibum commented as he watched Henry bounce rather than walk away.


"Hey, I heard that!!!"


"I love you!"


"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that."  Henry turned out and stuck his tongue out at Kibum before running away.


Kibum simply laughed at Henry's childish antics.  He watched until the younger boy was out of his sight before trying to come up with a romantic idea for tomorrow's event though.  After all, he had an important love confession to make even though they both knew about each other's feelings already.

 

THE END

 

A/N:  This fic is requested by jongkeylover4ever.  One of the very hyperactive and enthusiastic people I've met here in aff ^^.  Hmmm... it's been a while since I've heard from that kid. I am so gonna drag here her. XD

 

So there's a small similarity with my other fic The Lost "Adult-rated" Sketchbook since both fics involved with a missing notebook/sketchbook with their crush finding it but besides that, both fics are completely different.  Besides, my inspiration for this fic is basically the old fic XD 

 

Also, I didn't want to write a typical Valentine fic soooo I made a pre-Valentine fic!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! The events on this fic happened before Valentine's day with the last scene happening a day before Valentine's day. ^^

 

Hope you liked this. Happy Valentine's Day! Comments please? Since I don't have a date or a boyfriend, comments would really make me happy XD