Back To You

Apple - One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Back To You

Genre: Romance, Angst

Pairing: Eunhae, KyuHae, WonKyu

Main Characters: Donghae, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun

Sad, Donghae centric

 

~BACK TO YOU~

Matching smiles, matching clothes, matching love, matching rings – Donghae didn’t like any of it. Not on the couple he couldn’t take his eyes off from. He watched the two talk and laugh and talk some more and laugh some more. The woman – pretty and pale. Her hair – dark and straight. Her smile – beautiful and radiant. He didn’t like it at all. Moreover, he didn’t like her finger curling around the arm of the man dressed in a sleek black suit.

 

Donghae knew that the man was handsome, like someone out of a fairytale. His hair was black, parted at the side and some fell on his forehead like a comma. Two buttons of the white shirt were undone to reveal white skin. The red rose on the pocket added a whole lot more to the prince look

 

Lee Hyukjae - the man he loved.

 

They met back in high school and became friends at the first meeting. The inseparable duo was popular among kids. Both were great dancers. Together they had seen dreams of becoming dancers or idols. They studied together, Hyukjae more than Donghae. They played together. They ate together. Their high school life consisted of each other.

 

But when you’re in high school, you are a teenager – someone high on hormones. There was a temptation of girls and since both were popular, they got their fair share. Donghae never had a long stable relationship. They lasted for a month or two at max. Hyukjae had a couple of girlfriends. One of them was very lucky. She was now standing with Hyukjae as the two talked to the guests at the party.

 

When Hyukjae had broken up with his second girlfriend, and Donghae with ninth or tenth, they went for a break-up party. They drank to celebrate becoming single men again. Hyukjae wasn’t very happy to lose his girlfriend while Donghae was elated that the two did.

 

Donghae still doesn’t remember what happened that night. They woke up in the morning on his bed, and decorated with hickeys. Donghae remembered that his back hurt.

 

That’s how it started. Apparently Hyukjae remembered and offered Donghae for a deal. He agreed to it for experimental purposes. They were making out with each other in secrecy. Soon they started doing more and ended up sleeping together. After that one forgotten night, Hyukjae let Donghae control him, make him lose his mind in the bed and Donghae enjoyed the control he had on his friend, but not as much as he wanted.

 

They were no longer best friends. They were friends with benefits.

 

Their strange relationship ended with graduation. They went to different colleges and could hardly meet each other again.

 

Donghae met Kyuhyun and the two started dating. However, due to Donghae’s feelings for Hyukjae, he broke up with his boyfriend. He went to Hyukjae to tell him that he loved him.

 

But Hyukjae had met his ex from high school once again and the two were dating. Hyukjae was happy to have her.

 

Donghae’s heart was broken. He found comfort in Kyuhyun’s arms and the two started dating again. But he made it clear that he loved Hyukjae only.

 

He maintained contact with Hyukjae. He wanted to know when Hyukjae would break up with his girlfriend so that he could jump right in.

 

The opportunity never came. Instead, Hyukjae proposed to her after finishing college.

 

It had been five years since he last felt close with Hyukjae when they slept together before Donghae left for college.

 

He wondered what could have happened if he had confessed to Hyukjae during those times. Would they have started dating? Would they have stayed together? Would it be him in place of her?

 

There were so many regrets.

 

One-sided love hurts like a .

 

Donghae doesn’t know how long he can live with it. He’s tried forgetting about his love for that man. It only brought heartbreak to him. Still, his heart won’t listen. It’d be great if one could fall in love voluntarily. But who’d even fall in love with him even if fell for someone else? He had given up on the idea of love.

 

For him, love was not a feeling of happiness. It was only sadness. So much sadness that he could die of it several times.

 

He had cried rivers. He had beaten himself up for not moving on.

 

“Hey Donghae,” the soft yet husky sound called his name. Without even looking, Donghae knew who he was.

 

Donghae smiled at him. “Hey, Hyukjae. Hey Joohyun.”

 

Hyukjae’s fiancé gave him a fake smile. She knew about what had happened between Hyukjae and Donghae. They studied in the same school. Moreover, Hyukjae, the loyal and honest man had told her. After hearing it, she was wary of Donghae. Whenever Donghae was around, she let him know that Hyukjae was hers.

 

I know. He thought. Hyukjae has said so himself so you don’t need to worry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter