For You

GOT7 6th Anniversary Fanfic Fest!

By: ZelYTStarling

Parings: Mark x Jinyoung

Warnings: Few curse words, slight ual references 

Summary:

As the future head of the pack, Mark is expected to have proper alpha behavior but what happens when said heir is head over heels Jinyoung, another alpha? 

 


 

The alpha knew he was letting off sour pheromones and that the others surrounding him could sense it very clearly as frowns were starting to be evident on their faces. Heads were turned towards him in both confusion and worry but all he could focus on was the hand clinging onto Jinyoung’s fingers while letting out whines that only made Mark’s fists clenched tighter. 

 

“Mark? You okay?” Jackson asked,eyebrows furrowed while putting one hand on the older’s left shoulder,trying to snap him out of whatever trance he was currently trapped in. To his surprise,he was shoved off not so gently that he flinched back in shock.

 

“Tell my dad I’m not joining today’s hunting. I’m not feeling well.” Mark murmured angrily,stomping away from the already assembled group of alphas. Casting one last secretive glance at Jinyoung,he let out a hidden growl as he saw how the omega was now closer to the other alpha than before. 

 

As Mark walked off with his head hanging low,his mind was so clouded by the thoughts off ripping the omega off that he never sensed a pair of eyes looking at the back of his figure sadly and longingly. 

 

“Yi En,you’re not joining them in hunting today?” Mark’s mother wondered after sniffing out his sour scent through the door. “You were so excited earlier though. What happened?” 

 

“Nothing.” the young alpha pouted,deciding to sit on the fur couch and sulk. He heard the soft chuckle of his dear mother along with her patting footsteps. Mark’s eyes softened when he felt the warm hand carding through his blonde hair,purring out gently. 

 

The head omega sighed,a small smile accompanying her beautiful facial features. “Come on,Yi En. It can’t be nothing if it makes you back out from your favourite activity. Is it about Jinyoung again?” 

 

Letting out a whine,Mark nodded as his mind went back to the moment where his eyes landed on the omega sticking so close to Jinyoung. But what could he do? They weren’t anything. As alphas,they were never supposed to love another alpha non-platonically. It was always alpha and omega or alpha and beta but never alpha and alpha. Mark could never understand the reason behind this history all packs follow. 

 

The alpha could recalled getting sternly scolded after asking his father why it was forbidden. His reasoning was that alphas shouldn’t be weak,shouldn’t submit. Tons of bull,Mark thought. 

 

When he first came to the conclusion that he indeed has fallen for Jinyoung,Mark was in agony. Having no one to talk to,Mark kept all his worries and thoughts in. Sometimes,it became too much that he had to excuse himself from family dinners to cry in his room after hearing his father bad mouth about the west pack who had apparently allowed the so called ‘forbidden’ relationship. 

 

What was worse was that Jinyoung had agreed. Mark felt his heart broke when he thought it could never anymore. All he could do at that moment was forced out a smile that was nothing but a shaky grimace that had Jinyoung wonder. 

 

But Mark had his mother. She was the only woman he loves in his life. She was anything but bad. Having such a kind and beautiful personality,he sometimes wonder how his dad ever thought he was worthy of her. Especially times where he had degraded omegas right in front of her. 

 

She understood his feelings and accepted it easily. She said that feelings could never be controlled no matter how hard one tried. She doesn’t blame him for loving someone like Jinyoung as the younger was quite a charming one. 

 

Mark was thankful for all her words and support she never failed to gift. Even now when he was sulking like his three year old self,she still was by his side,sending him a smile that never changed for 26 years. 

 

“Yeah.” Mark sighed,snuggling into the omega’s side,feeding off her warmth. “Why can’t I just move on,mama? Is he that important to me that my heart just refuses to let go? Why do I still hold feelings for him despite knowing how he feels about alphas being together?” 

 

“Your wolf yearns for him because it knows who you rightfully belong to. Humans are always dense but their wolves are sharp. They know,they always do. You may feel like you’re left in the dark,not knowing why you want Jinyoung so much but your wolf does. Not only your wolf,but your heart too. You’ve fallen in love,En En and it is not wrong. Never think of love as a sin.” the middle aged woman never stopped in petting her son’s hair. 

 

It has always been a thing between the mother and son ever since Mark was born. How her touch manages to calm down the alpha never fail to amuse others. Their bond was deep and it only continued to grow throughout the years. 

 

“But dad does. He acts like we can choose who we want to love but that isn’t the case,is it?” 

 

“It’s just unfortunate you end up with him as your father.” she chuckled fondly,shaking her head at the mere thought of her strict husband. 

 

“He doesn’t deserve you.” Mark whispered,wrapping his arms around her thin waist as he rested his head on her chest. “Stupid . Doesn’t even treat his woman right.” 

 

“Your father is a great alpha-“

 

“A great alpha but is he a good man?” 

 

“Sometimes.” 

 

Mark giggled at that,nosing his mother’s neck. “I’ll be a good man to you,mama. Let’s run away.” he joked,earning a hit on his head. “I’m just kidding. You love dad anyways. Who am I to stop you?”

 

“You should listen to yourself sometimes,En En.” the head omega hummed,only realising she has her other hand joining in playing with Mark’s hair,braiding small braids with the blonde locks. 

 

“Maybe.” 




 

That night,Mark managed to escape his father’s questioning about his absence in hunting after many excuses of ‘I’m not feeling well’ and ‘No,I don’t need a healer. I just need mama’. Everyone in the pack knows for a fact that their future head alpha was a mama’s boy so his father let him off,not suspecting anything. 

 

Just as he was about to tuck himself into bed,he heard soft knocks on his window. Mark squinted his eyebrows at the direction where the noise was coming from,only to gasp when his eyes landed on Jinyoung and his sheepish grin. 

 

The alpha rushed over to the window,pushing it open before cringing at the freezing wind slapping his face. “What are you doing here late at night? It’s freezing,Jinyoung!” the older alpha hissed,glaring at the other while making sure to keep his voice lower than a whisper. He could only hope that his father won’t be awake to sniff out Jinyoung’s scent. 

 

“Will you let me in then?” Jinyoung chuckled,rubbing his palms together to create a little heat for himself. Mark rolled his eyes before gesturing for Jinyoung to get in,giggling softly at how he was struggling with his other foot to enter through the window. 

 

After shutting the windows,Mark closed the curtains. It wasn’t the first time Jinyoung had snuck into his room late at night. They had done it tons of times but never so late. As in close to four am late. 

 

“What do you want,you brat? It's almost four.” Mark asked,eye twitching in annoyance at the sight of Jinyoung all sprawled out on his bed as if it was his own. 

 

Jinyoung never replied,causing the older alpha to sigh. Since the raven haired refused to speak,Mark assumed that he came to cuddle and attract drowsiness. Jinyoung did used to say that cuddling with him makes him sleepy. Judging by the time,it made sense in Mark’s head. And so,the blonde lied down on the left over space Jinyoung gave without hesitation. With his eyes closed,the alpha could still feel Jinyoung turning to face him and soon an arm s over his waist,pulling him closer. It wasn’t long till Mark flinched from the sensation of someone along his nape. 

 

“Don’t do that. It tickles.” Mark craned his neck away from the younger,only to be pulled back by a whining Jinyoung. “Puppy.” he teased. 

 

“Why didn’t you join today’s hunt,Yi En?” Jinyoung asked out of the sudden with a stern tone and the use of his real name only further proven that he was serious and not playing around like usual. 

 

“I’m not well. And what’s with you? Did I do something wrong?” the blonde questioned,pulling away from Jinyoung to stare at him but something in the younger’s eyes was so unreadable and uncomfortable that it made him not want to go through with it any longer,which made him stare at the wall behind him instead. 

 

“The omega is just a friend.” Jinyoung blurted out,gaze never breaking away which was starting to scare the alpha. 

 

“And why are you telling me this?” the older gulped though he can’t lie that the words did give him relief. 

 

It was giving Mark the chills. Jinyoung was staring into his eyes so hard that even when he initially avoided it,he still found his way back to it. The younger’s orbs was swirled with something unknown to Mark and the latter could’ve sworn that there was a flicker of red for a quick second before every opened doors started closing on him,showing him nothing but blankness. 

 

“Nothing.” Jinyoung chirped as if nothing had happened which just confused Mark more instead of solving anything. “Let’s sleep. I’ll leave before sunrise so the head alpha doesn’t realise I’m here.” 

 

Mark pursed his lips as he could do nothing but nod and agree. 

 

“If you say so…” 




 

True to his words,Jinyoung was gone by the time Mark had opened his eyes. Even when the sheets still smell like Jinyoung’s scent of pine wood and rivers and the lingering of his warmth remains,Mark couldn’t help but feel cold. 

 

“Did Jinyoung sleep over again?” His father asked as soon as Mark joined his family for breakfast. 

 

“Yeah. He left.” Mark answered briefly,hand reaching out for the piece of bread before munching on it slowly. 

 

“You both better stop this. We don’t need any misunderstandings about you two being together. It’s humiliating.” said the man. 

 

“Honey.” Mark’s mother hissed,glaring at her mate for his choice of words. 

 

“He needs to hear it. It's already enough that they spend so much time together that its pulling rumours out of others’ mouth. What if they see that boy entering our son’s room late at night and leave in the morning?” 

 

“So what? He’s my best friend,dad. They can say what they want but you and I both know the truth.” Mark growled,slamming his hand on the wooden table harshly,causing his mother to flinch. He sent her an apologetic look before glaring at his father. “What I do with Jinyoung doesn’t involve you. This is getting stupid. Alphas can’t be close now? Is that it?” 

 

The head alpha pointed a finger at his son,a silent warning to not cross the line,”Watch it,son. Don’t twist my words-“ 

 

“Isn’t it true? Every single time you see an alpha getting close to another alpha,you just can’t help but talk about them. Even your son. This whole ‘tradition’ is toxic. That’s what it is. Its getting into that head of yours that you judge everything you see but never understand.” Mark breathed heavily,tears b at the corners of his eyes due to anger and frustration. 

 

His father stared at him in shock,not expecting the outburst. “You…” 

 

“Honey,stop this. Can’t you see-“

 

“You love that boy,don’t you?” 

 

The young alpha’s breath hitched as he could feel the sudden fear crawling up him. 

 

“Answer me!” the man yelled,standing up in rage. 

 

“Yeah.” Mark whispered,glaring at his father through his tears. “Yeah,I love him. So what?” 

 

“You can’t love another alpha,Tuan Yi En! An alpha will not be weak. It’s wrong. You’re supposed to hold full dominance and strength. Unless you’re a weak omega or maybe even a beta,then fine. Love him all you want but no. You’re not. You’re my son,the next head alpha and you will not continue to love that boy. And heirs. What about that? Have you thought of it? How are you going to carry down our bloodline? By accepting other blood into our family? Snap out of it!” 

 

“How can you say that in front of mama like that? Not all omegas are weak. Mama definitely isn’t,seeing how she tolerated your for years now. If I were her,I’d rather leave you and become a rogue rather than stay with you. Why? Because being a monster is better than being with one.” Mark snapped,trying so hard to keep his fists by his side instead of swinging it into his father’s angry face. He couldn’t care less about how violent his father was trembling from pure rage as he only continued on, “And so what if I do accept another blood? He or she will still be a child I love. My heir,my business.” 

 

“You’ve changed,Tuan Yi En.” 

 

“No. I didn’t. I just hid myself from you because I know how bad you’ll react. And I was right. Look at yourself. Your eyes that was once full of pride and love are now filled with disgust and pure embarrassment just because your son is just a thing different from normal. Just a single thing. Which was loving an alpha. I guess when they say some focus more on the bad rather than the good is true. Loving someone isn’t even that bad. It’s just a problem this whole pack have.” the blonde couldn’t bare to stand the resentment on his father’s face any longer and so he ran out of the hut,ignoring the desperate calls of his mother. 

 

While running into the forest,Mark shifted,not even bothering to take off his clothes. He had always felt more comfortable in his wolf form. Every sadness and anger would be coped by shifting and resting somewhere in the forest or by the cliff where he could be alone. Then,he would hope that the problems will pass by soon but it seems to Mark that this one won’t go the same way. 

 

Plopping himself down on the rocky ground,Mark lied down and buried his face between his forelegs,letting out a huff. With the blue sky as his scenery,he blanked out,relaxing with no thoughts in his mind. 

 

Everyone in his pack says that his favourite activity would be hunting and Mark would always nod so they would leave it at that but the truth was,this was his favourite thing to do. Blanking out in a beautiful place. No thoughts to chase him. No worries to tend to. Nothing horrible to entertain his eyes and ears. It was peace and freedom. 

 

There wasn’t a specific place the blonde would consider his hideout. He just runs till he feels like ‘This is the place. This is it.’ And it was different every time. It was also so that when people needed to find him,they won’t have a clue on where he is as there was no place he’s always relax in. Mark was random and that’s what always gave him his sanctuary. 

 

Until someone actually followed him. 

 

“Yi En?” 

 

Snapping out of it,Mark turned towards the voice. There Jinyoung was,standing there only in his pants,exposing his upper body. The younger was gripping onto his shirt so tightly that Mark could see the whiteness forming in those hands. 

 

The wolf turned away,ignoring the possibility that he was going to get yelled at. He didn’t miss the call of his real name and it was the second time in less than 24 hours. Mark was tired already and so he shut his eyes,enjoying the sensation of soft wind blowing against the beige fur of his face. 

 

Jinyoung sighed,taking a seat beside the wolf figure of his best friend. “I’m sorry for calling you that but I was really worried when I saw you storming out of your home. I’m sorry for following you but I had to know where you are-“

 

“Why?” 

 

Jinyoung flinched at the cold voice in his head. “You’re angry.” he cautiously replied because an angry Mark was nothing but danger if not handled properly. “And you’re not yourself when you’re angry.” 

 

“I can take care of myself,Jinyoung. Return to the pack. I’ll be back afterwards.” he ordered,not in the mood protests or so called reasoning towards why he was in the wrong. The blonde had enough of people telling him what’s right and what’s wrong. What do they even know? 

 

Traditions,that’s what. Cruel ones that needed a change. For the sake of him and others that are facing situations like him. 

 

It was silent afterwards but Mark didn’t need to snap his eyes open to realise that Jinyoung still remained by his side. His scent was still there,strong as always to him. The familiar warmth that was capable of having him feel both safe and at risk. The adrenaline he got from whenever he was with Jinyoung as if what they had was more than a pure friendship. It wasn’t but it felt like it. All those delicate touches and secret kisses,thinking the other was not conscious. The whispers only available to their ears only. The feelings that felt so good yet so bad. Mark was hooked up on it so deep he had a hard time getting out of it. 

 

“It’s not bad,you know?”

 

Mark opened one eye and glanced at Jinyoung who suddenly spoke up after the long comfortable silence that still held a thin string of tension. “What’s not bad?”

 

“Loving another alpha.” the younger murmured,picking a stick nearby and started drawing random patterns on the ground,making the older’s heart flutter at the cute sight. “I heard your argument with the head alpha.”

 

“Everything?” 

 

Mark could smell the hesitation and slight fear in Jinyoung as the younger took a few moments to muster out a ‘no’. He knew the other was lying. He could sniff out the soft scent of pine wood and rivers,along with the sour-sigh scent back at the hut. Mark didn’t know what Jinyoung was upset about the whole conversation. The fact that his father had talked ill about lower ranks or his feelings for Jinyong. He could only hope it wasn’t the latter but the fact that Jinyoung was lying said so much. Regardless of what Jinyoung did,if he wanted to pretend nothing happened,then Mark would do the same. He had his answer. 

 

Mark kind of expected it. Jinyoung might not speak that much of the alpha and alpha bond thing but the way he nodded his head and agreed whenever his father or anyone else talked about it was obvious. Jinyoung was the same. But even so,Mark held on that fragile string of hope that Jinyoung wouldn’t be like them. The heart wants what the reality isn’t yet Mark couldn’t do anything to change it. 

 

If Jinyoung didn’t want to change his thoughts,then Mark would have no choice but to change his heart. 

 

“Let’s go back.” Mark blurted out,standing up on his paws before walking off,not waiting for Jinyoung like he always did. It was the rare times where Jinyoung wasn’t walking beside him but it was something needed at the moment. It was enough that Jinyoung could scent out his upset mood so Mark didn’t need him seeing his crestfallen self trying so hard to stop pathetic tears from falling. 

 

Jinyoung can lie. Mark will change. 






 

The head alpha was gone when Mark was back home. He was greeted by a worried mother who nagged at him for a good twenty minutes. 

 

“Mama,stop. I’m sorry but I’m not in the mood.” Mark sighed,heading to his closet and pulling out a pair of hoodie and sweatpants since he tore up his clothes earlier when he shifted. He could hear several protests from his mother as he pulled his head over the hoodie but the gentleness of made him smile softly in fondness.

 

“Yi En,I know you father is a jerk but you can’t just go and tell him off like that. He’s the head alpha.” Mrs Tuan fidgeted with her fingers as she let out a shaky breath,having a hard time taking in all the bitter scent in the small room after what had happened earlier,still sensitive from the argument as well as her mate’s words. Having to be by Mark’s father for so long now,she was already used to the man degrading omegas. It still cut deeps though but for her son,she decided to stay strong and teach him that everyone should be treated equally. The moment she was handed over to this pack,Mrs Tuan kinda had a hint on what her life would be like,judging by the attitudes of former leaders. 

 

“So what? Just because he’s all that doesn’t mean we can’t correct the wrong. As long as he keeps on insulting omegas like that,I will not stop shoving words into his mouth until he gets it.” 

 

The head omega sighed,shaking her head at the stubbornness even when she knew deep down,her son was right. Clearing ,she decided to change the topic for Mark’s sake. “Did Jinyoung follow you earlier? He heard us,didn’t he?” 

 

Humming,Mark tried to force out a smile,telling his mom what had happened,”Yeah but he lied. And that’s basically his answer. He’s the same as dad. So I decided I’m gonna back off.”

 

“W-What? Yi En,you’re just gonna give up? The boy loves you-”

 

“No. He doesn’t. He made it clear when he lied. You and I both know he was there the entire time the conversation was going on. Jinyoung knows about the love I have towards him and for him to lie? To act like he hasn’t heard me admitting my feelings to that monster? What does that say,mama?”

 

Mrs Tuan bit her bottom lip,unsure as she thought out loud,“Maybe he’s scared.” 

 

“I am too. I am scared. So much that I live with it every single day. The fear gives me nightmares but I still faced it. I accepted my feelings because what you said is true. I can’t control what I feel and that my wolf knows more than me. And I decided to let it grow. Loving Park Jinyoung is always a good feeling. He’s perfect in my eyes. He’s so fitting with me in my future. I want him,no one else. Not only my wolf,but myself as well. So much that it pains me both physically and mentally because I know the consequences but I was still willing. Unfortunately,it’s gotta stop,mama. I have no choice. I won’t force anyone. If Jinyoung isn’t the one,then everyone else makes no difference to me. I’m lost.” Mark explained,quivering at each word he let out. A sad tear ran down his cheek down to his chin,eventually dropping on his hoodie,staining it a darker colour. “Mama,I’m gonna change. I will mate with whoever dad wants me to but don’t worry because I will not stop fighting for those who’s probably in the same spot as me. Only a few months left till I'm the leader. I’m allowed to change the rules and I will.”

 

“How about you? You’re not gonna be happy with your life,Yi En!” his mother argued.

 

“I will have other things to be happy for.” the blonde alpha reasoned out,taking a step back when he sensed the anger aura leaving his mother’s small body. 

 

“Like what? Watching others having who they want while you suffer because you sacrificed yourself?!”

 

“Yes,that means my effort is not fruitless.” 

 

“No. I forbid you to do so. I will not allow my son to stay with some other wolf his father chooses and stay sad his entire life with regrets and what ifs in his head.”

 

“Mama,no matter what,I have to satisfy what dad wants so that I’m a hundred percent for the position. If I do anything he forbids,I may not have the rights for leader anymore. Mama,please understand. You’re the only one I have now.” the son pleaded,more tears escaping his eyes. 

 

Mark was unfair,Mrs Tuan thought as her heart crumbled at the sight of her son’s weakest moments. When she had him,she swore to herself she’d be the one Mark would feel free with. No matter ups or downs,she’d be the shoulder for him. Mrs Tuan never thought the downs would only get harder and harder to watch,let alone bear it and give him nothing but support. 

 

Mrs Tuan said nothing,pulling her alpha son into her arms,letting her hand tangle itself in the soft hair of her crying son. For once,she didn’t know if she could say yes to her precious. 






 

The head alpha was shocked at his son’s answer,his jaw dropped to the table as his busy hands stopped working from the surprise. 

 

Two days after the argument,the father-son duo never talked. It stayed that way until all of the sudden,his father announced he’d be mating with an omega from the southern pack. And to the elder’s surprise,Mark agreed,nodding his head shortly before went back to eating his dinner. 

 

“Wait,really?” 

 

Mark glanced at his father blankly,”Yeah. Why? Want me to change my mind?”

 

“No.” Mr Tuan grumbled. “And watch your tone with me,boy.”

 

“Sorry then.” Mark sighed before he dropped his spoon down loudly with a clank,pushing his plate away. He sent his mother a guilty look for not finishing her food after the amount of love she had put into their dinner. The younger alpha got up from his seat and murmured,”I’m full. I’ll be heading to my room. Excuse me.” 

 

Ignoring the gaze burning his back,Mark dragged himself into his room,slamming the wooden door shut before laying on the fur covered mattress. Squinting his eyes as the sudden familiar scent travelled into his nose,Mark glanced to his side and flinched in shock when he saw Jinyoung sitting by the ledge of his window,looking at the dark sky. 

 

“What are you doing here,Jinyoung?” Mark groaned tiredly. “And why are you sitting there? Get in,.” 

 

“So you’re getting together with the omega?” Jinyoung asked instead of answering the question Mark shot. 

 

“Can you stop eavesdropping on conversations?” the older rolled his eyes. Jinyoung was acting weird again but Mark refused to figure him out anymore. “You haven’t answered me.” 

 

“You haven’t either.” Jinyoung snapped.

 

Startled at the sudden burst of anger,Mark frowned,“Yes,I am. There,happy?” 

 

“No. I’m not.” the raven alpha hissed,taking big strides to the edge of the bed as he glared down at Mark’s laying figure, “You don’t even know this person! How can you simply agree to such a big responsibility?”

 

“I’m the future head,Jinyoung. If I don’t start stepping up and accept it,when will I?” Mark chuckled somberly, “Why are you angry anyways? Its common to get cooped up in an arranged marriage for future leaders like me? You’ve always been okay with all these,so why are you acting up now when its me?” 

 

“Because it’s you!”

 

“What’s wrong if it’s me?” 

 

The older sat up,mirroring the intense glare Jinyoung had at the moment. He didn’t know why he was being so sensitive at the moment. Usually,he’d be answering Jinyoung calmly. Even Jinyoung wasn’t acting normal. Ever since they’ve met,Jinyoung never raised his voice like this,no matter how close he was to tearing someone’s throat out. Maybe it was the fact that he already had enough on his shoulders or maybe it was Jinyoung giving him mystery signals. A mix of both,possible. 

 

“Everything.” Jinyoung said. “Everything is ing wrong!” 

 

The older couldn’t help but let out a sarcastic chuckle,”Everything is wrong about me,isn’t it? Whatever I do,I’m wrong. I’m always wrong. I love an alpha,I get told off by my own father that I shouldn’t be like this as if I can control who I fall for. I accepted his proposal of mating another omega then all of the sudden,my attitude was bad. Now,I’m finally doing the right,you come here and tell me I’m wrong? What the do you want me to do then,Jinyoung? Pretend that I’m not affected by the fact you straight up lied about having not heard the conversation with my father? That you have not heard the man I love,the alpha I love,is you? Tell me,what should I do to please both sides. Tell me what I should do for everyone to feel satisfied and stop pestering me!”

 

As much as he wanted to control the level of his tone inside this small hut,Mark just couldn’t help but speak out his mind loudly. He was just done with this game he’s apparently in without knowing. His parents were bound to rush into his room anytime soon but he couldn’t bring himself to care. 

 

“Yi En, I never lied.” Jinyoung murmured,eyes looking away instantly. 

 

“You did. I could literally sniff out your scent just outside my door. Even my mother did. You’re bad at lying,Jinyoung. You may have kept on a neutral face when you answered my question but scents never lie. They never do.” Mark argued. “The moment you lied to me,I had your answer to my feelings. I will always be nothing but a friend to you and I’m okay with that. Actually,I’ve already prepared myself. You may be okay with me loving an alpha but you will never be okay with you being the one I love. I’m fully aware. But what I’m not aware is the fact why you’re acting like this. Explain. Please,I’m tired of whatever game you’re playing with me,Jinyoung.” 

 

“I…” the younger’s answer could only trailed off like Mark’s hope for an answer he’d never get.

 

Mark was arguing with his wolf,trying to push down the voice that’s desperately shoving hopes and wishes into his mind . He breathed softly,waiting for Jinyoung to make out anything and stop giving him that look. That look that carried so much guilt and hesitance. 

 

“I don’t think you even know the reason. Or maybe you do but you don’t want to acknowledge. You know what I see in you right this moment,Jinyoung? I see guilt and sorrow. If I wasn’t stupid,I would’ve thought I saw love too.” the blonde mockingly laughed. “Look,Jinyoung. If you’re just gonna stand there-”

 

Or maybe not. Because Mark found himself liplocking with the silent alpha. The silent alpha,that was supposed to be opposed to his feelings,was kissing him while forcefully gripping his jaw so tightly that Mark feared his skin was going to have crescent shaped indents for his whole life. 

 

The older alpha was confused. His mind said no yet his heart yelled otherwise. He didn’t know what brought him to kiss back but it was clearly a bad move as Jinyoung immediately pushed him away. His heart shattered completely,leaving behind black ashes as his wolf howled in pain. 

 

Jinyoung was quick to shake his head,sputtering out excuses that came deaf to Mark’s ears,“-Mark,I’m sorry. This wasn’t supposed to happen-”


“Why did you kiss me?” Mark sniffled,teary eyes staring at Jinyoung. Those pair of watery orbs held so much want and despair that it made Jinyoung’s legs weak. “If you’re just gonna regret after kissing me,why did you do it? Why?” 

 

“I-I don’t know!”

 

“What do you know then?!” Jinyoung flinched at the yell,almost barring his neck at the harsh alpha tone. “Why did you kiss me? Why are you opposing to me mating to another? Why did you lie? Why do you hurt me? Why? Why? Why? These questions are all that linger in my mind right now and more will come because you just won’t answer the ing questions!” 

 

“Damn it! I love you,Yi En! That’s why!” 

 

It would be a lie if Mark never thought how his confession would go down. There was definitely flowers present and a beautiful scenery behind them. He would court his partner and treat them like a king or queen. He would be holding them as if he was holding a newborn baby,delicate under his fingertips. Their kiss would be cliche. The moment their lips touched,Mark would be hearing fireworks going off in his head along with the rapid flying butterflies in his tummy. 

 

But this image was long tossed away when Jinyoung snatched his heart away. Growing up under strict words and authorities,Mark would never think of a future with an alpha. The pup back then never would’ve thought he’d be in his current position,yearning for love from his alpha best friend. He’d bared his teeth at anyone who’d dare say such thing at him. He’d clawed anyone who worded even a slight possibility of it. 

 

Yet,Mark never took it harshly when he first felt his heartbeat thumping against his ribcage loudly,all because of Jinyoung. They were still teenagers,not knowing exactly how big of a world they had to protect their pack from. Mark vividly remembered the words that had his heart start working. 

 

‘Yeah,it’s pretty but it’s better when I have you by my side.”

 

Jinyoung never failed to say cheesy stuff like this and Mark never tried to figure out why it was then that had his feelings awakened. It was wrong but to Mark,it was beautiful. He had let the forbidden grow into something that was capable in both hurting him and making him happy. Now,he was facing the consequences. 

 

Regardless,Mark knew he’d still choose to love Jinyoung. The boy who turned into such a fine alpha had only gave him nothing but good memories. Even if he was only a friend in Jinyoung’s eyes. 

 

That was what Mark had always carry in his mind. Maybe that was how he never broke down when he saw Jinyoung with another. He learned to see the positive and cherish them while expecting the least. 

 

But here he was. Awestruck by Jinyoung’s sudden burst of the three words. 

 

“I kissed you because I love you. I hate the idea of you being with another because I love you. I lied because I’m a coward. I’m not capable of having judgemental eyes on me when they hear I have fallen in love with the head alpha’s son,an alpha at that. I don’t want both of us to get hurt-”

 

“Well,you’re ing hurting me with all your actions.” the older gritted. “You think I’m capable as well? No,I’m not. I shake in fear whenever I think of my own dad disowning me because of this,him staring down at me with shame in his eyes. Every night,my own cries are my lullabies to my nightmares and it's not because of the fact that you may not love me back. It’s for the fact that what if you do but you don’t want this. Do you,Jinyoung? Do you want me?” 

 

The younger alpha could nodded helplessly,his eyes screaming desperately of ‘Don’t do this,Mark. Don’t. Stop.’

 

But Mark wasn’t going to. Not when they have gone this far. Not when every card was now exposed on the table. 

 

“Then what is stopping you? I’m right here,aren’t I? I’ve always been here. What is stopping you from claiming me as yours? I love you,Jinyoung and I want you as much as you do to me. Our feelings are mutual but our thoughts are not. I’m willing to give everything in order to have us but are you?” 

 

The hesitation in Jinyoung’s face only brought Mark down further. No words were exchanged yet it pained Mark more than anything at the moment. Jinyoung was someone who always knew what he wanted. He was always so sure with his decisions that it would never take him more than ten seconds yet here he was,not able to get an answer out. But despite it,the older tried to understand because this was something that could possibly ruin their lives. At the same time,it could bring them relief and a happy ending. It was only a matter of whether Jinyoung was willing to take the risk of having him while facing the consequences. Mark was nothing but dead on willing. Sure,it to look up while knowing there were unfair eyes around them but he would have Jinyoung with him,his pillar. He would hang on tightly as long as Jinyoung was by him. 

 

All Jinyoung had to do was to say yes. Or even a nod. 

 

“No.” That punched Mark’s breath out of his system as he choked back a sob of despair. “I’m sorry,Mark but I can’t.” Jinyoung’s voice trembled,his hand gripped tightly into faded white fists. 

 

“You won’t.” Jinyoung squinted his eyes at the other,opening his mouth to defend only for him to get taken aback by Mark’s red orbs. “Almost 10 years,Jinyoung and you still don’t understand that you’re an open book to me. It’s not that you can’t. Stop with that bull. Enough lies. I’m tired of it. I’m tired of pretending the fact that I can’t hear the slight wavering in your voice,like I can’t scent out the sour lies in you. The fact that you’re even standing here after all I’ve said,right in front of me,in my room, in my house with my parents still here, means you do feel the burning desire and love I have for you. Unfortunately,I don’t know to what extent. But what I know is that it’s not enough for you to have the courage to take one step towards me.” 

 

“I’m a coward,Yi En. You don’t deserve someone like me.” 

 

“You don’t get a say on who I deserve but you’re right. I don’t deserve a coward like you. Someone who wouldn’t fight for his love just because he’s scared of others talking down on him...I don’t deserve this of a person but what can I do,Jinyoung? When my wolf still yearns for you,when my heart never stops to want you. I can’t do anything if you don’t want to,Jinyoung.” Mark sobbed,wiping his tears away aggressively with the back of his palms. “But you...you can. The love you have for me is not that deep yet. Do me a favour. Do us a favour,will you?”

 

The raven haired nodded reluctantly. “What is it?”

 

“Stay away from me.” 





 

As much as it hurts Mark,Jinyoung did exactly that. Even when the blonde alpha was the one who asked for it,it still brought him pain when Jinyoung distanced himself easily. With the other returning his feelings,he would have thought that Jinyoung would have second thoughts or maybe have a hard time. 

 

Mark selfishly wanted Jinyoung to go against him despite his request. He was an idiot for suggesting something so hurtful but he had to. Jinyoung made it clear he didn’t want to proceed in entering a loving relationship with him. Mark would only fall deeper in love with the younger if he stayed so he had asked for the cruel wish. He could hope that it was not for nothing. 

 

Mark’s father had nodded his head in approval when the future head told him he’d stop loving Jinyoung. The look of pride on his face disgusted Mark but he could only disguise it with a smile. 

 

The man who he had looked up to all these years was completely different. No. Mark’s convinced he had just been blind to all of his father’s imperfections. Now that he was on the receiving end,he knew what a person his father was like. 

 

But it was hard to despise him completely. He was starting to understand why his mother still managed to stay by his side. 

 

Even with all the poisonous words,this person had raised him,taught him to be the strong alpha he should be. This man has given him so many praises and sincere smiles whenever Mark achieved something. And that phrase he got used to hearing but not anymore always made him emotional. 

 

‘That’s my boy.’

 

No matter the type of person now,Mark would always manage to think of what he was in the past and that was enough to forgive his father in his heart. He used to think he was weak,being so forgiving. But his mother had said,”It’s not that you’re weak,En En. It’s that you are strong enough to find it in your heart to forgive him. You’re strong enough to overcome your pride and be the bigger person. That is what makes you better than your father and I will always be proud of this fact.” 

 

Love hurts,even in different forms. 

 

His mother chuckled sadly when she heard the words murmured out from her son’s lips because she agreed. Love hurts yet they stayed. 

 

With a loving caress on Mark’s cheek,she looked into his eyes and said with a determined voice,”You two are meant to be. I knew it since you two met. Trust me. You will have your happy ending,En En. Be patient and time will be kind to you. I promise.” 

 

“Be patient…” Mark trailed on. “But will he be patient enough?” 





 

It was during hunting when Mark finally saw Jinyoung properly. After the argument,he only caught glimpses of the younger here and there. Even his scent was close to nonexistent by how he avoided Mark. He missed his best friend a lot but he knew he had to do this. 

 

Mark gulped as he shared eye contact with Jinyoung,the younger’s figure standing tall few feet away from him with a poor deer trapped between them. Quickly looking away,the blonde alpha huffed and made a move to turn away when he heard Jinyoung in his head.

 

‘Don’t. I’ll go.’ 

 

Mark almost burst into tears at the words. Jinyoung sounded so miserable and the older knew it was all his fault.

 

The black wolf had his head down as he stepped away from the area. Even with such a massive build,Jinyoung managed to look like a small puppy. Ignoring the long gone prey,Mark only stared. Stared until the wolf became nothing but a tiny black spot. 

 

It ing kills and Mark brought it to himself.

 

The head alpha was pissed when Mark came back empty handed. Usually,his son would bring back a feast but now,not even a mere bunny. Glaring down at his heir,he growled loudly,causing Mark to bow down. 

 

‘Get it together! Or the pack will starve because of you. You’re lucky we stock up on food.’ 

 

Mark only whimpered when the head alpha bumped into him as he walked away. He felt slightly ashamed after being called out in front of everybody but with Jinyoung looking at him,he felt worse. He just wanted to run away. And so,he waited. 

 

When the blonde was sure everyone had trailed after the head alpha,he ran towards the opposite direction,getting away from everyone. 

 

Maybe he wasn’t that strong after all. Always running away when he couldn’t handle it. Mark laughed somberly as he thought,’What alpha am I? Running away like a coward? The audacity I have to say things about Jinyoung when I’m worse than him.’ 

 

Mark felt like a disappointment. 

 

He felt like a disappointment to his mother because he wasn’t as strong as she always talked him to be. 

 

He felt like a disappointment to his father because he fell in love with an alpha when he knew he shouldn’t.

 

He felt like a disappointment to his pack for not being a role model he should be.

 

He felt like a disappointment to Jinyoung because he caused him sadness. All because he couldn’t accept the fact that Jinyoung was afraid. 

 

He was a disappointment and that’s what’s really sad. 

 

‘Go back,Yi En.’ 

 

Mark snapped his eyes open and stares at his best friend in shock. He had thought that Jinyoung was long gone with the rest but obviously,he thought wrong because here he was,fierce eyes piercing through his sternly. ‘A few minutes,Jinyoung.’ he replied,turning away to look at the sunset. It was beautiful yet he couldn’t find himself to enjoy it fully due to the despair he was feeling. 

 

‘Don’t be stubborn. Your mother is looking for you. She’s worried.’ 

 

‘Lies again. She knows when to give me space. You underestimate the bond between me and my mother.’ Mark sighed,hiding his face between his paws. ‘What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be back with the others? I believe my father gave you tons of duties to do.’ 

 

‘You’re right.’ Jinyoung chuckled,plopping beside the older,not minding the wind softly caressing his fur. ‘He hates me these days.’

 

‘Well,you managed to capture the heart of his son. Of course he hates you.’ 

 

That totally went uncontrolled by Mark as he cursed himself for being so clumsy with his thoughts and words. Embarrassed,Mark turned his head away,not daring to look at the younger after what he had blurted out. Even with the intense burn of Jinyoung’s gaze on him,Mark refused to meet his eyes. Who knows what he’ll see in them. 

 

‘I am here because I am worried.’ Jinyoung started,succeeding in pulling Mark’s attention as he saw one ear perking up in interest,making him coo inside. ‘I know you asked for distance but how can I? When you’re here,craving for company. Our friendship may be shaky right now but I’m still your friend. I’ll be with you when you need the comfort. We don’t have to talk...just let me give you comfort.’ 

 

‘...Fine.’ Comes Mark’s curt reply. 

 

‘Few minutes are up. Let’s go.’ 

 

‘No.’ 

 

Jinyoung hummed teasingly,’No?’ 

 

Mark giggled,’Nope.’ 

 

After his answer came a playful nip on his ear,causing Mark to yelp. Before he could whine at the younger,Jinyoung pounced on him,their bodies rolling around on the ground as they continuously nipped each other playfully. It reminded them when they were still pups,playing like there was no tomorrow. 

 

‘S-Stop!’ the older cackled,paw shoving Jinyoung’s snout away from him. 

 

‘Return with me and I will.’ Jinyoung grinned,staring down at the beige wolf beneath him. 

 

‘What if I refuse?’ the alpha challenged.

 

‘Then,this never stops.’ the younger growled jokingly before returning to his little bites on the older,earning him cute whines and growls. 

 

Mark missed this. He missed playing with Jinyoung. He missed the smiles,the laughs,even just his voice. It has been weeks without Jinyoung near him and now that he was,Mark wasn’t sure about wanting Jinyoung to stay away anymore. 

 

The alpha was so deep in thought that he never realised Jinyoung had noticed his sudden halt of responds. The younger alpha got his answer when they met gazes. Whining sadly,he whispered,’I miss this too.’ 

 

‘Why can’t we be like this all the time?’ Mark asked after Jinyoung got off him. ‘It’s my fault,isn’t it?’ 

 

‘No,Yi En. Don’t say that-‘

 

‘It is! I should’ve controlled myself when I felt something towards you but no. My stupid self goes and let myself love you more than I should. And now look at us. So far away even when we're just steps away. This wouldn’t happen if I controlled myself. Father’s right. I should’ve snapped out of it when I could. It’s...it's all my fault.’ 

 

Jinyoung sadly nudged his snout on Mark’s jaw,’I fell for you too,Yi En. It’s not just you. I’m sorry for being a coward.’ 

 

‘I understand. I know how scared you are of people judging you and I still accuse you of it. I’m the worse. I just…Is our love wrong,Jinyoung?’ 

 

‘No,sweetheart. It’s the right love at the wrong time.’ 

 

Squeezing his eyes shut tightly at the sudden endearment,Mark let out a cry that pierced arrows into the younger’s heart. ‘Time. Mama said if I’m patient,time will be kind to me. Will it,Jinyoung? Will you finally be kind enough and finally accept the love between us?’ 

 

Silence.

 

Pain.

 

‘I’m sorry. That’s stupid for me to ask. Let’s just forget it.’ Mark rambled on. 

 

Just then,Jinyoung did it. He connected their foreheads together,snouts touching as he closed his eyes. Meanwhile,Mark could only widened his eyes at the affection. He dare not breath at the intimate position as he feared that it would ruin the moment. 

 

‘I will.’ Jinyoung suddenly spoke. 

 

Mark let out a shaky breath as he thought,’Finally?’ 

 

‘I will...do anything or our love,Yi En. I’m sorry for the times I’ve hurt you but know that it never hurt less for me. It killed me to know that I’ve been doing this to you even when I know it would. I’m an ,Yi En. A cowardly who loves you. So so much.’ The wolf in front of him then turned and there was Jinyoung in his human form,staring up at the majestic beast of his best friend and possibly lover. 

 

“I want to say this to you in person and not just a voice in your head. I really love you,Yi En and you’re wrong when you said I don’t love you enough to fight for us. I love you enough to sacrifice our love so that you won’t have to deal with mistreatments or anything you don’t deserve. I thought it was working,you know? When you told me to stay away. It hurts but I knew it was what I had to do in order for you to move on from me and get a proper future.” 

 

Jinyoung chuckled as Mark whined. He lifted his hand up and ruffled the beige fur lovingly. 

 

“But then,I knew what I was doing was wrong. When I see the determination in your eyes,I realised how much of a scaredy-cat I really was. I saw how strong you were to face the consequences just for us even when I know you’re scared to death. You were waiting for me and all I had to do was to take your hand and face it together because our love would always be stronger than the opinions they have. But I rejected it. Your fallen face became my nightmare. You were always thinking of giving up but you never and that touched my heart more than anything else. And right now,Mark Tuan Yi En,I’ll take that hand. I’ll do whatever it takes to strengthen our love. I’ll take every hit and protect us at all costs because I love you,Yi En-“

 

Jinyoung grunted as his body was pushed onto the ground. He was met with a crying Mark,bawling into the curve of his neck. He never realised that Mark had gone back to human form as he was so determined to show his love that he was ready. Jinyoung laughed at the small bites on his neck,knowing he deserved it after the torment he made Mark go through. 

 

“I love you too,you .” Mark muttered,pulling away to show Jinyoung his blinding smile. And oh how Jinyoung had missed it. It never failed to make his day. 

 

“Good because I can do this.” Jinyoung smirked before leaning in to capture Mark’s lips in his. 




 

“I thought you said you would stop hanging around the boy.” the head alpha grunted angrily,having to have sniffed out the familiar combination of pine wood and rivers.

 

“I don’t recall.” Mark hummed,stuffing himself with a mouthful of meat. He was too happy to even reconsider his father’s growing anger. Pointing the bone at his father,he smirked,”Besides,I never promised anything so choices can be changed. Isn’t that what you always tell me during my birthdays? Or are you getting old? Ahh,that’s not very good,isn’t it?” 

 

“En En!” His mother tsked,though she was holding in her laughter. 

 

“Hang out all you want. I’ll let you have your fun. Two weeks are all you have before you mate with the omega of the southern pack.” 

 

Now that was enough to pull Mark away from his playful mood as he sat up straight,”I’m sorry,father but that will have to be cancelled. I will only mate with Jinyoung and no one else. You can’t change my mind.” 

 

“Tuan Yi En! Stop being so foolish!” 

 

“Look who’s talking?” Mark snorted. “Unlike you,I know what I should do for my love. And I love Jinyoung no matter what rank he is. I love him for him and if you can’t accept that,then you can’t accept me as your son.” 

 

“What are you even talking about? Of course you’re my son-“ 

 

“But can you accept me for what I am? An alpha who’s loving another alpha? Because that’s who I am now. Can you still treat me the same,knowing I’m stupidly in love with Jinyoung? Can you,father?” 

 

“I...I’m sorry,Yi En. I refuse to accept it. What happened to you?” the head alpha whispered with eyes full of disappointment and sorrow.

 

“I just fell in love. Like how you did with mama.” Mark smiled. “I’m leaving. With Jinyoung. I know you can’t bear the sight of me being with him so I’m doing both of us a favour. You can avoid seeing me with Jinyoung and I can be with the love of my life.” 

 

Mark’s mother gasped in shock as her tears started welling up at the news of her son leaving,”En En...don’t do this.” 

 

“Mama,look at father. He can’t even handle the sight of me right now. What makes you think me remaining here would improve anything? I’m different to the others’ eyes and I don’t fit in here. I...I don’t belong,mama.” Mark said sadly before holding her hand and squeezing it fondly. “Don’t worry. I’ll come back once in awhile just to see you.” 

 

With that,Mark smiled sadly before heading towards his room. He could hear the cries of his mother and the blames she threw towards his father but he made up his mind. As he met Jinyoung’s comforting eyes who was standing by the window,watching him intensively,he nodded,giving the younger an answer to their future. 

 

The next morning when the sun hasn’t risen,Mark was by the entrance of the pack’s territory,along with Jinyoung by his side. Their hands were intertwined snugly together as the couple smiled lovingly at each other. 

 

“En En!” 

 

Mark glanced back to see his mother running towards them with tears down her cheeks. And he couldn’t help but let out his own too as he took her into his arms. 

 

“I’m gonna miss you,mama. Now that I’m not here to defend you,take care of yourself and stop letting that jerk bully you. You don’t deserve it.” Mark huffed,glaring at the silhouette of his father by the window. He was watching them but he never came out. It pained Mark to know that but he knew he couldn’t force his father to do it. 

 

“You too,my baby. You both take good care of each other,okay?” she sniffled,one hand on Mark’s cheek and the other on Jinyoung’s. “Make sure to come back at least once a year and no matter what,you two will always belong.” 

 

To say that it didn’t soften their hearts would be a big fat lie because after all those negative thoughts,to hear someone say it was warming towards the couple. 

 

“Thank you,Mrs-“

 

“Mama. Call me mama,Jinyoung.” 

 

Jinyoung grinned widely at that,glancing at his lover who only nodded happily,”Thank you,mama. I’ll take care of him with all my heart and I’m sure he’ll do the same. We’ll be fine out there. Don’t you worry.” 

 

“Oh,I doubt someone would be stupid enough to come up to two strong alphas. You two were always the best in hunting and fighting.” the omega praised,patting their cheeks. Taking a last look at her son,she let out a shaky breath and a teary smile,deciding it was time. “Go on,boys. Wouldn’t want to delay any longer. I love you both so much.” 

 

Pressing a small peck on his mother’s temple,Mark nodded,letting her go reluctantly with a longing expression. Jinyoung sensed it as he grabbed the older’s hand,sending one last smile towards the head omega. 

 

“Bye,my loves. I’ll see you soon.” 

 

“Bye mama.” 

 

And off they went. 





 

It has been a few months after they left the pack and as terrible as it sounded,it was nice. Not that life back there wasn’t beautiful,it’s just a different kind of nice. 

 

Mark could kiss Jinyoung whenever he wanted and Jinyoung could hug Mark anywhere and anytime without others questioning them. They were free to love and that’s all that matters to them. The couple never remain in one place as they travelled around. Sometimes they were lucky while sometimes they were not. But mostly the former though. Thank god. 

 

With them being expert hunters,food was never the problem. It was usually the shelters that were harder to find but they always managed. There were times where it got too cold and they would huddle up as close as possible and feed off each other’s warmth. 

 

Besides that,they were happily in love and together. 

 

Just a few days ago,Jinyoung went into rut and Mark offered to help. He was in pain after a week of receiving Jinyoung’s huge knot almost nonstop but he couldn’t be happier as he finally got his mark. Jinyoung had a similar one on the left side of his neck,under his ear. Mark would have never thought he’d be on the receiving end but honestly,it felt good. 

 

With the bond being made,they felt much closer than they could ever be. They could feel what their significant other was feeling and even knowing their thoughts which was helpful as Mark loves to think and Jinyoung doesn’t speak his mind. Jinyoung found it cute that Mark always thought of random stuff like how the clouds resembled a bunny and it was making him hungry. Him and his endless hunger. 

 

Currently,they were staying in a small cave they found while travelling around. They were probably nearing the west side due to the strong wind. Mark was humming to himself while keeping the fire awake by feeding it more wood while Jinyoung stared out at the trees. The younger was always fond of sceneries. 

 

“Hey,babe?” 

 

Mark looked up at Jinyoung who never took his eyes off the trees,”Yeah?” 

 

“Do you think anything changed after we left?” Jinyoung asked,letting out a sigh. 

 

“I would like to think that something did.” Mark hummed,placing the wooden stick down as he stepped towards his mate. 

 

He was instantly brought closer to the younger by a hand on his waist. His heart still flutters never endingly at anything Jinyoung does to him. It was insane how much Jinyoung could affect Mark with just a small mere breath towards his way. 

 

“Why do you ask?” 

 

Jinyoung shrugged his shoulder,finally glancing at the older before leaning down to kiss his lips,”Just wondering.” 

 

“It’s okay. I do too,sometimes. I wonder if my mama is doing well. I also wonder if my father actually think of me and not me loving another alpha,like think of his son’s well being. Sometimes,I would have thoughts like yours. Did our departure change anything? For good or for bad? For my sake,I either think nothing has changed. I don’t want to get any hopes up or upset myself.” 

 

Jinyoung nodded understandingly before he suddenly smirked. “Hey.” 

 

“What?” 

 

“Your rut is coming up.” 

 

“Uhh...so?” Mark squinted his eyebrows in confusion. 

 

“So I have to help you!” 

 

“Of course you have to. Who else would if it isn’t my handsome prince like mate?” Mark purred,tickling Jinyoung’s jaws with his fingers. “Anyways,it's almost dark. Let’s get in,sweetheart.” 

 

“Sure.” Jinyoung chirped,walking hand in hand with Mark into the cave. “Hey,do I top or what?” 

 

“I have to relieve my knot,buddy. So,no.” Mark chuckled. 

 

“Did you just buddy-zone me? Hey! I’m your mate! You can’t just go and ‘buddy’ me.” Jinyoung whined,tugging at his lover’s arm like a little pup. 

 

“Well,I’m sorry,honey. Is that better?” Mark giggled when Jinyoung nodded. 

 

“Much better.” Jinyoung grinned before it dropped. Mark was slightly alarmed but he stayed calm and waited. “I’m scared. Did it hurt when I did it to you? I mean we don’t have natural lubricant like omegas do.” 

 

“Of course it did. At first. But it fades after a while so don’t worry. It feels good after. Trust me,you good.” Mark chortled. “I’ll go slow like you did.” After that was settled,the older rested his head the other’s shoulder,shutting his eyes for awhile,heart warming up at the praises going off in his mate’s head. “Yeah, yeah. I’m pretty or cute whatever.” Mark giggled once more. 

 

“Can you let me scream in my head for once?” Jinyoung groaned at the exposure. 

 

“You’re cute when you do that.” the blonde muttered,kissing Jinyoung’s mark,feeling the other shudder at the electric shock going up his spines at the contact of his mate. 

 

“I love you. I might be for saying this but I’m glad we left and chose our love.” Jinyoung said after a moment of comfortable silence. 

 

“I guess I must be too.” Mark laughed,bringing his head up to kiss Jinyoung,his arms wrapping around the younger’s shoulder. When he pulled away,he could catch the dreamy state Jinyoung was in and he’s sure he was no different. With a huge smile,Mark whispered,”I love you.” 

 

Jinyoung could only pull him in for another kiss.






 

“You’re right. It felt good.” Jinyoung panted under Mark,smiling tiredly when the older let out a laugh. 

 

“Told ya. Maybe it’s because we both good.” Mark hummed. His eyelids were almost shutting down on him as he made Jinyoung’s heartbeat his lullaby. 

 

“Hey,pull out,you .” Jinyoung huffed. “I feel disgusting. Is this how you felt when I didn’t pull out? Oh god,I am truly sorry.” 

 

“Nah. I actually loved the feeling of you inside me. Yeah sure,it’s sticky but it makes me feel more connected to you. I mean I am literally connected to you-Ugh,you know what I mean?” Mark groaned,unable to explain what he felt back then. All he knew was that he never wanted Jinyoung to pull out,as disgusting as it sounds.

 

“Sorry to say this,baby,but I don’t.” the raven haired snorted. 

 

“Ugh,you’re an .” Mark glared before pulling his softened out,lowkey admiring the white substance leaking out of Jinyoung. Sulking,he then turned to the other side,pouting to himself. His pout deepened more when he heard amused chuckles behind him before an arm wrapped around his waist,pulling him towards a firm chest. 

 

“Don’t be mad,pretty face. I was just teasing you,my love.” Jinyoung whispered as he planted traces of wet kisses along Mark’s neck. “I know what you mean. I felt it too back then. It took me so much to pull out of you. It's an unexplainable feeling but that’s what makes it special.” 

 

“...Yeah,I guess you’re right.” Mark finally dropped his sulking facade and snuggled closer into Jinyoung’s embrace. “Anyways,get some rest. You know how ruts are. It's gonna be back anytime soon.” 

 

Jinyoung grinned excitedly,”Can’t wait.” 





 

“Uhh,honey? You might wanna come and take a look.” Mark yelled. He was a good distance from Jinyoung but enough for him to still feel his presence. 

 

The blonde alpha got onto his knees as he picked up the small pup who was shivering without any protection from the harsh environment. He was still breathing and that was a relief. Though it was weak. 

 

“What’s wrong-Oh.” 

 

“Yeah. Oh.” Mark sighed. “Who would be so cruel to leave their child to die like this?” 

 

“Not us. We’re adopting him.” Jinyoung said. “We’ve been talking about pups for some time now. Maybe it’s a sign.” 

 

Mark turned towards his mate and wondered,”You think so?” 

 

The raven haired only nodded,pressing his lips on the crown of Mark’s head before looking down at the pup snuggling into Mark’s chest,”Look at him. He loves you already.” 

 

“What should we name this cutie?” 

 

“Jio.” Jinyoung said and as if it was meant to be,the pup let out a small happy whine at the name,causing the new parents to coo mentally. “It hasn’t even been five minutes and I’m already in love.” 

 

“Same,sweetheart. Same.” 





 

“You know,when I said come visit me at least once a year,I thought it’d be two alphas. Not two alphas and one pup.” 

 

The couple laughed at that while Jio glanced at the head omega curiously as the only people he has really seen were Jinyoung and Mark so to see someone completely different may have been fascinating for the child.

 

“We found him all alone by a tree. We couldn’t leave him there so we took him as ours. After all,we’ve been talking about parenthood.” Jinyoung explained,a finger coming down to bop Jio’s nose. The child giggled at that as he hugged his father’s finger with his little hand. 

 

“So,yeah. Mama,meet your grandson,Jio.” Mark grinned.

 

“He’s a lovely boy.” the omega chirped, “Can I carry him?” 

 

Mark happily nodded as he handed his son carefully over to his mother’s arms,feeling his heart burst into thousands of fireworks at the loving scene. He’d never thought he’d see the day where his mother is carrying his child. Especially a child of his and Jinyoung’s. 

 

Mark was satisfied and happy. 




 

The couple did meet up with some of their friends,though some ended up cutting it off due to their judgement of the relationship but they didn’t care. They were happy some of them accepted and only nagged that they left without saying goodbye. 

 

When it was time to leave again,their friends and mother were there to send them off. But just like last time,Mark’s father was not in sight. Well,to them, of course but to Mark,he could still see the peeping man by the window of his former hut. 

 

When he shared gazes with his father,Mark smiled him a confident smile and nodding his head as acknowledgment before heading off with Jio in his arms and Jinyoung beside him. 

 

Mark hoped one day his father would learn to find it in his heart and see that no matter what,he was still his son. 

 

But for now,he’ll focus on his family and making their love stronger so that nothing can ever take them down.