Happy New Year

Last Christmas

“Hey!! The lovebirds are here!” Jin yelled out. Yoongi and Mimi stepped into the apartment hand-in-hand. 

 

“We brought the champagne!” Yoongi held up the bottle, smiling brightly as he handed it over to Jin. They went over to the living room where Hoseok and Jimin were playing video games with Jungkook and Namjoon watching. Yoongi sat down on the couch beside them, pulling Mimi into his lap.

 

“Wow, can you two, like, get a room?” Taehyung scoffed from behind, laughing.

 

“No, we literally have been together for less than a week, and we have a lot of PDA to catch up on.” Yoongi stuck his tongue out at Taehyung, who mirrored his actions. 

 

Mimi laughed, and just leaned her head onto Yoongi’s shoulder.

 

After last year’s whole situation, neither Yoongi nor Mimi showed up to Jimin’s New Year’s party. 

 

“Alright everyone! Popping the bottle open now!” Namjoon exclaimed. Everyone stood around the kitchen, cheering around with their glasses in hand.

 

“10….9….8….!” The boys all yelled together as the countdown began.

 

“Mi? I’m looking forward to finally spending the next year with you,” Yoongi whispered as he looked into her eyes.

 

“6….5….4…!” 

 

“Here’s the to the first year together, with many more to come,” She smiled back.

 

“2...1! Happy New Year!!!!” Yoongi leaned down and kissed her as fireworks set off around the surrounding neighborhoods. 

-------------------------------------------------

*Googles "How to end a story"* 

I wrote this just because I heard Last Christmas on the radio the other day and wanted to do something to get my mind off of work. Thanks for reading my little story <3