Ch.107 The Second Tournament (Part 1)

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Timeline: five months after MiSana dating. I only have 4-5 weeks to break them up.


@ krina_love : No it's not about the birthmark. Seoyeon has a birthmark. But I never said Nayeon has the same birthmark. In fact, I didn't make Nayeon having the same birthmark because it will make it too easy for everyone to find out about the truth. The Myoui Family have seen Seoyeon's birthmark many times when they're taking her to bath/shower. Jihyo has seen Seoyeon's birthmark once when Seoyeon was sick and Chaeyoung brought her to the clinic. And after Mina dating Nayeon, they will make love and they will see each other bodies. So, if Nayeon has the same birthmark, of course Mina (and Jihyo too, because as Nayeon's sister she must have seen Nayeon in the past) will easily figure out the similarity of the birthmark between Nayeon and Seoyeon. And that will make the story boring. The only person who come close to notice something about the birthmark is Jihyo. When Seoyeon was sick and was brought to the clinic, Jihyo saw the birthmark and she remembered seeing a paper in Nayeon's room that contained the drawing of the birthmark. It's the same paper that Nayeon showed to Jeongyeon when she asked her to help find her daughter.

@ Wivern : LOL Sorry about that. You’re right, even if someone kneels in front of me, I won’t change my mind about the plot in this story.



CHAPTER 107 THE SECOND TOURNAMENT (Part 1)



WEDNESDAY EVENING. AT JEONGYEON'S OFFICE.

Jeongyeon was still in her office. It was 7 PM in the evening. But being a lawyer, she had to work around the clock. Sometimes she even had to stay until midnight at her office due to the heavy workloads. Sometimes Jeongyeon would make a joke with Daniel, calling their job COWYER, instead of lawyer. And it is funny, considering they were surrounded by real cows, and cowboys and cowgirls in this small town.

The female lawyer was busy typing something on her computer, when suddenly her intercom ringing.

She pushed the button and spoke.

"Yes, Taeha?"

"Jeongyeon, you have a guest." Taeha, her secretary, said.

"Who?"

"The police officer, Chou Tzuyu."

"Okay. I'm coming out."

Jeongyeon quickly got up and walked to the front room. And she saw Tzuyu sitting there. She was still in her police uniform.

Recently Tzuyu had been coming to visit Jeongyeon in her office to discuss stuff like criminal cases, trials at the court, news updates, etc. A lawyer and a police officer were the kind of jobs that certainly attracted each other. Sometimes Jeongyeon and Tzuyu would met at the crime scenes, at the courts, or in the jail and police station where Jeongyeon had to visit her clients who were taken under arrest by the police. And because of this, the two found themselves getting closer to each other. Although sometimes they would find themselves in an opposing side, in which Tzuyu caught a criminal or felon, and then those criminals hired Jeongyeon to defend them, and Jeongyeon managed to win the trial and free them from the charge. In such occasion, Tzuyu usually would get mad at Jeongyeon and the two would find themselves bickering every now and then.



"Hi, Chewy." The lawyer greeted the officer.

"Hi, Jeongyeon."

"You have something to talk to me?" Jeongyeon asked. She noticed the tension and the seriousness around the officer.

"Yeah."

"Come, let's talk in my room."

The two then went inside Jeongyeon's room.

Tzuyu took an envelope from her bag. She opened it and took what was inside it. Pictures. Lots of pictures. She spread those pictures on the table.

"What is this?" Jeongyeon took the pictures and observed them one by one.

"Oh God! Nayeon! With Mina too! Oh my, she's shirtless! What's happening here?"

Jeongyeon was speechless upon seeing those pictures. Never in her entire life, she saw Nayeon taking off her shirt in front of other people. The CEO always wore a full-body covered outfit, even in summer. She never showed too much skin to anyone outside her family.


"These pictures were taken one and a half months ago." Jeongyeon spoke after observing the date written on each pictures.

"Yes." Tzuyu nodded.

"Where did you get these pictures?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Someone sent this to Sana."

"Sana? Who?"

"Can you guess it? There’s a message there. Read it."

Jeongyeon took a paper from the envelope, and read it. "From your greatest admirer. Your girlfriend is cheating on you. Just break up with her." The lawyer frowned. "Is it Seunghyun? He's already imprisoned, but he can order his men to stalk Mina. And he has a motive to get revenge on Mina and Sana."

Tzuyu shook her head. "No. This is from Jaebum."

"Jaebum!?" Jeongyeon stared in shock. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Tzuyu nodded. "I'm one hundred percent sure."

"How? Why?" Jeongyeon asked, baffled.

Tzuyu then took another envelope from her bag. It contained another pictures, it was from the balloon festival.

Tzuyu took one picture from the savannah, and one picture from the balloon festival. She then pointed at the small dots in the pictures.

"See this mark on the bottom left? The lens on the camera had a few black spots, probably due to defect, crack or dust or something. These two pictures have the same black spots. There are twenty pictures from the savannah, and sixteen pictures from the balloon festival. All of them have a very similar black spot pattern. Which means they were taken by the same camera. And the pictures from the balloon festival here, are taken from Jaebum's camera. So the pictures from the savannah were also taken from his camera." Tzuyu explained.

"Oh my God!" Jeongyeon was in so much shock. Now she didn't know which one was more shocking: Nayeon getting shirtless in front of Mina, or Jaebum stalking them and taking pictures of them.

"Oh Chewy! This is so shocking! What do Mina and Nayeon say about this? Do they know about this?"

"No, we didn't tell Mina and Nayeon about this. Only Sana, Momo, me, and now, you, who knows about these pictures. And actually, Mina and Nayeon had tried to keep their trip secret from us." Tzuyu said.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. Nayeon asked Mina to not tell anyone about this. And I'm sure Nayeon had been keeping this secret from her family and Jaebum too."

"Oh, yes, just like the last time. Nayeon lied to everyone, saying she had a meeting with me when she actually went on a horse-riding with Mina to the mountain. It was around the time after I saw Sana confessed to Mina-"

"Huh? You saw Sana confessed to Mina?"

Jeongyeon stopped. Oh crap! Me and my big mouth! "Ehm. Yeah. I saw them on the way home, and I overheard them."

Tzuyu stared mockingly at Jeongyeon. "You stalked them. Tck! It seems everyone in this town is a stalker.” She then turned her attention back to the pictures. “Anyway, you know what I'm thinking, Jeong? I really think Nayeon has a big crush on Mina."

"Hm. Yeah. And she said it was platonic. Tck. Nayeon, you're a liar!" Jeongyeon said with a smirk plastered on her face.

The lawyer then returned her attention to the pictures that showed Nayeon without a shirt, and other pictures that showed her removing her pants in front of Mina.

"Seriously, I never saw Nayeon acting like this before. I know her. She's very protective of herself. She will never let her guard down. And she will never show her skin in front of anyone, moreover in an open field like this. Look, there are trees surrounding the river. The Im Nayeon I know will hide herself behind the trees if she needs to change her clothes."

She took another picture.

"And this. This looks like she's trying to kiss Mina. Honestly, I'm very surprised to see this. We know she's engaged with Jaebum, but acting like this in front of Mina who only likes girls and already has a girlfriend, hm... I don't know what to say. And what did Sana say about this? How did she react to this?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Sana was sad, of course. Mina had lied to her, saying she had a deadline for assignment but she actually went to the savannah with Nayeon. Sana didn't want to have a conflict with Mina so she told Momo, and Momo told me. So a day after the tournament, Momo and I came to Mina and confronted her, and asked her to tell us the truth. We didn't tell her about the pictures though."

"A day after the tournament? Oh wait, that was when you, Mina, and Momo had another fight and then appeared in the pub with bruises all over your face!"

Tzuyu smirked. "You have a good memory, Jeong. Yes, actually, we beat her up a bit, kicked her a little. After that, we forced her to talk to us."

Jeongyeon stared at Tzuyu. She remembered how badly beaten and bruised Mina was, when they met up again at the pub two days after the tournament. Now she knew why Mina had the worst bruises and injuri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter