Jongin

Misc Tumblr Drabbles

Jongin knew two things for certain in this life. First, that he loved you with all of his being and second that he would never understand women. He’d arrived home after a long and tiring day, looking forward to heating up whatever leftovers you had kept for him and relaxing with you on the couch. 

 

 

Apparently you did not have the same trajectory planned for the evening. When he walked in the door you seemed tense but he thought he’d give you a bit of space before asking what was wrong, he’d only just walked in after all.

 

 

He set his bag down and hung his keys on the hook, put his shoes on the rack and made his way to the kitchen. This was his first mistake. You silently followed him, like a small storm cloud, ready to combust. He was hungry, he’d had a long day and he wanted to eat before unpacking whatever was bothering you. He figured you’d understand that. You knew how draining his job was. 

 

 

He collected his leftovers from the fridge and popped them in the microwave, practically salivating. You’d made his favourite. He glanced over at you as he bent down to get a glass from the cupboard. “Did you want a drink babe?”

 

 

“No thanks.” You answered cooly. 

 

 

At this point he got an inkling that you were mad, but he had no idea what you were mad about. Surely it could wait until he’d eaten. The microwave beeped, he tested the heat of his food with his finger then popped it back in again.

 

 

It was getting awkward, this silence. He didn’t like it and he wasn’t sure how to fix it. He turned to face you and gave you a soft smile, one you failed to return. Nervous now, he asked “Babe… what’s wrong?”

 

 

“Nothing Jongin.” You words hold no conviction and he’s not so oblivious that he can’t see it written all over your face that something is not right.

 

 

“Don’t do that, clearly something is up. Please tell me?” He reached out to touch you but you stepped back, out of reach. That, he was not expecting.

 

 

“How long have we been together Jongin?” You asked flatly.

 

 

He bit his lip as he calculated the time in his head. “Six months.”

 

 

“Can I ever expect to meet your friends?” You start. “Or do you plan to keep me as your dirty hidden secret forever?”

 

 

The hurt in your voice is palpable. He hadn’t realised that so much time had passed. He’d been so busy with work and making sure to spend time with you that he kind of forgot to introduce you to his friends.

 

 

“You’re not a dirty secret.” He replied, ignoring the beep of the microwave. Food would have to wait.

 

 

You sighed. “Do they even know you have a girlfriend.”

 

 

 

 

He’d hardly spoken to them since the two of you got together, only catching up for work related meetings. “Uh..”

 

 

“I’ll take that as a no.” You took a deep breath, attempting to ground yourself. “Are you that ashamed of me that you couldn’t even mention me in passing for six ing months?!”

 

 

Jongin is tired. He is hungry. And he’s never fought with you before. He doesn’t know how to respond. Doesn’t know if you’ll yell or if you’ll be eerily calm or if you’ll cry, leave, he just has no idea. “Babe,”

 

 

“I don’t know why you feel the need to hide me away. Unless you’re embarrassed of me.”

 

 

He shook his head, frantically trying to bring the tension down. “No! It’s not that!”

 

 

“Then what. What could possibly be a good reason for not mentioning me for half a goddamned year?” You’re mad now, that much he’s worked out.

 

 

He tried to speak, to make you understand but every time he tried to start explaining you cut him off. You’re hurt, and feeling like you don’t matter, that he’s not as serious about you as you are him and right now, you need to know. So much so that you won’t let him speak.

 

 

Then his exhaustion kicks in. The calm that he was maintaining snaps.

 

 

“I don’t have a good reason ok?! I’ve been so ing busy at work, so busy that I barely get a break to eat let alone have a conversation about anything other than work. Then I spend all of my free time with you, because I am infatuated with you. Telling anyone else. Well it slipped my mind ok?!”

 

You stood silently, a tear rolling down your face as he yelled. You’d never felt less important. Six months, six whole months and no one in his life knew you existed. It wasn’t good enough.

 

You squared your shoulders and mustered all of the courage that you could. “Eat your ing chicken, it seems you care about it more than the person who made it for you.” You turned and headed towards the door. “I’m going to Sohee’s. Don’t call me unless I’m no longer a secret.”