Chapter 7

Is this Seat taken?

6:30 AM

*Dongho and Minki’s apartment*

 

“Thanks for the Phone baby.” Said Dongho as he hands minki his phone and he walked toward the kitchen “So what do you want for breakfast?” he asked as he looks at the fridge.

 

“Anything you want Hyung” he said and watching as Dongho takes out the ingredients he’ll need to cook.

 

“Alright then we’ll have pancakes, eggs and bacon and of course hogurt” Dongho said smiling ear to ear.

 

“So.. what did Bumzu- Hyung tells you?” Minki as as he crouched down and play with Happily, ever and after.

 

“He told me that **** entertainment called that they are making a documentary movie about NU’EST And that they have the perfect writer to make the script for the movie and I’ll have to meet him later.” said dongho as he flip the pancakes.

 

“Congrats Hyung!!!, Now i wanna see Ren-chan and tell him” said Minki as he continue to play with after.

 

“Why not come with me in the office then?” said dongho as he place the finish pancakes in the platter

 

“Can I really???!” said MInki as he stood up to look at dongho

 

“Yes of course, you're always welcome in the office baby. And I know Ren will also be happy to see his favorite Hyung in the office.”

 

“Okiee then, I’ll message him.” Minki said as he get his phone to message Ren. “Hyung it reminds me how about your phone?”

 

“About that We’ll have to go to JT’s cafe first and get my phone.”

 

“JT’s cafe…” Minki said as a blush slowly blooms on his cheek.

 

“Yes why?” Dongho ask not realizing that Minki is blushing uncontrollably

 

“Ahem, Nothing so those this mean you left your phone there? But what about the owner of the phone?” Minki ask try to relax.

 

“Well Bumzu said that maybe i have switch phones with red hair guy yesterday. And I'll be meeting him again later.” Dongho said as he placed the last pancake in the plate.

 

“Hyunggggg” Minki said beaming “Maybe this is finally your chance. Like how can you switch phones with someone like that. This is destiny Hyung” Minki said Bouncing

 

“Minki..”

 

“But Hyung, like what you said last night ‘I'm not in a hurry the right one will come when the time is right and if he's really the one for me then it's not the last time we'll meet right’ so if you’ll see each other again may be take this chance Dongho-ya” Minki said nagging Dongho to listen.

 

“I’m just clumsy Minki and accidentally pick up his phone. And maybe this is just a coincidence. Let's not give meaning to this.” Dongho said as he carried a plate of food to their dining table.

 

“Fine but if you two meet up again after this I’m telling you Dongho-ya maybe he is the one you’ve been waiting for.” Dongho just sighed in defeat he Knows he can never win over minki when it comes to this kind of arguments so they just eat and prepare for the day.

 

8:45 AM

 

*JT’s Cafe*

 

Minhyun arrived at JT’s cafe earlier than the agreed time, he didn't mind because JT’s cafe has been his second home, his escape from reality after Aron leave 3 years ago it's been his routine to go to JT’s after work even after he resigned as an editor and decided to become a writer under the same publishing house he still spends his days in JT’s. Jonghyun and Teayong have seen how Minhyun Change during the span of 3 years the once talkative and bubbly Minhyun is gone and replaced by a stone cold Minhyun who rarely smiles, someone that they don't know. All they can see in Minhyuns eye are sadness, pain and anger, long lost love, longing and happiness that it once held.

 

It is still early so the cafe is not that crowded. So Jonghyun and Taeyong don't have that much work to do. There are some who’ll order take outs and go. When the door open Jonghyun greeted the customer.

 

“Good Morning Hyunnie” Jonghyun Greeted Minhyun as the taller man enters the cafe.

 

“Morning Jong, Morning Yong” say Minhyun with a small smile.

 

“Good morning Nyeon” Taeyong greeted him from the cashier

 

“So the regular?” Ask Jonghyun preparing Minhyun’s Grapefruit ade.

 

“Maybe later Jong, I’ll just have water first and I’m waiting for someone,” said Minhyun which shook the two, its been rare for Minhyun to wait for someone. Since that day 3 years ago Minhyun hated waiting he makes people wait for him and never waited for anyone. He is scared of waiting for someone with no assurance.

 

“Wow, that's new what a character improvement.” said Taeyong earning him a kick from Jonghyun. Minhyun just shakes his head and look out the window.

 

“So who are you waiting for?” ask Jonghyun as he sat on the chair opposite to Minhyun.

 

“Dongho.”

 

“Dongho?” Ask Jonghyun as he tilts his head on the side.

 

“Yeah, the guy that shared table with me yesterday.” Minhyun explain still not looking at Jonghyun and only watching the people that pass by.

 

“The Ice Americano guy?” ask Jonghyun trying to remember the guy that share table with Minhyun yesterday. Minhyun just nodded his head in confirmation. “Why? And how did you know him? Like you two didn't even talk that much yesterday.” continue Jonghyun.

 

“Well, I don't really know what happened but we accidentally swapped phones” he explain earning a confused look from Jonghyun.

 

“What? How can you accidentally swapped phone with someone?”

 

“Remember that I always place my phone in the table for easy access, I guess maybe he place his phone down the table and pick up the wrong phone? To be honest I don't really know Jong how it happen but yeah that happens and now I have to meet up with him to return his phone and get mine.” he explains to junghyun who is still confused about how the exchange happen.

 

“Hyun I know you’re dumb but I didnt know youre this dumb to not know that he gut your phone.”

 

“Yah! , it's not my fault and things happen yesterday and I didn't realize until this morning what happens.” Minhyun said.

.

“What could have happened that makes you forget to check your phone Hyun.” Minhyun just look him in the eye and glimpse of sadness pass by his eyes and from that Jonghyun knew something was up and Minhyun is not ready to talk about it yet. And that's enough for Jonghyun to understand that Minhyun need more time until he is ready to speak about it.

“Fine, call me or Taeyong if you need anything I’ll go now” Jonghyun said as he stood up and walked towards the counter.

 

10:20 AM

 

10 minutes before the agreed time the door of the cafe open and entered Dongho with Minki behind him. Dongho search for the familiar red hair guy as he holds Minki’s hand when he noticed how some of the guy eyes Minki. He hates it how they look at Minki like that, he knows he is acting so possessive of his best friend but he can't help it he promised to protect Minki whatever happens.

 

When he spotted Minhyun at the same table as yesterday, he began to walk closer to the taller man who is reading again.

 

"Baby, order anything you want while I talk to him okay?" he told Minki when he remembers that he is still holding the youngsters hand. Minki just nod at him and Left to order.

 

Dongho cleared his throat to get the attention of the man. And the Man looks up at him. Minhyun smile at Dongho.

 

"Hi" Dongho said shyly as we he was near Minhyun's table.

 

Minhyun looks up at Dongho and gives him a small smile. "Come take a seat first." he said as he motion Dongho to seatdown.

 

"I'm sorry for making you wait." Dongho said as he lowers his head.

 

"No its okay and it's still early you're not late. I just like staying here that's why I came early." he said giving Dongho a reassuring smile.

 

"Ahm so do you want anything?" Dongho ask as he looks at Minhyun

 

"No need I'm fine." Minhyun said as he looks at Dongho. Now that the sun illuminates Dongho's face it highlights Dongho's feature more captivating Minhyun and making him thing how someone this beautiful exist. Minhyun also realized how Pretty Dongho's eye is his brown eyes that can tell a thousand stories. He was interrupted by Jonghyun Who places a tray of Drinks in front of them.

 

"Here's your drinks enjoy. And Nyeon Here's your Grapefruit ade." he said and leaves. Minki is behind Jonghyun carrying a tray of bread.

 

"Dongho-ah I also bought breads" he said smiling and looks at Minhyun. "Hi! I'm Choi Minki can I join too?" he said and smiles, Minhyun gives him a nod and smiles.

 

"I'm Hwang Minhyun." he said and shakes Minki's hand.

 

When the two settles down after a few moments Dongho decided to break the silence. "Oh yeah here's your phone." Dongho said as he hands Minhyun his phone. "I'm sorry, I didn't notice that I pick up the wrong phone last night. I was in a hurry to go home and just pick up the phone and I didn't know your phone is also on the table. I'm really really sorry." Dongho said as he bows down to Minhyun.

 

"Hey it's okay, I guess it's also my fault for not checking. And just getting the phone from the table. So I'm also sorry for what happened. And if only I was alert enough I could have chase you to give you your phone but yeah I wasn't." Minhyun said as he hands Dongho his phone. Dongho Just smiles at him.

 

"I guess no one is really at fault here, but thank you for returning my Phone if someone else got it I don't know what will happen so thank you." He said and looks at Minhyun. "That reminds me I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Kang Dongho" he said as he reach out his hand for Minhyun to shake.

 

"Nice to Meet you Dongho, I'm Hwang Minhyun." He said as he shakes Dongho's hand. And he did the mistake of looking into Dongho's eyes, making him drown in Dongho's deep brown eyes. Both of them looking at each other and no one dare to let go of the other hand. The short moments feels like an eternity. The warmth of each other's hand is enough to reach their hearts.

 

*click*

 

The clicking sound makes Dongho flinch and to go back to reality and slowly letting go of Minhyun's hand. He immediately regret letting go as he miss the warmth of Minhyun's hand in his. Dongho looks around avoiding making any eye contact with Minhyun. "I'm sorry about that."

He said as he Lowers his head and scratches the back of his head.

 

"it's fine, don't worry." Minhyun Said and takes a sip of his own Drink.

 

After the awkward hand shake all three of them remain silent just finishing their drinks and bread.

 

After a few more minutes Dongho's phone started ringing. breaking the silence that envelope them.

 

"Yes, Secretary Kim?" he answered with a serious Tone.

 

"Sir, Mr.Kye is here looking for you." Secretary Kim said

"Tell I'm him I'm on my way." and with that he hangs up.

 

He looks at a Minhyun who is also looking at him. "we have to go now thank you again. See you around." Dongho said and Shakes Minhyun's hand for the 2nd time and leaves with Minki.

 

11:00 AM

 

After saying goodbye to Minhyun, Dongho and Minki left. Minhyun was left alone in the table. It's only been a few minutes since they leave and now he feels lonely something new for him to feel. He has been alone for 3 years after all, but now he seems lost. He just decided to push his crazy thought behind his mind and continue to review the paper about the script he'll be writing.

 

On the other hand, Dongho and Minki ride Dongho's car going to K&K entertainment with is just a few meters away from JT's cafe. K&K stands for Kye & Kang but some people tend to call them King of kings Ent. because of the list of different award winning compositions and artist. One of those is Nu'est a group of 5 boys that have been through a lot but still manage to reach their dream to be Number 1.

 

When they arrived at the office, Minki goes to the practice room to see Nu'est or to be specific Ren. While Dongho goes straight to his Office.

 

When the elevator Door opens he saw his secretary in his desk sorting out documents and when the secretary notice him, he quickly greeted Dongho goodmorning. Dongho did the same.

 

When he entered his office he saw Bumzu sitting on his couch while reading some papers.

 

"So.. Since when did this become your office Hyung?“ he said as he removes his coat and hang it then placing his suitcase in his table.

 

"I just waiting for you I need to brief you about the meeting that will be happening this afternoon." he said as he closes the folder he has been reading.

 

"Fine so what do we need to do?" Dongho said sitting on one of the couches.

"first I have check the schedule of Nu'est and I have also fix it to fit the filming time and their preparation for their World tour. 2nd later will meet a representative from ***** publisher who will be our script writer. 3rd the new VP of **** entertainment will also join the meeting he is also our producer and he personally called me to confirm that his joining the meeting. Finally, we only have 2 weeks to finish the script and after we'll begin to film." Bumzu said as he looks at his notes checking if he have miss anything.

 

"Got it. So what time is the meeting again?“ Dongho asked as he stood up and goes to his disk to check the documents.

 

"It'll be held at 1 in the afternoon and I and secretary Kim will be with you." Bumzu said and stand up "I'll go now and check the venue of the meeting, I’ll see you later, don't forget to eat lunch okay?”

 

“Of course Hyung, you too.” and with that Bumzu left his office and Dongho just started doing his business.

 

12:20 PM

 

After an hour or so Dongho heard a knock on his door. It was Minki with his lunch. “Hyung, it's past 12 already aren’t you going to eat?” Minki ask with a small pout making Dongho soft for his baby.

 

“Come inside baby” Dongho said as he stood up to go to the couch. “I will its just that I’m busy with the preparation for the meeting later” he said as he loosen his necktie.

 

“But that is not an excuse for you to skip meals you know” Minki said as he placed the take-out bag in the table.

 

“You went to JT’s?” Dongho asked as he saw the logo in the box.

 

“Yeah.. and he is still there where we left him doing paperwork.” Minki said as he hand Dongho his drink.

 

“He? You mean Minhyun?” Minki give him a nod and they started eating.

 

‘So he is Always in JT’s’ Dongho thinks to himself. One of the reasons why he forget to order food is he keeps on thinking of him, thinking about Minhyun. There is something in him that makes Dongho curious like he wants to be greedy and know the taller man more but meeting him twice is already a blessing and now they don't have any reason to meet anymore but somehow he wishes that Minki is right and maybe today is not the last time they’ll meeting.

 

As they continue to eat Bumzu message him that the representative from the ***** publisher is already in the lobby and secretary Kim is going to pick him up. This made Dongho to finish his food faster and fix himself with a little help from Minki. Minki have also volunteered to clean so Dongho can go to the meet.

 

As Dongho walks down the hall to one of their Meeting rooms he doesn't understand but there is a pounding in his heart and like something is about to happen, he shakes it off as nothing and blame it to the coffee he drinks.

 

When he reaches the door, he hears someone talking and it should so familiar but he doesn't know who could it be. He slowly reach for the door handle and open the door. The first thing that he saw was his secretary distributing drinks, then his best friend who is facing the other side and finally a tall man with reddish brown hair.

 

“Minhyun?” “Dongho?” they both said in Unison. 0