1st Album

FEEL THE SAME?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're here, girls," My driver slash manager informed us when we arrived at a nine-storey apartment building. I am with my co-members Dahyun and Mina. 

 

"Aren't we too early? You drove too fast, unni." I replied. We were supposed to arrive around 11:30 pm but it's just 10:20 pm. 

 

"Early bird catches the worm." She replied. "I still can't imagine you living in a place like this." 

 

The place is not as luxurious as the ones I have been but it's not too shabby as well. Just enough. 

 

"But it's a good idea, right?" Dahyun replied with optimism. "If only our CEO and Director isn't the ever crazy Jihyo, we wouldn't be here now."

 

Jihyo the craziest director I've ever encountered in my entire life—which happened to be my long-time friend now—instructed us to live in a third-rate world. Her reason? It's for our new concept next comeback. Cinderella. 

 

I am part of one of the most popular girl groups in Korea. Our group is called "Ice," with Dahyun and Mina. Our next song is about a diamond born in the rocks, with lots of molding from pain, it turned into a beautiful diamond; a star on Earth. 

 

Of course, I liked the concept. In some ways, it's the story of my life and hello, I'm really a star so this should be easy. I won't need to act and just be me. 

 

However, Jihyo's mind is far different from mine and we ended up here: Yeontopia Apartments. Well, compared to what I initially expected, this is more than my expectation. At least Jihyo didn't really intend to make us suffer living. I think this place would give the experiences I need to relate with our characters better. 

 

One thing that's just really weird is, what is a nine-storey building doing in a very remote area like here? Is it getting enough revenue for maintenance? It's almost the only building around here. 

 

"I'm just worried how long you girls will last here." My manager distracted my thoughts. 

 

"C'mon, it's just for six weeks. It's not that long." Mina said as we are getting out of the van. "I'll take this as a sweet vacation after that hectic schedule just last week. I needed a break, too. Jihyo must've noticed that." 

 

"Well, I'm worried about how you would survive without money at all." Our manager said while taking out our bags. 

 

"What?" We asked in chorus. 

 

"Jihyo also instructed to not give you any money. Someone who will take care of you during your stay here will budget your allowance for you. You don't have even a penny." 

 

"What?" We asked again. 

 

"I wasn't informed about that! Jihyo never mentioned anything like that." I said. 

 

"Actually, she did. But you weren't listening as you usually do." Unni smirked. 

 

"Is this seriously happening?" 

 

"Sure does." 

 

"You're enjoying this." I noticed. 

 

"Of course!" Manager unni smiled. "It's a sweet vacation for me, too. I was permitted to be with my family during your stay here. So, please behave yourself and let me rest because just like you, I need a break, too." She winked and then climbed to the van after she took out all my stuff. 

 

Her family lives just an hour away from here. We wanted to greet her family, but she said it is more important for us to come here as soon as possible. For all I know, she just wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible. 

 

I smirked. If I don't love this manager, I would've fired her long ago. But she's been with us during my ups and downs as idols. She's the best. 

 

"Are you going? Already? You're not even gonna help us bring this up to our rooms?" Dahyun asked in surprise when our manager started the van. 

 

"No. Go inside and tell them to help you."

 

"Are you seriously gonna be like this? If they recognized me I'm gonna be a dead meat before I can even take a single step inside." I said thinking about how fans would swarm over us. 

 

"Don't get too ahead of yourself. This is a remote area. It's eight hours away from Seoul and four hours away from the town. You can only see mountains and fields around. Do you think they will know you?" 

 

"Are you underestimating us?" I'm Im Nayeon, duh. 

 

"You're just overestimating yourself. It's the safest place here." She replied. "I'll get going."

 

"Unni!" We shouted when the car moved. "Unni! You can't be doing this!"

 

We must've shouted too loudly because she stopped and peeked her head on the wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter