Chapter Two

La Rouge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

None other than the mighty Kim Yerim stands In the middle of Irene's chambers.

 

"So I see that you've retrieved her."

 

"...Yeri?" Seulgi says, prompting Irene to look at her with a curious gaze.

 

The door unlocks and Joy enters quickly, shutting the door back before stomping her way up to Yeri and towering over her with a death glare.

 

"I can't believe you pushed me aside and entered. If it were anyone else I could have them in the cells by now."

 

"But I'm not just anyone" Yeri snickers at Joy.

 

"Enough you two."

 

Irene looks at Seulgi.

 

"How do you know Yeri?" She asks.

 

"We met at an art gallery once and she became a really good friend of mine. I've been meaning to introduce her to you guys but then all of this happened and we had to save her." Yeri responds for Seulgi.

 

"You mean me and Irene" Joy says while rolling her eyes.

 

"Are you an artist Seulgi?" Irene asks.

 

Joy and Yeri stare at Irene dumbstruck. Of all the questions to be asking, that was the princess's choice.

 

"Yes, I'm pretty well known too, though I expect my image will be damaged once the land hears of my little escapee and title."

 

Irene rests a hand on Seulgi's shoulders and throws her a reassuring smile to comfort her. If Joy and Yeri's mouth can drop any lower than they already had, they do.

 

"Don't worry, we'll prove your innocence no matter what and then we can get you back to your normal life." 

 

Seulgi's eyes turn into beautiful crescent moons as she shines a bright smile at Irene. The princess's heart flutters and she feels like she's flying. What a beautiful smile.

 

Yeri coughs, breaking Irene out of her trance.

 

"Uh anyways...we should probably start planning how to prove Seulgi's innocence tomorrow. I think everyone needs some well deserved rest today." Yeri says.

 

"You didn't even do anything Yeri." The tall girls snarls.

 

"Excuse me I informed her, all of you in fact. None of you guys would have known if not for me. Not even Joy because of her incompetent black guards" Yeri snaps at Joy. 

 

Irene exhaled. "Okay okay guys, I think it's time for that rest Yerim mentioned. We'll meet up here tomorrow and begin planning, make sure to tell Wendy too. She's our brains." 

 

The two girls nodded before exiting the room. They always seemed to bicker and Irene felt like a mom at times, keeping her two children in check to prevent them from murdering each other.

 

The princess sighs for what feels like the 100th time that day. She looks at Seulgi and notices how tired the poor girl looked and decides that it was better for them to both get a short nap in before night fell and the guards of the palace did their usual rounds. They should be safe with Joy at the door but Irene still worried that someone would come in unannounced (like yeri) and catch Seulgi. She only got to know the bear-like girl for a few hours but it had felt like days passed for her. She was taking a liking to her much too fast with the little conversations they had with each other, though she didn't mind that much at all. Besides sneaking out of the palace to carry out some tasks, Irene didn't get to interact much less make friends with outsiders. There was simply no time for the busy girl so she relished in times like these.

 

"Seulgi come sleep on my bed. We need to get some rest, I don't think the coming days will be any easier than today."

 

Seulgi being much too tired to respond just nods her head and slumps down onto the princess's bed. Irene carefully watches the other girl for a moment with warm eyes. Even though she should probably feel stressed, she couldn't help but feel excitement coursing throu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter