Chapter 8

A Pirates Life For Me - Lumark

Mark slowly wakes up, the sunlight is greeting his face and the captain’s arms around his waist. He tries to create a little bit more room for himself but the man isn’t budging. “So first kidnapping and now holding me captive?” Mark asks teasing. “If that’s what it takes to have you here then yes” Lucas answers “Plus you totally could have left if you wanted”. “What the hell do you mean we’re in the middle of the ocean” Mark states. “with what? The visitor we had last night?” Mark says not able to hide his curiosity towards his discoverings of last night. Lucas is the captain so he would know right?

 

Mark studies Lucas’s face, having turned around in his grasp. “We had a visitor?” he asks. “Mmh, I saw Taeyong talking to somebody” Mark tells him. Upon hearing that the slight worry on his face seems to disappear. “Taeyong talks to a lot of people” is all Mark gets to know before the said man bursts into the room holding a pile of clothes.

 

He seems surprised by their closeness but the shock is quickly replaced by a sly smile. “Morning captain, morning Mark, I have some clothes for you” he says looking at Mark putting the clothes down on a chair and leaving the room. “We should probably get dressed if everybody is up already” Mark says. “Whatever you want Markie” the captain says, kissing his forehead before getting out of bed and putting on some clothes.

 

As soon as the other is out of the room Mark groans into the pillow, he’s a pirate, he’s bad, deadly even but what’s more deadly is the sound of Mark’s heart beating way to fast. It's not like he has a thing for bad guys, just the good looking ones. After accepting the fact that he should have already known he drags himself out of bed.

 

He looks at the clothes, he’s happy to have clothes for himself but he wouldn’t have minded wearing the captain's clothes for a bit longer. He doesn’t know who picked out the clothes or where they got them but they suit his style perfectly. He gets dressed and makes his way to the galley.

 

Mark finds the rest of the crew already seated at the table. He takes his place which is right next to Lucas. Jaehyun divides the food, Mark has no idea what is it but if it tastes as good as last time he knows there’s nothing to worry about. They eat their breakfast peacefully until they’re met with the sound of splintering wood. Mark lets out a noise of surprise when he sees a cannonball flying through the air.

 

“Right in front of my salad” Jaemin complains. “Shiver me timbers” Haechan exclaims in shock. “Jeno please run a shot across the bow to the s who think they can get away with blowing holes into my ship” Lucas speaks up. “Yes, captain” Jeno responds running away to do his job. Mark looks around to see everybody calmly waiting and continuing to eat, waiting for the captain's orders. well except Winwin and Yuta, Winwin is complaining about the holes meanwhile Yuta is trying to comfort him saying he will definitely fix it.

 

“What is happening?” he whispers to Lucas “are we under attack?”. “We might be, but we need to make sure this isn’t a mistake”. Mark doesn’t really understand it but he nods anyway. They hear a bang, notifying them that Jeno has done his job. Hendery walks away to look through one of the holes. “There is no white flag yet” he tells them. “Who is stupid enough to wanna fight us” Taeyong says stuffing his mouth with the food now that breakfast might be over soon.

 

Hendery grabs his telescope and puts it through the hole. He chuckles and says “It’s that son of a biscuit eater”. Earning some groans from the crew. “But it looks like he understood the warning” Hendery says before suddenly jumping away as another cannonball bursts through the wood. “Never Mind” he comments as Mark has to duck for his life in order to not get shot.

 

That seems to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. The captain quickly stands up, offering Mark a hand to get him off the floor. “Okay that’s it, my ship and my Markie, I think not” he says, making Mark blush. “Hendery go and raise the red flag we are giving no quarter” the captain screams. The crew makes a noise of agreement and Yuta screams “Justice for the ship” and they all head of to the deck.

 

Lucas follows shortly dragging Mark closely behind him. When they reach the deck the cannonballs are flying through the air from one ship to the other. In this case, Mark is quite happy to have been kidnapped by the most dangerous and feared pirate crew. It also means they are the most skilled pirates out there. “10-2” he hears Jeno scream teasingly as one of their cannonballs hit the other ship.

 

He sees the part of the crew that isn’t busy with the cannons fighting with members of the opponent's crew. A couple more use ropes to swing onto their deck and suddenly they are in front of them. “Aha if it isn’t captain Xuxi himself” the other man says and Lucas pulls Mark even more behind him. Mark doesn’t know if he should feel flattered or offended, he is a well-trained police officer after all so he can take care of himself.

 

The man swings his sword towards the captain but he easily blocks it. “Don’t you think it would look nice, you head on the bowsprit of my ship”. Lucas chuckles, “Too sad you won’t be able to see it all the way from Davy Jones's locker” he says as he slices his shoulder open.

 

More man come onto their ship and Mark gets pulled away from Lucas’s side by one of them. So Mark pulls out his sword, still not used to the feeling. When the man in front of him makes a cut on his stomach he wishes he had his gun. But sadly Taeyong had explained that it was an unwritten rule under pirates to not use guns. He manages to stab the man a couple of times before Kun comes to the rescue by piercing his sword through the man’s leg leaving him wailing in pain. “Thanks” Mark mutters trying to catch his breath.

 

His rescuer gets caught up in another fight and Mark finds himself being trapped in a corner by the same man that Lucas was fighting just a while ago. He sees blood gulping out of his side, the captain must have hit him well. “So who do we have here? Captain's Xuxi little lover” the man says mockingly. Mark tries to hit him with his sword but instead ends up tripping over his own feet. Why does he have to be so clumsy? The pirate reacts quickly by putting his sword against his throat. “If I can’t kill the captain his lover will have to do” he smiles satisfied with himself.

 

“If you’re gonna make this into a cliche I’m going to kill my enemy’s lover thing you should have at least expected me to come and rescue him” he hears Lucas say as he pulls his sword out of the man’s heart. Mark doesn’t know what goes on in the captain's mind but he somehow thinks this is a great moment to kiss him. Mark jumps away when he feels something grabbing his leg. “Really” the captain complains stabbing the man again. “So I’m your…” Mark starts. He gets interrupted by Winwin calling for the captain's assistance. “Later” Lucas tells him before sprinting away, leaving the word lover lying unspoken on Mark’s tongue.

 

Mark gets caught up in a couple more fights after that, leaving him with some bruises and cuts once the battle is all over. “So now we have to feed the fish” Jaehyun says. Mark looks at all the wounded intruders on the deck, he has no clue if any of them are dead. If so nobody seems to care about it. The crew starts picking the bodies and throwing them overboard. Mark sees some of them hastily trying to swim back to their own ship, the others… well, let’s not talk about that.