Chapter 5

A Pirates Life For Me - Lumark

“Come on Markie” Lucas said grabbing Mark’s hand and giving him a tour of the ship. “And last but not least my cabin” Lucas said opening the door and pulling Mark inside.

 

Mark didn’t know what he had expected, probably something scary and weird but definitely not something that looked this nice and cozy. It the middle stood a huge desk, the captain walked towards it, sat down on the chair and pulled him in his lap.

 

“I’m sorry, I only have one chair, and I can’t make my guest stand now can I?” the captain says. Mark blushes, he would try to struggle out of the captain's grip but the strong hand on his waist told him it would be useless.

 

“I’m not your guest, you kidnapped me” Mark tells him. “Well, it wasn’t like your work made you any happier” Lucas says as a matter of fact. Mark looks surprised, he wonders how the man knows that.

 

“What are you a stalker?” Mark asks. “No Mark I’m a pirate, the captain even” the other responds and Mark just lets out a laugh. “but you already read that in my file didn’t you 

Markie”. Mark pouts, it annoys him that the captain knows certain stuff that he shouldn’t be able to know.

 

“God you’re adorable” Lucas says and before he or Mark gets the opportunity to say anything else they are interrupted by the sound of knocking.

 

“Come in” Lucas shouts. A man walks in shouting “Captain we have a problem”, smirking when he sees Mark in Lucas’s lap which results in Mark embarrassedly trying to free himself from the captains grasp. He stops his efforts when the deep voice in his ear tells him: “Markie if you don’t stop squirming we’ll have to problems to take care of”.

 

The police officer blushes and tries to hide his face in hands. “What is it Taeyong” Lucas says. “Hendery is seeing something in the distance”. “Did he tell you what it was?” the captain asks. “He asked me to get you immediately so, I have no idea” Taeyong responds.

 

Lucas lifts him from his lap and walks over to Taeyong. “Markie are you coming?” the captain asks Mark who’s still standing behind the desk. The younger one brabbles something along the lines of “I thought I wasn’t allowed”.

 

That results in a chuckle from both the captain and Taeyong. “Markie my ship is your ship, you are allowed to do whatever you want”. ‘Are you that nice to all your hostages” Mark mutters but the captain is already too far away to hear it. Taeyong, however, responds with “He doesn’t, you’re just special” before leading Mark back to the deck.

 

They arrive just in time to see a boy -probably Hendery- climbing his way down from the crow's nest. “Ahoy captain” he says when he has arrived safely onto the deck. “What’s the problem?” the said man says.

 

“I saw a ship with a black jack on the horizon” Hendery tells him. “Well that’s earlier than expected” Lucas says, a frown making his way onto his face.

 

“When do you think we’ll reach them?” Lucas asks Hendery. The boy takes a while, studying his surroundings and the sky before answering “I guess by the break of dawn captain”.

 

“Hmm, tell Jaehyun to adjust his cooking, we need something to last us till the morning then” Lucas says to Taeyong who scurries off to the kitchen.

 

“You guys haven’t had dinner yet? It’s ten pm already” Mark says looking at his watch. “The sea decides when we can eat Markie” the captain says. He grabs his hand once again, leading him back to his cabin. “So tell me everything you know about pirates, it might be useful for me” is what Lucas tells him once they’re back inside.

 

When Taeyong comes to get them for dinner an hour later, the captain is still listening to whatever kind of information Mark gives him, occasionally writing things down. They get seated at the table - Mark in between Lucas and Taeyong - and when Jaehyun wants to give 

Mark a serving he politely declines and explains he has already eaten. “You have no idea what you’re missing out on” Taeyong tells him while smiling to Jaehyun.

 

Mark wonders why he is a pirate, the man doesn’t look evil at all, he then takes a good look at the others to come to the conclusion that all of them look too handsome to be the bad guys.

 

As they are eating, Lucas introduces the rest of the crew to Mark. There is Kun who is the ship's doctor, Jaemin who is the Helmsman, Yuta the carpenter, Winwin is the boatswain, Jisung is the cooper, Jeno is the master gunner and last but not least: Haechan who is the musician.

 

He’s not surprised to learn that Taeyong is the quartermaster, Jaehyun the cook, and Hendery the barrel man.

 

After the rest has finished eating Mark lets out a yawn which doesn’t go unnoticed by Lucas. “You want to sleep?” he asks. “Yes, please lead me my way to my cell” Mark responds.

 

Lucas laughs. “Why do you think you would be sleeping in a cell” he says. “Maybe because you kidnapped me onto your ship” Mark says back. “Are you going to keep bringing that up?” the captain says with a pout and puppy eyes. Quite cute if you’d ask Mark.

 

Mark’s response is silenced by another yawn. Lucas takes Mark’s hand and leads him back to his cabin. “What are we doing here?” Mark asks sleepily. “Just an extension of the tour” 

Lucas says taking Mark into a separate room inside the cabin. “You can sleep here with me, or if you really don’t want that, I’ll sleep in my chair” the captain explains. “The bed is big enough” is Mark’s answer, but maybe he’s just hoping for some cuddles.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The first time he wakes up, he finds himself in the arms of the captain, not that he minds that. He nuzzles further into the warmth Lucas’s body provides and lets himself been taken to dreamland once again.

 

The second time he wakes up to Taeyong’s voice informing them the other ship is near.