We don't offer that kind of service

Does this voice have a fee?

(A/N: This is still the same day as the paper cup event)

Jinyoung-oppa’s voice from that time keeps on reverberating inside my head. To feel this way about a 3D boy… In class, Jisoo sat at her desk. Resting her chin on her hand, she gazed out the window. She recalled Jinyoung’s lips pressed against the cup. She clenched her eyes shut, as her cheeks turned pink.

“Kim Jisoo!!” the teacher called out.

“N- Ne!” She quickly stood up.

“Good grief. Just because summer break is starting soon, you’re spacing out. Concentrate on class, not on the outdoors.”

She looked down as her eyebrows scrunched in embarrassment. “Mianheyo…”


Outside the school, Jinyoung was dressed in his P.E. uniform. He looked up at the window of Jisoo’s classroom to see her bowing fervently.

“… So,” Youngjae smiled, snapping Jinyoung from his daze. “What do you plan to do? We were just talking about having a study session after school.”

Mark teased, “You were just looking at the first year’s classroom, weren’t you?”

“Not really…” Jinyoung averted his gaze.

Mark slung an arm over Jinyoung’s shoulders. “In the first place, weren’t you talking to Jisoo-ssi over that paper cup phone? Did you ask something like ‘How do you feel about me?’”

“Lunch…” Jinyoung shrugged Mark’s arm off. Jinyoung said matter-of-factly, “I thanked her for the lunch.”

The two looked at him in shock then burst into laughter. Mark cackled, “He really is a loser.”

Jinyoung pouted. “Whatever, it’s fine! And I’m sorry about after school. I have other plans.”


During class, Jisoo stared out the window again and caught a glance of Jinyoung playing basketball. She began to breathe erratically as her cheeks turned bright pink. She couldn’t get her eyes off of him. What should I do?! The sound of him breathing through the cup is stuck in my head!

“Kim Jisoo!” the teacher yelled again.


Since then, a few days have passed. I haven’t been able to meet Jinyoung-oppa after that, and the final exams before summer vacation are going to start soon…

“Math really is the worst,” Jisoo yelled aloud as she walked around the streets after school.

“Jisoo, you’re good at everything else, but math really isn’t your thing.” Jennie walked beside her.

“Jennie… I think math just isn’t a ,” Jisoo said seriously.

Jennie looked at her friend in confusion. “Bwo?”

Raising a fist in the air, Jisoo’s eyes twinkled. “Korean language has literary master/love poem !! Classical literature and history has Joseon period  or men in uniform !! Science has lab coat , but math doesn’t have this so it’s a problem!”

“Aah…” Jennie said weakly, trying to sound like she understands.

Jisoo pounced on Jennie. “Please help me study!”

“Not a chance. It’s all your fault since you’re not paying attention in class.” Jennie accidentally saw a familiar figure through one of the store’s windows, making her grin. “Jisoo, you being absent-minded during math class isn’t just because it’s math, right?”

“Bwo?” Letting her go, Jisoo tilted her head.

“That!” Jennie pointed at the store window, making Jisoo’s eyes widen.

… Bwo?! Jisoo covered  with her hands. “Jinyoung-oppa?! Wae?! Part-time work?!”

Jennie shrugged. “Who knows? But if he’s a shop assistant, then you can listen to his voice as much as you like. Kaja!” She started to head in.

“W- Wait a minute!”

Sighing, Jennie turned to face her friend. “What is it now?”

“I’m not weird, am I?” Jisoo blushed as she tried to fix her hair. “My hair’s a mess a- and I’ve been sweating so I might smell bad…”

Surprised by her sudden cuteness, Jennie linked arms with Jisoo and dragged her in the store. “Gwenchana, gwenchana. Come on, let’s go!”

“E- Eh?!” Jisoo began to panic as she walked in, hearing the store’s bell that announced their arrival. What should I do?! My heart isn’t prepared!!

“Welcome,” Jinyoung turned to greet the customers. “Eh? Jisoo-ssi?” He looked surprised at the unexpected visitors.

Waaahh!!! Jisoo hid behind Jennie as she turned bright pink. She began to form cold sweat. “U- Umm… I- It’s just a coincidence. We just happened to be passing by…”

“…” He looked at her acting weird. “There are two of you, right?” He turned around. “Right this way.”

Jisoo jumped. An automatic worker response!!

The two followed Jinyoung to their seats. Once they were seated, he headed behind the counter to get things to set up their table. “Jinyoung, are they someone you know?” his boss asked.

As he poured two glasses of water, he responded, “Lower-classmen from my school.”

“Ahhh…”


“Did you know he was working part-time?” Jennie asked as she looked over at Jinyoung working.

Jisoo shook her head. “Not at all…” He’s probably doing it to help his family… he’s really hard working…

“Have you decided on your order?” Jinyoung placed the cups of water on their table, startling Jisoo.

“Umm…” Jisoo fidgeted as her cheeks began to burn. It’s like I’m getting worked up over nothing… “A- A berry soda…”

Jennie looked at her adorable friend, and smirked. She turned to Jinyoung. “She’d also like to speak with you, Jinyoung-ssi.”

Jisoo gasped. Jennie, yah!!

Jennie smiled all innocent. “Go on, say something.”

“What is it?” Jinyoung asked.

Waah~ Otteoke?! Jisoo began to form cold sweat again. “U- Umm!” He tilted his head, waiting for what’s getting her all worked up. With courage, she looked up at him. “Are you working part-time here?!”

“Ne, that’s right,” he simply replied.

She hung her head in defeat. Why couldn’t I think of anything else…

“Ah, I’d also like a berry soda~” Jennie forced a laugh, trying to act natural as her best friend wallowed at her own stupidity.

“Certainly.” Jinyoung scribbled on his notepad, and walked behind the counter.

Jisoo clenched her hands together. I want to talk to him some more… But ever since that day, I feel like something has changed. I wonder what it is…


“Thank you for waiting.” Jinyoung placed the drinks at their table.

“Omo!” Jisoo got startled as she was busy working on her math supplement book. When she looked at their order, she smiled brightly. “K- Kyeopta (cute)~!” There were two slices of berry cakes in addition to their drinks.

Jennie smiled as well. “Wah~ But we didn’t order any cake.”

The boss slung an arm over Jinyoung’s shoulders. He winked at the girls and flashed a peace sign. “For such cute ladies, it’s on the house! I’m shop manager, Taecyeon.”

“Stop it, hyung…” Jinyoung broke free of his boss’ hold. “This guy’s a natural casanova, so be careful.”

Taecyeon forced a laugh. “Yah, yah, that’s cruel~” Placing his hands on his hips, he sighed. “You used to be so cute when you were small.”

“Bwo?” Jisoo tilted her head.

Jinyoung placed his hands in his pockets. “We’ve known each other for a long time and I’m temporarily helping him with the store.” Looking irritated, he nudged his boss away. “It’s find already, just go.”

Jisoo smiled at the sight. This is a new facial expression of Jinyoung-oppa…

Taecyeon walked away, but not without winking at them first. “Good luck with studying~”

Jinyoung looked disgusted, as Jisoo politely smiled and waved at him. Jennie’s heart skipped a beat towards the cheesiness. Once Taecyeon was out of sight, Jennie took a sip of her drink, as she said nonchalantly, “Jinyoung-ssi, you should cheer up Jisoo.”

“Eh?” He raised an eyebrow at the request.

“Jennie?!” Jisoo panicked.

“It looks like Jisoo needs some so she can study.” Jennie smiled. “Just say a word that you think will motivate Jisoo.”

Is it… Is it okay for me to get that kind of reward?! Jisoo looked at him in anticipation. There was a glint in her eye, as she began to salivate from excitement. But if he wants to say it, I really want to hear it!!! Clearing , her heart began to beat quickly. She brushed her hair behind her ear as she waited.

“Dear guest.” Jinyoung leaned in, and spoke softly, making her ear twitch. He forced a smile. “In this establishment, we don’t offer that kind of service.”

Breaking out of her reverie, Jisoo smiled back stiffly. Once he walked away, she slumped over her math problems. Picking up her pencil, she began to sadly work again. Of course. So… The next one.

“Ah.” Turning around, he walked back and hovered over her. “However, dear guest…” Looking at her workbook, he pointed at a problem. “Here. You made a mistake. It’s not a plus, it’s a minus.” He was so close; especially his mouth being very near her ear. Turning bright pink, she became hyper-aware of the situation and felt his whole presence; the warmth of his body, the breath near her ear. He lowered even more to face her. “Jisoo-ssi?”

Her eyes widened, as she spoke softly, “Goma… wo…”

“Not at all.” And with that, he walked away.

Once he was gone, she trembled and collapsed on the table. She buried her face under her arms. “Aigoo~ I can’t do this~”

“Jisoo…” Jennie smiled.

“My heart’s going strange!” Jisoo muffled. “He was so close~” Her heart was going crazy. “I might never be able to do math again~”

“Now I wonder who’s the natural casanova,” Jennie teased.

Sure enough, something has started to change.


“I’m returning the test,” the teacher announced the next day.

Jisoo picked up her paper, and smiled as she looked at it. Assa! I avoided failing math!! She happily ran up to Jennie in the hallway. “It’s all thanks to you!”

Jennie smiled, as she patted her friend’s head. “Aigoo~ I’m very proud. But I’m a bit curious…” She continued to walk. “How could Jinyoung-ssi catch that mistake after a quick glance? I mean, I’m sure he went over it since he’s a second year, but that was seriously fast.”

“Hmm…” Jisoo tapped her chin with her index finger as she followed. “Besides that, he was working part-time just before the exams so he didn’t have time to study at all, right?”

Something caught Jennie’s eye, making her stop. “Jisoo.”

“Hm?”

“Look who had the best results for the second years.”

Bwo? Her eyes scanned the test result ranking posted on the hallway bulletin. Her eyes widened when she saw Jinyoung’s name at the top.

“Who even is Jinyoung-ssi?” Jennie asked in amazement.

When I think about it, I don’t know anything about him…


Back at the cafe, Taecyeon called out, “Jinyoung.”

Jinyoung stopped washing the dishes, and turned to face his boss. “You finished with the recent job interview?”

“Don’t give me that look.” Taecyeon sighed. “I settled on the boy.”

“Good.” Hearing the news, Jinyoung continued cleaning. “Because I’ve had enough of you calling me in every time. You make a new girl quit because you made a move on her. This casanova…”

A sweat drop formed on Taecyeon’s forehead, as he forced a laugh. “Cassanova hah… But still, those two were really cute.”

Jinyoung’s eyebrow twitched at the comment. He turned off the sink, and turned to face his boss. Grabbing a towel, he dried his hands. “… Those two?”

“Your lower-classmen~” Taecyeon replied in a sing-song voice. Jinyoung glared. “Ara!” Taecyeon laughed with his hands in the air in defeat. “I was joking!”

“Okay, but just stop please,” Jinyoung sighed. “Don’t you dare lay your hands on them.”

“Hmm?” Taecyeon smirked. “Hey, about that… Which one did you have in mind?”

Jinyoung’s cheeks turned bright pink. “Bwo?” Looking away, he muttered. “… Both of them…”


One sunny afternoon at Jisoo's apartment…

“Assa! I completed the event!! Event pictures are the best!” Jisoo squealed happily as she looked at her phone. She laid on the living room couch, as her legs kicked in excitement. However, that feeling quickly died, as her legs dropped, and she slumped on the couch. She sighed. Summer vacation started a week ago and I haven’t met him once… Sitting up, she looked at the wall the couch was up against. He should be right on the other side of this wall… What kind of person is Jinyoung-oppa? He sounds like Add, is living alone with his mother, likes sweet things, and he’s good at studying… I only know this much. Even if he’s living next door, he’s so far… She collapsed on her back, lying back down on the couch. Before I realized it, Jinyoung-oppa was all I could think about. I want to know more about him…

“Jisoo, if you have time to be lazing around, then go hang up the laundry.” Jisoo’s mom walked in carrying the freshly dried laundry in a basket.

Jisoo shot up and grabbed the basket, surprising her mother. “Ne, ne! I’ll do it!” Sliding the door to the balcony, she hummed happily. I’ll follow Jinyoung-oppa’s example of being responsible! After a while of hanging the laundry, she heard a pleasant sound as the neighbor’s sliding door opened. Her ears perked at the sound.

“Aish… This was supposed to be hand washed.”

This voice… Her heart skipped a beat, as her cheeks turned pink. Jinyoung-oppa! Should I be quiet and not disturb him as he work- eh? A cicada landed on her hand, making her scream out loud. “AHHHHHH!!” Startled by the noise, Jinyoung paused, and looked at the dividing wall in alarm. She gasped. Aish… She stood in awkward silence.

“… Jisoo-ssi? Are you over there?” he called to the other side.

She flinched. “Ah… umm.”

“Wait… Seriously?”

I can’t stand this! This is so awkward… A sweat drop formed on her forehead. After another moment of silence, curiosity got the best of her. Leaning over the balcony ledge, she peeked at the other side. Did he leave? Both of their eyes widened when they came face to face since Jinyoung also did the same. “Omo!” She quickly backed away, and he did as well.

With cheeks pink, he averted his eyes. “Mianhe. I didn’t mean to peer.”

“Nado,” she replied. “I had no intention of eavesdropping… Eh?” She heard the pleasant sound again. “Wind chimes?”

“Ah ne. The previous owner left it here.”

“It sounds nice.” She relaxed hearing the chimes as she felt the gentle breeze.

He smiled gently at her. “Ne.”

Her cheeks turned bright pink as her heart skipped a beat. “Hey, would you like to play a word game?”

“Eh?”

It doesn’t matter about what. I just want to talk to him some more… She laughed nervously. “It’s not like you have anything better to do when you’re hanging up laundry. And it’s not the ordinary word game; it’s the one where you take the last two letters-“

“Ah. You mean the next person has to start the word with the two letters the previous word ended with?”

“Maja!” She smiled brightly. “Let’s go!” Like this I can listen to his voice for a while! And with that, the two began to play while hanging laundry. “Ok then, bathrobe.”

“… So mine must start with be- right? Beach.”

Ch… Cherries!”

Essence.”

Cesium.”

“Waah~ that’s a pretty hard word.” He said, impressed by her vocabulary. “So now I have to start with um-?”

“That’s the rules!” she smirked.

“Ok then, umbrella.”

Somehow, I’m really enjoying this. Lace,” she easily replied back.

Ce-ce-… Huh.” Feeling stumped, he paused his work and crossed his arms. “For some reason, not many words starting with ce- is popping in my head.” He chuckled softly. “It’s probably since Jisoo-ah shocked me with the sudden cesium word. Ah! Cedar!”

Besides that… Leaning over to look at him, she asked, “When did you start speaking with me in such a casual tone?”

His eyes widened, as he covered his mouth with a hand. “Mianhe… yo…”

“Gwenchana,” she smiled brightly. “I’m glad, oppa!” Since the distance has shortened, I’ve really started to fall for him.

He stayed fixated on her smile. After staring a beat too long, he turned away before she can notice his cheeks turning pink. “… Jisoo-ah, it’s your turn next.”

At first it was his voice, however… “… Armadillo,” she replied after thinking a bit.

Cello.”

“Hmm, lo-lo-…” She racked her brain for a word until a sudden realization hit her. Her eyes widened, as her cheeks began to warm. Now it’s… Hearing the wind chimes again, she turned to that direction to see him looking back at her with a gentle face. Now it’s… Feeling her heart swell, she said with soft smile, “Love."

(A/N: Thank you so much for the support and love for this story! Hoped you enjoyed the new chapter, and don't forget to subscribe and comment!!)