Chapter 15

Fantasic Randomness

"Miki, you're here." Donghae right away walked to her but then turned to look at Minhyuk who was standing beside Miki.
"Who's this?" Donghae asked.

Minhyuk cleared his throat a bit and offered his hand. "I'm Miki's boyfriend.. Min..Minwoo." he lied.

Donghae stared at Minhyuk blankly for a while. He had honestly started believeing that he could have a chance with Miki, but all his hopes crushed now. "...boyfriend?" Donghae asked.

Minhyuk nodded.
"Sorry I didn't tell you earlier.." Miki said and walked pass Donghae to where Eunhyuk was.
"I already took the test, all we need to do now is test Aya too." Eunhyuk said looking down. "We can have the results in a week."
"Okay..." Miki said.

"Just go in, the doctor is waiting." Leeteuk said pointing at a door. Miki nodded and walked in with Aya.

Minhyuk looked around him awkwardly, hoping that the guys won't recognize him. "So.. how long have you been together with Miki?" Donghae asked bitterly.

"Uhh... something like 6 months I think." Minhyuk thought of what to say.
"6 months huh? Are you planning to marry her?" Leeteuk asked.
"Well.. that... we will see." Minhyuk said and glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Eunhyuk, if you are really Aya's father.. are you gonna accept this guy as her step daddy?" Leeteuk joked.
Eunhyuk glanced at Minhyuk then back down and played with his fingers.

"You must make sure he is a good guy don't you?" Leeteuk continued his joking.
No one responded. But after a while Donghae sighed, he wasn't in a very good mood right now. "Hyung... I think that's enough.. it's not a good athmosphere for joking."

"Fine then.. sorry." Leeteuk shrugged.

-----------------------------------------------------------

At home Muffy was sitting by the table, looking out of the window. Beni was already asleep.

Muffy thought about what had happened today, about Yonghwa, about Minhyuk about Miki's situation.

Minhyuk seems like such a nice person. He is so considerate, kind, funny and cute too. And Beni likes him a lot. It would be nice to have someone like him.. it really would.
Without even noticing Muffy was smiling like crazy by herself in the dark kitchen.

Wait? What am I thinking about? He wouldn't probably want to be tied up like this with a kid with me too.. ahh Muffy stop being like some little teenage girl crushing over a boy because of small acts of kindness or a cute face. I don't even know him that well..

 

Miki and Aya came out a short while later. Aya was still sleeping to Minhyuk's amazement.

"Minwoo Oppa." Miki walked up to Minhyuk.

Minhyuk stood up from the waiting room chairs.

"Do you mind watching Aya? I think I should talk with Eunhyuk." Miki asked.
"Sure. Take you time." Minhyuk replied.


Minhyuk took Aya from Miki. While Aya was switching from Miki to Minhyuk Aya moved knocking Minhyuk's glasses and hat onto the floor. Donghae, Leeteuk, and Eunhyuk looked at Minhyuk hoping to catch a glimpse of what Minhyuk looked like. Minhyuk prayed they didn't notice him.

"I'll get it." Miki bent down and grabbed his hat and glasses.
"Doesn't he look like CN Blue's Minhyuk a little bit?" Leeteuck noticed.

Minhyuk used his acting skills to not make any emotions. Miki quickly put his hat on Minhyuk's head and gently fixed the glasses on his face.

"I think so too." Miki smiled. "From certain angles Minwoo looks like CN Blue's Minhyuk. But I learned my lesson about celebrities after Eunhyuk. I wouldn't date another celebrity, let alone an idol." Miki leaned and pretended to kiss Minhyuk's cheek after fixing his hat and outfit. "I like that Minwoo's normal and not some rich idol who pays off girls or flaunts around his masculinity."
"Thanks." Minhyuuk hugged Miki.

Minhyuk prayed that Miki couldn't feel his fast heart beat. He was blushing from Miki's near kiss on the cheek.

Donghae looked to the side, not wanting to look Minhyuk and Miki. Eunhyuk did the same.

"I'll take Aya to the car. She'll be more comfortable there, so take your time with Eunhyuk-sshi." Minhyuk told Miki. "I'll meet you there."
"Sure. Thanks." Miki nodded.

Minhyuk took Aya and waited for the elevator. Miki turned to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk stood up and handed Miki a paper.

"So umm..." Eunhyuk couldn't look at Miki to speak.

Eunhyuk had a horrible feeling in his gut that Aya was really his child. Truthfully after Miki reminded him of the fanmeet Eunhyuk remembered sleeping and dancing with Miki. He didn't say anything about it to anyone because he was scared.

"Come to my apartment tomorrow night to talk." Eunhyuk told Miki. "It's safer there than here. Also I don't want Super Junior to be involved too much. It's my problem not theirs."
"Fine." Miki nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Miki ran to Minhyuk and Aya just as the elevator doors were about to close.

"So what happened?" Minhyuk asked once inside the car.
"The test right?" Miki said as Minhyuk helped her with her seat belt. "They just swabbed Aya's cheek. In about a week the results will be out, so we can meet here to get out results. That's all."
"And Eunhyuk Sunbaenim?" Minhyuk asked.
"He said to meet him tomorrow night, so I can go home now." Miki replied.

 

~~~bingblingshalalaboomboombingelibooo~~ Muffy's phone rang in the middle of the night while she was sleeping.

Muffy reached for her phone on the bedside table without opening her eyes. She was half asleep half awake.
".......... h-h-h-hellooooo............" Muffy mumbled on the phone answering it.

"Sorry, were you sleeping? This is Minhyuk." Minhyuk said on the other side.
"Mmm... kind of...." Muffy yawned.
"I'm so sorry for waking you up, but I will make this really quick so you can sleep again." Minhyuk apologized.
"Mmhmm ..it's okay.." Muffy replied.

"Yeah.. so.. I talked with Yonghwa just now and he says he wants to do the paternity test tomorrow. Will it be okay if you brought Beni to take the test in the afternoon?" Minhyuk asked.
Muffy finally opened her eyes. "He really is willing to do it?! Yes, of course.. Beni and I will come tomorrow for the test." she said.

"Okay, good. I will send you the address of the hospital by text message, so just go back to sleep." Minhyuk told her.
"Okay, thank you." Muffy said.
"Good night." Minhyuk said.
"Good night." Muffy said too and hung up the phone. Then put the phone back on the bedside table and pulled the covers back on and started sleeping.

--------------------------

Next afternoon Muffy stood in front of the hospital where she and Beni were to meet Yonghwa and Minhyuk.

This is the day I have been waiting for isn't it? For Yonghwa to finally take a paternity test... for him possibly finally start accepting Beni as his son... Muffy took a deep breath then looked at her son.

"Let's go then." Muffy said.
"I don't want. I hate doctors!" Beni refused to move.
"Beni. It will be fine.. let's go now, your appa is waiting." Muffy sighed knowing how Beni hated going to the doctors.

"I DON'T WANT!!" Beni yelled.

"Who is this strange person yelling here so loudly?" suddenly they heard Minhyuk's voice behind them. Beni and Muffy turned around. Minhyuk and Yonhwa were standing there.

Minhyuk crouched down on Beni's level and put his hand on his shoulder. "I know that you don't like going to see the doctor. But I promise, it will not hurt. And I bet that the doctor is really nice, who knows, maybe they will even give you some candy."
"Candy?" Beni stared at Minhyuk.
"Yeah..." Minhyuk smiled and got up. "So what if we go inside now hm?"

"NO!! Beni will not go inside!!!" Beni yelled again.
"Beni is really scared of going to see doctors." Muffy told, then crouched down to Beni too.
"Beni baby. Let's go hm? You are already a big boy, big boys don't yell like this do they?" Muffy said.

"But I hate .... I don't want." Beni pouted.

"Beni... seems like you and me are the same. I hate doctors too.. i'm scared too." for Muffy and Minhyuk's surprise Yonghwa came to Beni.
Beni stared at Yonghwa wide eyed. "Appa you hate doctors too?"
"Yeah.. i've never liked going to the doctor. But sometimes we got to face our fears and just go meet them. So what do you say, should we go?" Yonghwa said looking at Beni.

Beni shook his head.
"Well, okay then..do as you please but I will go inside." Yonghwa said and headed to the doors.
Beni watched his father walking for a moment but then ran to him. "Appa, I will go too!"

Muffy and Minhyuk followed. Muffy felt happy that Yonghwa was interacting with Beni now more than before and not only pushing him away.

"Do you know if taking the test will hurt?" Yonghwa asked Muffy.
"I'm not sure.. I hope not much.." Muffy pondered not knowing about the test too well.
"It won't hurt. They will just swab your cheek a bit, that's all." Minhyuk replied remembering what Miki had told him yesterday.

"How would you know? You took this test before?" Yonghwa frowned.
"No. I've just done some research that's all." Minhyuk said.

 

Meanwhile Miki arrived with Aya at a familiar apartment. Miki texted Eunhyuk of her arrival.

"I hate this place." Miki said when she looked at Eunhyuk's apartment building.

Miki could see sasaeng fans surrounding the building. There were less sasaengs at Eunhyuk's apartment compared to the Super Junior dorm, but there was still a heavy number of fans. Miki was lucky she had Aya, so she could freely enter both building without being a suspect of Super Junior's girlfriend.

"Excuse me." Miki pushed through the crowd of sasaengs.
"Block her!" Someone shouted.

In front a few sasaengs blocked the door. The girl in the middle glared at Miki dangerously.

"I saw you at the Super Junior dorm yesterday and at the SM building before that. What's your relation to Super Junior and Eunhyuk?" The girl glared dangerously at Miki.
"I'm a dancer and that's it. I'm here because I accidentally left my daughter's things at the dorm and Eunhyuk requested I come here to get it." Miki replied.
"Where's the proof? You could be lying." Another girl shouted from the crowd that now blocked Miki from behind forming a circle.
Miki looked at the girls in disbelief. "I'm not interested in your Super Junior members. I'm happily married with a kid."

Miki held up her left hand. On Miki's marriage finger was a ring. The girls suspiciously looked at Miki and Aya. Miki was slightly thankful that she had worn a ring on her ring finger today. She occasionally did that when she went places with Aya and she didn't want to be hit on by guys.

"Mommy cold." Aya told Miki.

Miki put Aya down on the floor and took off her own jacket and wrapped Aya in her jacket before picking her up again.

"Bring her inside she must be freezing." Eunhyuk cut through the blockage of sasaengs to Miki. "Sorry, I didn't think they'd bother you." Miki stared at Eunhyuk. "Let's go inside and you can call your husband to come and pick you up. I have her things upstairs too."

Eunhyuk pulled Miki and Aya through the crowd of sasaengs into the building.

"If they hurt Aya I swear I'll kill you." Miki said when they got into the elevator.

Eunhyuk led Miki and Aya into his apartment. Miki looked around at the familiar room. The apartment looked like it had been recently cleaned.

Miki put Aya down on the couch. Eunhyuk the TV and played a cartoon movie for her so he and Miki could talk. Miki pulled out her toys to play with. Aya comfortably watched the movie while Eunhyuk and Miki sat at the dinner table.

"I-" Eunhyuk started. "I-I- So if Aya really is my child than what do I do?"
"Acknowledge her. Take her out to dinner, come visit her, play with her, spend some time with her. Birthdays, school events, and holidays come to see her. Be her father and get close to her." Miki replied.
"What if I don't know how?" Eunhyuk asked.
"There is no proper way to be a father. Just do what you think it fatherly. Treat Aya nicely like your Appa treated you." Miki replied.

Eunhyuk sat quietly in thought. Miki sat quietly waiting for Eunhyuk to finish thinking. She knew it was scary to think of having a child since she felt the same when she found out she was pregnant.

"What do I do?" Eunhyuk's question came out as a whisper. "My family, Super Junior..."
"You'll have to tell them." Miki said as nicely as she could. "If you don't when they find out later they'll get mad."

"I know you're scared. I was too, but this is reality and we can't change anything. We need to find a way to live with it." Miki took Eunhyuk's hands that were shaking on the table. "If you need help I'm here. I'm stuck in the same boat with you."

"Mommy hungry." Aya said from the couch and pointed at her stomach.
"Okay." Miki replied.

"Can I make dinner?" Miki asked Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk nodded.

Miki went to the kitchen searching for ingredients to make food. Eunhyuk looked at Aya playing on the couch while watching the movie. He got up and went to sit by Aya. Aya handed Eunhyuk a doll and continued playing.

Eunhyuk looked at the doll. So what do I do? Aya's my daughter, I'm 90% sure of it, but Miki. It's not like the movies where she wants to be my wife, she already has a boyfriend. I think it would have been easier if she actually wanted to marry me. What do I do? If I tell my parents they'll want me to marry Miki and they'll be really upset with me. SM, they'll probably kick me out of the company. Am I ready for this?

Eunhyuk slowly began to play with Aya. Miki was watching as she made dinner. She smiled knowing Eunhyuk was going to be a good daddy.