Anxiety (Nayeon/JiHyo)

ONESHOT TWICE

The clock on the wall became her enemy, and every movement of the second hand was another blow to her heart. Her lover was late. Nayeon promised to be home at five, but now it was a quarter to nine. She called Nayeon's office and they confirmed that she left at the usual time.
So where was she?
JiHyo was fifteen minutes away from calling a nearby hospital.
Her nails were slowly cut off by her teeth in an explosion of nervous energy.
Did she crash the car? Was she injured or, worse, dead?
JiHyo didn't want to think about it, but she had no choice but to think. She valiantly tried to push the painful thoughts out of her mind, instead thinking about other reasons for her wife's tardiness.
JiHyo tried to think of why Nayeon was late.
Maybe she decided to take a walk, as she likes to do when she wants to clear her thoughts and not come home nervous.
Maybe she met an old friend and they talked about the past? Although, JiHyo is well aware of all the “past” NaYeons, and knowing them, she rejected this option of delay.
There may be any other reasons, just not ending with the death of his beloved wife.
JiHyo's gaze turned back to the wall clock, disappointed that the minute hand had only moved one notch.
Why did time pass so slowly during times of crisis?
The phone suddenly trilled loudly, its shrill ringing breaking the silence. She rushed to the phone, her hand shaking visibly as she lifted the receiver to her ear.
Is this good news or bad?
Swallowing, JiHyo took a deep breath and answered in a calm voice, sure that it was her Nayeon calling
"Hello, honey, what took you so long?"
“Sorry, but I’m not your wife, Jisoo,” her mother sang in a cheerful tone.
"Mom, something happened, why are you calling so late? " She asked politely, wanting the conversation to be over quickly.
"Nothing special, I’m just calling on your birthday to say how happy I am that I have you."
JiHyo was so worried about Nayeon that she forgot about her birthday.
“I should be the one congratulating you for giving birth to me, mom.”
“You, as always, know how to flatter, Jisoo,” my mother laughed, flattered by the words. “I’m curious, what did Nayeon give you?” – with the question asked by her mother, JiHyo heard a car stop near the house.
“I’ll tell you charmingly as soon as unnie gives you something,” JiHyo said hastily, “Nayeon just arrived, sorry, I can’t talk longer, then...
"Yes, yes, of course, go meet your wife."
JiHyo practically no longer heard her mother, her hearing was completely focused on the key, easily entering the lock and opening the door. As soon as she saw Nayeon's face, she ran and threw herself into her lover's arms, forcing the woman to drop everything to catch her.
"Baby, why are you rushing at me so suddenly? Scared me."
"It was you who scared me, Nayeon. Why don't you call and say you'll be late? It's almost 9 o'clock!" Hands on your sides, demanding an answer from your beloved, but almost melting from a light kiss on your temple.
“Sorry, I had to pick up something, but it was in another part of the city,” Nayeon answered, kissing her beloved on the corner of again, taking a step back, leaning over, rummaging in her bag, which she threw down after a passionate hug from JiHyo.
"What was so important that you didn’t write or call me?"
“Of course it’s your gift, honey,” she smiled softly, finally finding a flower arrangement."For the most beautiful and desirable girl in the world. Thank you for having me, JiHyo", handing the flowers to JiHyo, she leaned over and kissed him on the lips, holding the kiss. " Oh, yes, I almost forgot", she suddenly pulled away and began rummaging through her pockets until she found the thing needed.
"Baby, the most valuable gift is your heart, your love, I don’t need anything else... What a beauty, what..."
“My heart,” Nayeon whispered shyly, “please keep it carefully.” Walking around her, Nayeon hung a tiny heart-shaped pendant encrusted with diamonds around her neck. "Happy birthday, my love."