The Next Morning

A Simple Distraction

Jungkook woke up first, head throbbing softly but persistently from the night before. He took a few moments to recognise his surroundings as Rebecca’s apartment, before realising that there was an unfamiliar weight in his arms. Looking down, he could see the top of her head against his chest and his arms wrapped securely around her. They definitely had not fallen asleep like that, but that was how they woke up. He debated extracting himself to save the young girl embarrassment from their position but could not bring himself to.

 

Allowing himself to be selfish, Jungkook appreciated the feeling of holding her. Her soft body lined up against his own and even just the smell of her was enough to make him giddy. With a sinking feeling he realised that he had grown hard. All from some touching? Or maybe he had woken up like that. The last thing Jungkook wanted was to creep Rebecca out with a hard on. Especially because he truly hoped they could do this again.

 

Trying to be discreet the singer began to tense his feet and the muscles in his calves as much as possible. He knew from experience with ill-timed s that this was a good way to make them go down. As he did that, he let his mind wander to last night. He could not deny how much he enjoyed simply speaking with Rebecca. s would probably call him a sap but it was true, and he would for sure be spending more time with her. He was going to make the most of the months that they had on break. Perhaps by the end of the trip (or even sooner) the novelty would have worn off so he could go back to Korea and live as he had done before.

 

Rebecca began to stir in his arms, and Jungkook could have sighed in relief when he realised that his “friend” had gone back down. One less awkward situation to face.

“Jooheon?” Her voice was drowsy with sleep and adorably confused.

“Good morning.” He decided to test the waters and press a kiss to her head. She did not pull away which Jungkook took as a solid win. It just felt so natural to him, and he hoped it did for her as well.

 

The girl pulled away slightly and looked down, letting out a small sigh of relief when she realised he was still clothed. Rebecca cuddled back into his chest, happy when she felt his arms tighten once more around her.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For not doing anything while we slept.” Rebecca said it like it should be obvious, but Jungkook was dumfounded.

“Of course I did not. Not while you were asleep.” He hoped that his voice conveyed the shock that he felt at such a suggestion. “Have… men done it before?” He was not sure he wanted an answer.

 

“Um. Kind of? Just some stuff, nothing serious.” But Jungkook was not going to accept the attempt at a dismissal.

“Was any of that stuff consensual?”

“I mean I was asleep so… No?”

“That is ed up. I cannot believe that anyone would do that, did you confront them?” As he said that Jungkook cursed himself. It was not always that easy for people in those situations to just confront perpetrators.

“I asked why but one guy said that I should just take what I can get and be flattered.” Rebecca shrugged a shoulder.

 

“You don’t believe that do you?”

“Not anymore, but at the time I did.”

“I promise I would never do anything like that to you.” He pushed her away a little bit so he could look into her eyes as he spoke, trying to get his sincerity across.

“I know, you seem like a good person.” She smiled, gentle and genuine. Now that he was looking at her face, Jungkook noticed that she had marks on it from his shirt buttons. They must have slept in that position for a while for her to get those deep red indents. Despite the conversation they were just having he huffed out a laugh at how it looked. Seeing Rebecca’s bewildered expression he shook his head.

“You need to look at your face in the mirror.”

 

She carefully got out of bed, tiptoeing on her injured foot, and stood in front of the lone mirror in the main room. A laugh escaped from her at the markings.

“Well hopefully that goes away before long.”

“It will. I am sorry, I had no idea we were in such a position.” Rebecca waved off his concerns with a smile.

“I slept better than I have in a long time, so do not apologise.”

 

Since she had left the bed, Jungkook felt rude staying so got up as well. He let out a groan as he stretched his hands above his head, smirking internally when he caught her eyeing the skin that exposed. Maybe he held that position for longer than was strictly necessary as a result.

 

“Do you have work today?” He asked eventually.

“It is a Sunday, so nope!”

“I lose track of the days of the week sometimes.” Jungkook admitted sheepishly. “I was asking because I would like to take you out for breakfast. I assume you have recommendations of places to go? Preferbly somewhere that is not too busy.” He wanted to alleviate the risk of being recognised as much as possible, and ignored Jin’s voice inside his head that lectured him on eating with someone in public at all.

“I imagine your head hurts as well?” Rebecca said sympathetically, “I would love to have breakfast. I know a good place as well.”

 

Plans decided on, Jungkook asked to borrow a towel so he could at least wipe his face and feel a little fresher. He was shown where everything was in the bathroom and left in there while Rebecca changed in the main area. The singer took the opportunity to look at his phone, pleased that it was still morning at least. Then he caught sight of the numerous messages from Yoongi and swallowed nervously. He pocketed his phone again, not willing to subject himself to those just yet. A quick toilet flush and face wash later he was back with Rebecca, ready to leave the apartment on their next outing. He did not allow himself to think too much before he caught her hand in his own. Jungkook smiled triumphantly when she did not pull away.