Don't disappear

GOTTEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So nice to see your face again
Tell me how long has it been
Since you’ve been here
You look so different than before
But still the person I adore
Frozen with fear
I’m out of love but I’ll take it from the past
I’ll let out words cause I’m sure it’ll never last

-

Wheein swirled the half empty glass of brandy making the ice clunked on the side. The music thumped shaking the walls of the bar she’s into, it was deafening but not loud enough to drown her thoughts. She can still feel the heat of the woman’s body when she was enveloped in her soft arms, Wheein decided that alcohol was not enough. She picked up her glass and emptied the content in one swig. Wheein raised her glass a little and alerted the bartender.

“One more,” the bartender nodded at her and went to mix another drink for her. She shut her eyes and the events of the day played behind her lids for the hundredth time.

-

“Wheein-ah! Is that you? Hold up!” Wheein’s heart automatically jumped out of her chest. She knew that voice too well, it was the one she was trying to forget all these years and if Wheein was being honest it was he voice she was yearning to hear. Back still turned she slowed down her pace and allowed the woman to catch up. Her ears rang so bad she started to feel nauseous. Every step the other woman took felt like a punch to her gut. The hand on her shoulder made Wheein shudder, suddenly she’s nineteen again.

“You still walk fast even wearing those heels?” Before Wheein can think of a witty retort she was spun around and was engulfed in a tight embrace. She closed her eyes and begged her heart to calm down,  afraid that the older woman would feel the chaos in her chest. 

“Yongsun-unnie,” she whispered. Wheein sensed Yongsun’s smile. The hug lasted for few more seconds before the taller woman let go from the embrace but still held both of her hands. Inevitably face to face Wheein tried to look everywhere else but Yongsun.

"How have you been?” Yongsun gave a little tug on her hands. Like a black hole all the light, Wheein was compelled to look at her in the face. Yongsun’s shoulder length rose quartz hair was replaced by a long black wavy hair cascading to her waist. Pink lip gloss now a dark shade of red, how long has it been?

As if sensing her thoughts, Yongsun gave a small squeeze on her hands. “How long has it been? Five years? You’ve grown so much!” The older  woman released her right hand and proceeded to pinch her face. Wheein caught a glimpse of Yongsun’s left hand.

-

And I’ve been saving
These last words for one last miracle
But now I’m not sure
I can’t save you if
You don’t let me
You just get me like I never 
Been gotten before 

-

The bartender slid a new glass in front of Wheein coaxing her to open  her eyes to thank him. Her eyes landed on the cream envelope stuck out of her bag. She wanted to tore it to million pieces, shredding it would perhaps erase its existence. 

-

Before Yongsun can touch her face, Wheein saved herself and stepped backwards.

“I’m good!” Wheein forced herself to smile. 

“How are you unnie?” At this, Yongsun beamed at her that megawatt smile like the first ray of sunshine after a horrendous storm. 

“Never better! I can’t believe I’ll meet you again at the most perfect timing!” Yongsun jumped like an excited bunny. Some things will never change.

“Wheein-ah! Look at you, you’re so beautiful!” Yongsun gave her a once over. The younger woman sported a beige suit, coat kept ed, black sleeveless shirt inside paired with her black high heel doll shoes. The last time Yongun saw her hair was a shade of brown, midback length with curly fringe but after what happened, the first thing Wheein did was chop off her long hair, dye it black, let her bangs grow. For five years Wheein never let her hair grew past her shoulders. Wheein tried to swallow the blush that started to creep out of her cheeks.

“Where are you going? Are you busy? Perhaps we can grab a cup of tea?” Yongsun looked at her with a hopeful smile. As much as Wheein wanted to avoid further interaction with her unnie she knew that it was time to face what she runaway from five years ago.

“It’s coffee now,” Wheein let her eyes wander away from Yong’s face. 

The older woman wore a short denim shorts almost disappearing from an oversized yellow hoodie partnered with knee length white boots.  Yongsun felt the gaze of the shorter woman and laughed.

“Sorry, I just came out from a dance rehearsal,” Wheein simply nodded and shifted her stare away from Yongsun’s left hand.

“You drink coffee now? Ah! My Wheeinie is all grown up,” Yongsun linked their arms and dragged her to the nearest coffee shop.

-

Maybe it’s the bitter wind
A chill from the Pacific Rim
That brought you this way
(that brought you my way)
Do not make me think of him
The way he touch your fragile skin
That haunts me everyday
I’m out of love but I can’t forget the past
I’m out of words but I’m sure it’ll never last

-

Wheein’s phone vibrated inside her blazer. She ignored it and took her drink instead. The phone vibrated again. She fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter