Chapter 2: I'll just workout on the weekend

Vous Et Moi

Solar and Irene just arrived at the right time where everybody else are also just arriving and the opening of the event. Irene has friends obviously outside class, unlike Solar. She has talked to some but not really typically hanging out friends. Irene was on her phone all this time maybe asking where her other friends are. They are really nice, Solar already talked to them before just usual conversations. Irene friends sometime later they arrived looking extremely prepared and well dressed. Solar looks at herself "Yikes"  she whispered to herself. They greeted her and made casual conversations such as, How have you been? Have you heard who's the DJ today? Have you seen the food?. You know very casual conversations. Typical to people just making a conversation to kill the awkward silence. Solar doesn't get it wrong and actually she's happy that since introduction is already over with Irene's friend she's not that awkward anymore. She's just very weird when she's the one who needs to introduce herself and actually make friends or just even socialize.

It's not that she's not sociable or anything, well kind of but not really. She just feels like most of the time she doesn't get Irene's friend humor. The flow of their conversation as she was forced to listen since she's "hanging out" or tagging along with them. What they find interesting or funny isn't something she doesn't really get. Irene has been her friend since freshman and she knows how she is by this time. But since Irene is someone who can easily blend with anyone, she automatically make friends and get whatever they're into.

When music started blasting from the speakers, Irene and her friends started walking and dancing to the center. Irene dragged Solar by pulling her hands. "You know I can't dance" she whispered half annoyed to Irene. "Oh c'mon people won't care, trust me." Irene told her as she was now dancing to the music. Solar danced awkwardly for about a minute or so and suddenly told Irene that she needed to use the washroom. "If I can't find you later. I'll just call you." she whispered to her, since the music was very loud. "Alright!" yelled at her as the sound of the speakers continues to blast.

She just made an excuse to finally get out of there. She's not really into parties and dancing definitely. She went to the washroom where she looks at herself in the mirror. Everybody else is wearing something fancy, glittery, shimmery, people who dressed edgy and they all look so good. While compared to her and her polo shirt and ripped jeans. She got no regrets though, she knows that she doesn't really need to wear something outrageous. She doesn't really care that much about this event actually. In fact last year so bad for her, she wished she didn't come. But since she's already here why not enjoy, the food of course. 

She arrived at the food table and immediately got herself a plate, she took one of each in her plate while bopping her head to the music. By that time the party was already in full blown and she's just starting to eat and taste every single bit of food in there. "I'll just workout on the weekend." she whispered to herself. She was fully in her own world when suddenly someone told her to chew the food. It's like she's getting dragged back to reality. Who is this person and why is she starting a conversation with me. Of course Solar didn't get offended by the comment of this girl she's not sociable but she knows she's not meant to offend a stranger like her. 

While they were talking Solar felt kinda comfortable with this person. Her humor is something she finds interesting and not bored of. It's really weird enjoying a strangers company. She's new to this but somehow she finds herself enjoying the conversation. When they finally got the chance to ask their names she's quite happy, she didn't even get to remember asking her since they are so into each others conversation. It felt like they already knew and doesn't need to ask. 

"Moonbyul" she repeated her name once more in her mind.

"Solar" Moonbyul repeated her name. "You really have a unique name." she told her, "Really? You're the first to tell me that. Usually people are just cool with it." Solar answered her. "Thanks by the way." she added. "Ah it's nothing." Moonbyul shook her head and smiled. "Oh I will show you something. Come follow me." Moonbyul suggested. Solar put down her plate which is almost empty already and walked after her. They went outside and she asked "Where?", Moonbyul answered and said "Look up.". As she slowly looks up she saw how round and beautiful the moon is that  night, and how the stars are twinkling, there's a lot present in the sky that night.

"Wow" Solar couldn't help but be in awe, "It's so beautiful." She added. Moonbyul just smiled and looked at her. "You know it's been a while since I looked in the sky at night. Before I always do, but not recently. I feel like I don't have the time to just stop and appreciate just like now." Solar said to her. "You can always have time for it, you just forgot." Solar looked at Moonbyul, she's right of course I have time, I just became so busy that I forgot how night time such as this makes the sky so incredibly beautiful and peaceful. "I honestly don't know how other people most likely and would rather enjoy indoors like those", she's pointing with to the place where they just got out. " than this." she looked up again. "Everyone is different. I think it's okay if we all prefer different choices, right?" Moonbyul answered her, "Yeah, of course I know about that." Solar looked at her and raised her eyebrows. "Okay what I meant to say is, it's really actually nice that people prefer different things, like none of us are exactly the same, right? Because that makes us unique", Solar answered her again, "you're right". "It's good to know that we both like looking at the sky at night but it doesn't mean that we're exactly alike, I love listening to rap musics, you?" She asked Solar. "Not really. I mean I don't hate it not just my cup of tea," she said. "Then that makes us different. I'm glad." Moonbyul started walking at the bench and sat there. "What makes you glad about it?" Solar sat next to her. "It means that we'll get to know more about each other since we're not the same." She smiled. "You're the first person who I have this long conversation with and not my friend." Solar suddenly told her, "Really? I'm honored." Moonbyul smiled, "Stop joking" Solar pushed her shoulders a little. "Sorry that was a hobby." she apologized. "No, it's okay plus I can still be your friend a new one." Moonbyul looked at her, "I mean of course if you like cause if you don't then just forget I asked." Moonbyul said kind of shyly. Solar laughed way too loud for her own good, she stopped herself before she make Moonbyul feel embarrassed, "Oh no it's okay, I'm glad I'm even making a conversation right now and be friends with that's a bonus for me." Solar told her. 

They talked some more before bidding their goodbyes. "Solar do you mind if I asked for your number?" Moonbyul said. "Ah no, here it is," as she gets her phone to put her number in. Moonbyul saved it with her name. "I'll text you." she told her and smiled. "Just let me know right away your name cause I don't reply to unknown numbers." Solar reminded her. "I'll definitely keep that in mind." Moonbyul smiled at her. "I'm glad I came today, It was nice meeting you." Moonbyul said to her as she also offered her hand for a handshake Solar shook it and pressed it before letting go. "I feel the same way."