Chapter 3: Your efforts will show and you'll know it's all worth it

Vous Et Moi

A week has passed since the gathering party and Moonbyul texted Solar the night and made her save her number in Solar's phone. After that she didn't really get the chance to talk to her a lot after the party, professors are suddenly giving them tons of work in and out of class. There's an exhibit going on by the graduating students. displayed in their auditorium. She went their with Seulgi and was amazed by how creative and how everybody's work are completely variant and unique in their own ways. Self expression. One of the reasons why she loves being in art school.

She particularly stop at the painting of a night sky. She looked at the artist. "Wow" she said out loud. Seulgi looked at her and asked "What?" She's the senior I'm telling you about." Moonbyul told her as she puts out her phone to take a picture of the painting. "Isn't it beautiful?" Moonbyul asked her without even looking and just mesmerized by the art in front of her. "Yeah she's good." Seulgi agreed. Moonbyul already told Seulgi the morning after the event about Solar. "Small world to know someone that has the same taste as you." Seulgi said to her. She's also very fond of drawing the sky. "I know right." Moonbyul said to her. She's sending Solar the photo she took of her painting. "I just saw your art. It's beautiful." she typed and send to her. A few minutes later someone replied to her, it was Solar. "I haven't seen it at the exhibit, I know that they'll put it up today but haven't got the chance to stop by." Solar replied to her. "Thanks by the way." as she read the second message. Moonbyul smiled. "I wish I was good as you." Moonbyul replied to her. As they walk more into the exhibit they reached the end in no time. "I bet you're just acting humble but you're actually better than me." Solar answered her message. Moonbyul laughed a little, Seulgi looked at her weirdly, "What are you laughing at?", "Nothing she's just funny." Moonbyul just shrug her off. "Are you busy today?" She asked Solar and send the message.

Seulgi and Moonbyul started walking back to their dorm. When they reach it, she looked at her phone and there's a reply. "Not really. Why?" she replied right away and asked her if she ate already cause if not she'll show her a really nice place. "Yeah sure, why not, let's meet up at the entrance." Solar replied to Moonbyul.

"Seulgi I'll be eating outside tonight you can go and eat without me." She said while getting her small bag and putting her wallet  inside. Phone in her hand. "Okay then." Seulgi answered her, she's using the bathroom. "I'll head out now." Moonbyul closed the door. She's wearing what she's been wearing the whole day stripped shirts with black trouser pants paired with her oversized bomber jacket and a cap. She was first at the entrance a little later Solar arrived wearing jeans and a shirt inside with denim jacket on. "Hi!" Solar greeted her, "Hey" she smiled back at her. "So where is this splace you wanted to show me?" Solar asked her. "It's just a walking distance, if you're good with that." Moonbyul told her. "Yeah no problem!" Solar smiled at her.

They began walking around 15 mins, it's ot really far from the university it's just the first time she's been there. The place looks ridiculously good yet it's very simple and minimalistic. "Nice right?" Moonbyul asked her, "Yeah." Solar was still amazed because she's been studying here for so long it's the first time she's seeing this place. Well it's also because she always eat either the cafeteria or take outs from fast food. She went out eating before but grew tired cause it's really awkward for her to eat alone outside and people ask if she's with someone so they can borrow the unused chair. "Wait for the food it's even greater." 

"Oh Moonyul! It's been a while." as soon as they sat down she was greeted by the owner. "Oh Auntie! I know it's just been busy week." She smiled at her, "New friend?" the owner asked her, "Yeah, new friend." Moonbyul smiled at Solar and she returned the smile to her. "Hello, enjoy eating here!" The owner greeted her. "Thank you." she replied to her returning the warmth from the store owner. After checking the menu they ordered food and while waiting. "Sorry I didn't get to text you for the past few days, it's just been so busy and the schedules were quite tight." Moonbyul was sitting across to her. "Ah it's okay, I'm also quite busy. Been working with my painting.", "That reminded me, It was truly mesmerizing." Moonbyul complimented her. "Thank you, I guess it was all worth my sleepless nights and lots of drafts." They laughed together. The struggles of an art student. "When you're really passionate about something your efforts will show and you'll know it's all worth it." Moonbyul said to her. "What made you take this course?" she asked Moonbyul. "Eversince junior high I knew I always wanted to go to art school. I'm just glad that my family is very supportive about it." Solar was listening to her "I always make things out of random stuffs or junk you could say from our basement, draw and paint sceneries, people and other things.", The food arrived they continued talking and getting to know each other more. "Wow!" Solar sips the soup and it was amazing. "I know right. That was my exact reaction too." Moonbyul laughed a little at her. "If I knew this sooner I'll probably be here everyday" Solar said while she continues to enjoy the food. 

"Ahhh.." as Solar patted her stomach she was so full and the food was just so good she ate quite a lot. Moonbyul asked for the check, "Let's split the bill." Solar suggested. The waitress brought the check but Moonbyul looked at the bill and gave her card to her even before Solar could say a word. "Hey! I can't take that as free food." she said to her. "Okay let's just make it this way, next time you'll pay for the food. Plus I'm the one that made you come all the way here to eat with me." Moonbyul said to her, "Yeah that's true but I enjoyed it and I even finished it like mostly." Solar complained she doesn't really like owing people and it's rare for her to meet people who does that. "Then let's just set it up, next time you're the one who's gonna pay." Moonbyul smiled at her and calmly replied. "Definitely." Solar agreed. 

They stood up and bid their goodbye to the owner and made their way way out. "Ahh! I'm so full!" Solar said while they were making their way back. "Me too, Auntie makes the best noodles." Moonbyul told her, "Everything was great." Solar agreed. They walked peacefully towards the university, there was no awkward silence. They didn't get to look up the time but they spent quite long time there eating and getting to know each other. Moonbyul walked Solar back at her dorm "I'm the one who's gonna pay next time!" Solar reminded her, " Yes you will." Moonbyul shook her head can't hide the amuse smile she had. She's still thinking about it. "Thanks for walking me home, even if I told you I can and it's just near." Solar said to her. Moonbyul smiled "So I know where I should fetch you next time." Moonbyul joked at her. "I will show up though even you don't fetch me." Soalr pouts at her. How cute, How can a senior act so cute without even trying so hard. "It's still worth it." Moonbyul said to her and smiled. "Go now!" Solar waved at her and laughed a little. "Talk to you later." Moonbyul waved back and started walking back at her dorm.