259,200 seconds

the light and the wind

genre: fluff, slice of life

word count: 570

​​​​​​—————

sehun frowns as he looks at the sleepy, tired eyes of his lover through the phone screen. the bags underneath tell him that baekhyun has not been getting enough rest and sleep, too busy juggling with multiple projects and schedules. it hasn't been long since baekhyun released his first solo album and exo started their fifth concert tour. now, their company has filled in yet another set of schedules for him, this time, outside of exo—baekhyun wanted to say no, but when does sm ever listen? 

but despite it all, he still smiles—beautiful and bright.

"hey handsome", baekhyun greets cheerfully on the other line, almost as if the tiredness sehun saw is non-existent.

"hey, how's my pretty boy?"

he giggles, "sehun, you make it sound like i'm your son."

"you are my baby, afterall."

"that's true. i'm fine, just tired. my legs feel like they're about to fall off. my arms hurt. my wallet is crying. and i want pizza."

sehun chuckles. can his boyfriend be even more adorable?

"oh, right. you're the oldest hyung. now you're treating everyone a meal."

"yes", baekhyun pouts and seriously? how dare he do that when sehun's miles away from him to kiss it away?

"it's okay. when you come back you can treat me to a nice meal, too."

"yah! is that suppose to make me feel better? because i think my wallet just cried harder."

sehun laughs hard at the response. "well, at least you're spending it on me, your baby."

"i thought i was the baby in this relationship?"

"maybe i want to be babied, too."

"oh, of course, you do." sehun chuckles when he sees baekhyun rolling his eyes.

"when are you coming home? i miss you so much."

"me, too, but i'll be home soon! our flight back home is scheduled three days from today."

a frown makes its way on sehun's face, "that's too long."

"sehun", baekhyun lets out a giggle, "it's only three days!"

"yeah, that's 72 hours away from you."

this time, he laughs. "goodness, sehun. you're so adorable, i want to kiss you."

"now you have to wait for 4320 minutes to do that. see how painfully long that is?"

baekhyun laughs harder— harder than he's ever laughed the past week. and it only becomes possible with sehun.

"you're right, it's too long."

baekhyun calms down for a little while and lets out a yawn. that's a signal for sehun to end the call so he can let the older sleep. 

"go to bed now, hyung."

"but i still want to talk to you." another pout.

"i'll call you tomorrow night again. please, just go to bed now. you need all the sleep you can get."

he lets out another yawn and rubs his eyes. "promise?"

"promise."

"okay, good night, sehunnie." baekhyun kisses the camera. "i love you."

sehun does the same, "i love you, too, b. good night."

he hears soft snores on the other end however, the video call doesn't end. he realizes maybe baekhyun has fallen asleep even before he could press the red button.

sehun smiles as he stares at the sight of his boyfriend sleeping soundly on the screen. it's a favorite, he always likes watching baekhyun sleep. somehow it makes him miss the smaller lover more.

just 259,200 seconds more to go and he'll finally have him by his side again.