First Day

Wink At Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A new school year meant changes. Big changes and small changes. Some things stayed the same. 

 

New classes. New people. New teachers. 

 

Same school. Same friends. Same Yongsun. 

 

What especially stressed Yongsun out was hoping she had friends in all of her classes. She’d prefer to not suffer alone. Anyways she hoped she wouldn’t have to endure that sudden panic that goes through her when the teacher announces that an assignment is a partner activity and she doesn’t know a soul in her class. Yongsun would rather avoid he possibility of embarrassing herself that comes with the whole awkwardness with talking to someone new. She didn’t consider herself very popular, she had her own small group of friends and they’re all that really mattered to her. But Yongsun preferred to be liked by others and fit in with everyone. Yongsun honestly wasn’t the best at the initial small talk. She would much rather skip to being weird and joking around. But sometimes its best to hide the crazy for at least two weeks before you let go around a new friend. 

 

Nearly a week before school had started, Yongsun received her schedule. She quickly sent it to her friends and posted it on her instagram asking her followers if they had any classes with her. Yongsun received texts notifying her of all the classes her friends shared with her. It had seemed that she found at least one person she was comfortable with for each class. All except her English class. Yongsun could handle one class alone. Without friends. She hoped. How hard can it be to find someone? Yongsun questioned trying her absolute best to stay positive on the first day of school. 

 

The day passed somewhat normally. Luckily, she’d had first period literature and second period free with her best friend, Wheein. Then third period history with Heeyeon and fourth period calculus with Chorong, who she had met last year. Fifth period chemistry with Woosung and Eric.  Lunch she had spent with her gang, happy to see them after two months even though they had met up during the summer. Everything had went smoothly so far. The teachers had been okay but to Yongsun’s dismay they had already assigned homework in almost every class of hers. 

 

Yongsun’s previous worries suddenly arose as if mocking her for the perfect day she had been having. Sixth period, last one of the day, her English class. The one she had been dreading all day. Yongsun knew she really had no reason to be so scared. She would find someone to talk to. She had met Chorong the same way if she thought about it. But only because both of them didn’t have friends in literature last year. 

 

It’s gonna be okay. It’s gonna be okay. It’s gonna be okay. Yongsun chanted in her head. Wishing that her prayers would be answered. She just didn’t want anyone to think she was weird. Not that people did. But the lingering thought that everyone secretly hated her always annoyed her. Though she knew it was irrational. She couldn’t stop herself from feeling this way. Having someone she knew meant some sort of familiarity and comfort in a class of thirty-something strangers. 

 

The lunch bell rang, signaling the impending doom that was sixth period english. Yongsun quickly packed her belongings into her school bag, getting ready to walk to class. Wheein walked alongside her as their classes were close by each other. They promised to meet up after as they waved goodbye and each walked into their last class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter