Lakehouse

Lakehouse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A wave of nostalgia swept over Donghae's mind when he saw an arcade stop in Seohyeon Station. To his surprise there's still people playing in the arcade, youth these days usually plays at pc room/pc bang. He went in just to watch people playing Tekken, he somewhat satisfied with the graphics. Technology did improve a lot, he still remember the date of its first release, he's only 8 at the time but the memories of that time were still vivid. 

 

While watching the fight between Lily and Jin, his phone started to vibrate in his pocket. He answered the call from Siwon. It's somehow unusual for Siwon to call him these days, he's a newlywed and been busy on his honeymoon and vacation with his wife. 

 

"What's up?" Donghae asked as soon as he answered the phone. 

 

"This is too ing random but I suddenly remember the lake house. You know, when we were kids, we always play there" 

 

Donghae paused for a while and his childhood memories starts coming back. He clearly remembers how the wooden floor creaks when he stepped on it, the cinnamon scented lake house, the place where he met the girl "Sandy". 

 

"Hey buddy, still there?" Donghae snapped back to reality. He was wistful at the moment when he recalled his childhood memories. 

 

"Why now, I mean it's been like 15 years? And you haven't mentioned anything about that lake house since we were in high school?" Donghae asked. Siwon paused for a moment trying to think about the cause. 

 

"Uhmm dunno? Maybe we watched the movie named lake house and some of my childhood memories came back?" 

 

"Ohh okay." 

 

"Oh, by the way, you remember the girl named Sandy or something like that in the lake house?" Siwon added. For whatever the reason is, Donghae's heart skipped a bit when he heard the name Sandy. She's the girl with a long chestnut hair, big black eyes, pale skin, rosy lips, she was somewhat in her teenage years. 

 

"Oh yeah, somehow." Donghae said. 

 

"Oh yeah I'm hanging up now. My wife just woke up. Bye" He said and he hanged up. Donghae took his ticket to Seoul from his pocket and threw it away. He's not going there. He's going to his home town, he's going to the lake house. 

 

Maybe Sandy's is on her 30's right now, it'll be fun if I met her again. He thought, he have this sudden urge to meet her again after all these years. He's 12 when he saw Sandy for the last time, and Sandy is on her 20's at the time. 

 

He took a different bus, he's not really busy for work and he figured out that he needs to visit his hometown sometime. This day was just very weird for him, every minute is getting weirder and weirder. There's something that tells him that he's missing something, like there's a missing parts of his childhood. 

 

There's something missing and he's dying to know what it is. 

 

Donghae is having a hard time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter