Ours (DG One Shot)

TS inspired DG Fluffs

Elevator buttons and morning air,

Strangers silence makes me want to take the stairs,

If you were here we'd laugh about their vacant stares,

But right now,

My time is theirs.

 

“KWON JIYONG AND SANDARA PARK HAD INTIMATE DATE IN JEJU LAST AUGUST”

- Dispatch

 

If you are living in South Korea right now, this will be the headlines you’ll see on Naver search, because why not? Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park, with a dating news. Surprising if you’re not a fan. But if you are, not really new.

 

Dara knew all along that having a relationship with the mighty G-Dragon will be risky since both of them are idols and that is the big deal in their country. Idols are like God for the fans, especially the “Sasaengs” and it will be chaos if their idol was reported to be dating someone, especially if that someone is also an idol. It’s just too toxic and that’s why she chose not to go public about their relationship. They kept it as a secret even when Jiyong reassured her that he will be responsible and will do everything for the news not to backlash on her. But, Dara was afraid. She was afraid Jiyong can’t take all the bashing and will leave her. She was afraid that her career will go down because of the “scandal” and she can’t afford to have that since her family is dependent on her income.

 

If she was about to count the times she denied having a boyfriend, or rather denied Jiyong, and she’ll get paid for it, well, she may be a billionaire right ing now.

 

And now, here they are again, having yet another “dating news” and she’s just too tired with all of this and she just wants to be with her boyfriend right now but her company’s CEO will not allow her unless she claims that it was just a friendly date and nothing more.

 

But she won’t be having none of it. Not anymore. For her. For their relationship. And especially for Jiyong. She’s tired of her not fighting for them and all Jiyong’s doing is fighting for it. Every time they’ll have this scandal Jiyong is vocal on going public and will take responsibility. Even if that means he’ll be risking his career.

 

She was that afraid. But not anymore. And so she finally snapped.

 

“But why is being in a relationship a scandal? We’re just humans in love with each other. Why can’t we be free to choose what we want to say to the public?”, she argued while eyeing her boss.

 

“Sandara, getting involved in this news every year is tiring. Believe me. If you don’t want to risk your career why don’t you just be careful? Both of you. You’re both being reckless that’s why you’re always being photographed in every damn dates you went to!”, her boss screamed while throwing a bunch of pictures.

 

She cringed when she got a glimpse of the photos because all of those show their faces. Damn.

 

“Still, I will take the risk this time. I don’t want to deny Jiyong anymore. I’m getting old and I don’t think I want to lie to my fans this much. I’ve lied for 9 years now! Why can’t you just let us be finally happy”, her voice rising and shaking from all the tears she’s fighting not to show in front of her boss.

 

“Okay, if that’s what you want. Do whatever you think is right.. Just bear in mind that if everything goes down, it’s your fault.”, her boss said with finality dismissing their argument. Maybe he too is just tired of lying to the public and denying every scandals her two artists get themselves into.

 

She heaved a deep sigh and stood up, leaving the room. Here goes nothing..

 

Seems like there's always

Someone who disapproves,

They'll judge it like they know about me and you,

And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do,

The jury's out,

And my choice is you.

 

“YG ENTERTAINMENT RESPONDED TO SANDARA PARK AND KWON JIYONG A.K.A G-DRAGON’S DATING SCANDAL”

 

AFTER RELEASING A STATEMENT TO VERIFY IF THE TWO YG ARTISTS ARE DATING, YG FINALLY RESPONDED TO THE NEWS AND SHOCKED FANS OF BOTH ARTISTS. HERE’S THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT.

 

“IN LIGHT OF THIS DATING SCANDAL THAT OUR ARTISTS ARE FACING, WE MADE SURE TO GET THE HONEST STATEMENT FROM THE TWO AND THEY ADMITTED TO IT. WE WERE ALL HAPPY THAT THEY FOUND LOVE WHILE ENJOYING THEIR WORK AND MAKING THAT AS AN INSPIRATION TO IMPROVE FURTHER. IT WAS A GOOD NEWS THAT WE WANT TO SHARE AND BE HONEST WITH. BOTH SANDARA AND JIYONG WANTED FOR THEIR FANS TO UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT THEIR DECISION TO GO PUBLIC.”

 

IT WAS SAID THAT THE 2 YG ARTISTS STARTED DATING 9 YEARS AGO AND ALL THE DISPATCH’S NEW YEAR NEWS ABOUT THE TWO ALMOST EVERY YEAR ARE ALL TRUE. IT WAS SAID THAT THEY DENIED IT UNTIL RECENTLY FOR THEIR FANS BUT AN INSIDER FROM YG SAID THAT THEY ARE PLANNING ON THEIR WEDDING NOW THAT’S WHY THEY DECIDED TO GO PUBLIC.

 

WILL THIS BE A REALLY GOOD NEW YEAR FOR THE TWO?

-Admin Mari, Koreapoop

 

Damn.

 

Is all Dara can say after reading the article from a kpop news provider. When did they ever planned on their wedding?

 

She just shook her head in disappointment and planned on continuing through the comment section when a hand covered her eyes from behind and another hand wrapped around her waist.

 

She immediately smiled and all her disappointments from the news she read disappeared. That’s how a Kwon magic works. It does wonders!

 

“Hello, babe. Stop reading nonsensical things and talk to me.”, Jiyong whispered while resting his chin on her shoulder.

 

“Hello.”, is all Dara said because all of her pent up frustrations the moment the news broke out came all at once and she just wants to cry and release all her anger on something. And so she sighed and psyched herself not to cry.

 

“Hey”, Jiyong said while making her turn around to face him.

 

“What’s wrong?”, he asked while peering down to see her eyes since she’s looking down at the floor.

 

“I’m just frustrated.”, she admitted.

 

“Because we’ve gone public?”, he asked again.

 

“No, it’s just that we’re risking our relationship and career because of our decision and all these news providers are not helping at all. And I’m worried about our fans. Will they approve of this? Do you want to read comments together?”, Dara asked panicking at every thought she’s saying.

 

Jiyong chuckled and made her look at him.

 

“Babe, I love you.”, he suddenly said while looking at her.

 

“I know. And I love you, too”, she said with questioning eyes. Why does he said that suddenly?

 

“And I'll love you even if this relationship is not public. I’ll love you even if our fans will not anymore because they don’t approve us for each other. And I’ll love you no matter what happens, okay?”, he said.

 

Dara nodded and hugged his boyfriend. How can he magically throw all her doubts away?

 

“And I’ll choose you. And only you, no matter what happens. So stop harassing yourself.”, he continued whispering on her ears.

 

“I love you”, Dara whispered with a shaky voice because she can’t stop her tears anymore. Happy tears. That moment just proved that her decision to go public is right. Because Jiyong will be there, no matter what.

 

You never know what people have up their sleeves,

Ghosts from your past gonna jump out at me,

Lurking in the shadows with their lip gloss smiles,

But I don't care,

'Cause right now you're mine,

And you say,

So don't you worry your pretty little mind,

People throw rocks at things that shine,

And life makes love look hard,

The stakes are high,

The water's rough,

But this love is ours

 

“BULL. WHY IS DARA LEECHING SO MUCH FROM BIGBANG ESPECIALLY JIYONG. SHE’S DESTROYING HIS CAREER. AND BECAUSE SHE’S A ING SHE REALLY THINKS JIYONG WILL STAY WITH HER UNTIL THE END. PFF WHAT A .”

@mari102145

 

“OHMYINGGLORY! DARAGON PA DIN MGA ULOL KAYO. TANGINA SA WAKAS UMAMIN NA DIN SILA MGA HAYOP KAYO JFSHLKJFHDKSKDJJFHKJSDF HUHU I SUPPORT 1000 PERCENT! I LOVE YOU BOTH! ANDITO LANG KAMI TO SUPPORT @krungy21 @ibgdrgn

@vipmari54464

 

“HUHUHU JIYONG OPPA. WHY DARA? SHE’S NOT ATTRACTIVE AT ALL AND SHE’S USING EVERYONE FOR HER OWN DEEDS HUHUHU DARA UNNIE CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THIS AND LET OUR OPPA GO. THIS IS DESTROYING HIS CAREER

@selvabolang123

 

“@krungy21 unnie, I hope your doing well. No matter what, we are here to support. If you love gd, go ahead. Be happy. We love you always.

@Bjmari2121

 

“ WTH? ANONG LABAN NI DARA KAY KIKO? TANGINA?????? JIYONG, BAKIT SI DARA???? KATAWANG BATA NAMAN YAN”

@jikomari1818

 

Dara sighed while locking her phone. It’s just too much. How can anyone judge her for being Jiyong’s girlfriend. This is too much.

 

She was at home because almost all of her schedules were cancelled after news of her relationship with Jiyong got out. This is it. She’s living the nightmare she’s always so afraid of. She snapped out of her reverie when she heard her phone’s message alert tone.

 

1 new message

Fr: Babe ♥

Babe, put Star King on. I’m one of the guests. ;)

Make sure you watch, arasseo?

I love you. :*

- Jwiyongie ^_^v

 

She smiled after reading the message. Why would he want her to watch when he’s the one who insisted not to watch TV since she might stumble upon their dating scandal and she’ll be sad again. Odd.

 

When she got on Star King’s channel, it was before Jiyong’s turn. And they were all congratulating him and the MC was dancing and shouting congratulations. It was funny. She just wished all of their fans are this happy for them.

 

“So, finally, huh?”, the younger MC asked while smirking. He knew. They all knew. All of their colleagues actually knew about their relationship. It’s just really about the fans sometimes.

 

Jiyong smiled widely showing his gums. So cute!

 

“Well~”, Jiyong said while shrugging.

 

There were laughter on the studio.

 

“So how does it feel being free, finally?”, said the older MC

 

“It’s exciting! And I’m just so happy Dara finally decided for us to admit.”, Jiyong said. Oh no, their topic will be their relationship. Not a good sign.

 

“Oh? You mean, you wanted to admit from the start?”, the younger MC asked.

 

“Well, not at first, but maybe by the third time we got on another news, I wanted to finally admit but Dara is afraid that it will destroy both of our careers and my fans will not like me anymore.”, Jiyong admitted.

 

“I understand. We all have been on that phase. Because, let’s face it, being a public figure is scary and strict.” the younger MC agreed.

 

“Yeah, I actually am gonna decline being here because we’re still being reprimanded at our headquarters and are not yet allowed to do guestings. But I went on because I have a reason.”, he said shyly.

 

“What kind of reason?”, the MCs asked.

 

“I wanted for my fans and Dara’s fans to know how much she means to me and how much I love her.”, he said with sparkly eyes and she just know, from their 9 years being together that he’s being sincere on his purpose. Her heart ached for him. For going this lengthy miles and risking everything he had for the sake of them being accepted by the public. God, Kwon jiyong…

 

“We didn’t want for this to be a mess. I read tweets and ig comments about us since the news broke out and most of my fans don’t like Dara for me and her fans don’t like me because of the bashes my fans throw to Dara. I understand that it’s difficult to accept that we love each other but I just want them to know that it’s not our fault we fell in love. I love Dara for who she is. I love her despite her not having a model body. I love her because she can make me write songs you guys appreciate, love and support. Please don’t hate her for loving me.”, Jiyong stood up and bowed down in front of the camera.

 

The studio audience clapped and gave a standing ovation. After the noise died down, the younger MC said, “Wow! This is the first time someone from a dating scandal stood out for their relationship like this. I admire this courage.”

 

Jiyong smiled shyly while bowing his head.

 

“So I found a photo. *laughs*, from the internet years ago. It is the scandal where you said that it was a “joke” photo. *laughs* what were you thinking saying that?”, the older MC asked while laughing loudly. The whole studio laughed with him.

 

Dara, started having fun while watching.

 

“Let’s see how you’ll handle that, Kwon.”, Dara said to herself.

 

“Oh that’s a funny story. So, we were at the bar and we had a big fight. Like a big big fight and she’s not talking to me. And I thought she’ll break up with me because of it that’s why I did that. For her not to leave me because she’ll be tied with a scandal after it.”, Jiyong explained while chuckling.

 

“So you have a lot of aegyo, huh?”, the MCs asked.

 

“Well kind of. Just ask Dara.”, he winked. OH MY GOD.

 

The audience shouted.

 

“So before we end your talk time, do you want to send a video message for your fans or for Dara?’

 

“I have for both.”

 

“Okay, go on.”

 

The camera focused on Jiyong and he made sure he’s looking at it with sincerity in his eyes as he said.

 

“First, sorry for lying to you all about our relationship for these past years and past scandals. But I just want you to know that it’s been hard. There are many times we thought our relationship will end because of our jobs, but I’m just grateful that we fought and stood together. And here we are, 9 years later, still love each other. I hope all of you will be happy for us, and if not, you can all look for another idol to look at, or you can stay but respect our decision and our feelings. I hope all of us live in harmony for as long as our music can.”

 

“And for Dara, Hi baby. I just want you to know that I love you and I will always be here for you. And I hope you’re happy with me everytime. Haengbokaja”

 

Dara did not know that she’s now crying while watching. Crying for Jiyong who can do everything for her sake. Crying for herself for being weak and scared. Crying for their relationship because both of them are fighting but not equally.

 

And so, she decided that it’s time for them to be truly happy and not scared of other’s opinions anymore.

 

And it's not theirs to speculate,

If it's wrong and,

Your hands are tough but they are where,

Mine belong in,

I'll fight their doubt and give you faith with this song for you.

'Cause I love the gap between your teeth,

And I love the riddles that you speak,

And any snide remarks from my father about your tattoos will be ignored,

'Cause my heart is yours.

 

Dara was pacing back and forth while waiting for Jiyong to come home. She’s excited to show her surprise.

 

As she heard the keycode being punched on the door, she stood up and ran on the hallway.

 

“I’m home.”, said the man she’s been waiting all along.

 

“Babe!”, she said excitedly.

 

“Hello, babe. Did you watch Star King?”, Jiyong asked obviously happy since a lot of load got off his shoulder from that guesting.

 

“Yes! And I have a surprise for you.”, Dara said enthusiastically while giving him her phone.

 

“Unlock it.”, Jiyong followed what she said and Dara’s IG was open. He scrolled down and found her latest post.

 

It was their anniversary photos in Jeju that he edited. When she went there to support his new venture inside the Jeju Shinhwa World. The first picture shows an angle where Jiyong took the photo on a side view and she was hiding her face on the crook of his neck but not hiding her smile. And Jiyong smiling at the camera with his eyes closed. And the other picture was just the same angle and movement but now Jiyong was kissing Dara’s temple.

 

The caption says, “Til death, I’ll love you. Thank you for doing so much for us. But you can relax now, I got this. ;)”

 

He was stunned beyond words can describe. He did not expect her to be this open. But nevertheless, he’s ing happy because finally, Dara is not afraid.

 

“Do you think it's possible that someone can fall again with the ones they already love?”, Dara broke the silence.

 

Jiyong looked at her, confused, “Hmmm? I think so? Maybe? Why you asked?”

 

Dara smiled as he hugged him tight, “Because that’s what happened to me earlier. I fell in love with you all over again.”

 

THE END