Sparks Fly (DG One Shot)

TS inspired DG Fluffs

The way you move is like a full-on rainstorm

And I'm a house of cards

You're the kind of reckless

That should send me runnin'

But I kinda know that I won't get far

And you stood there in front of me

Just close enough to touch

Close enough to hope you couldn't see

What I was thinking of

 

“So, did you ever confess to Jiyong? It’s been like 3 years now, Dara”, Bom said interrupting my daydream about Jiyong. Damn.

 

So here we are in the Campus circle, sitting on the grass since it was our free time before our next class. It was so peaceful and tranquil until Bom decided to disrupt it.

 

Kwon Jiyong is your typical bad boy campus heartthrob who will basically swoon you on your feet and just, you know, just fall for him.

 

Yeah, it’s been 3 damn years since I developed this crush on him. He was a soccer player in our University and there was this time we kind of decided to watch a game even if we will be total idiots since we don’t know anything about soccer. And there, I saw Kwon Jiyong, dressed in our campus’ soccer uniform, smiling so widely and adorably when their team won the game. It was a moment that the cameraman decided to take a shot of him since he was the one who made the deciding shot. And it was the moment I was captivated on him…

 

“Uhh, confess? Did I ever had a plan to confess?”, I asked her.

 

“Duhh, University Days, remember? 7-seconds in Heaven, remember?”, Bom said.

 

So basically what she was referring to was when Jiyong and I were chosen as partners on that 7-seconds in Heaven game the IT Department organized.

 

The moment the door closed and darkness consumed us. I can still see his sparkly eyes and I really think he heard how my heart beat because of that. When our eyes met, he smiled shyly and that’s where I know. I just know, it’s not just a simple crush. I like him so much that I want something more than just a stare at a distance, a smile or nod when we meet at the hallway. Damn.

 

“So,”, he said with his deep voice. And God, that made my heart beat more erratically than when we had our eye contact. Oh my God, I think I’m falling in love.

 

“Are you in this game? Or you were just dragged even if you don’t want to?”, he asked while laughing. Damn. That laugh will be the death of me.

 

We were so close but yet a distance is still apparent between us.

 

My mind forgets to remind me

You're a bad idea

You touch me once and it's really something,

You find I'm even better than you imagined I would be.

I'm on my guard for the rest of the world

But with you I know it's no good

And I could wait patiently but I really wish you would...

 

He stepped towards me until I can really sense that he’s too close and I forgot how to breath because he chuckled.

 

“You’re not breathing. Are you okay?”, he asked.

 

I released all the air that I was holding and really really forced myself to answer until I felt him hold my arm and suddenly said, “Hey, what’s your name?”

 

And the door opens. GODDAMN FOR DOORS.

 

I frantically get out of the room and I know I’m flushed as hell for all the oxygen I think I forgot to inhale and there were eyes looking at us when we stepped out, and smirks screaming “You got it good, huh?” but I looked for the pair of deer eyes among the crowd because I need her right now.

 

I speed walk towards Bom and when I went past her, I did not look back and just grabbed her hands and walked out of that booth.

 

“OH MY GOD, BOM. I CAN’T BELIEVE I NEVER SAID A WORD IN FRONT OF KWON JIYONG AND THAT WAS MY CHANCE. OH MY GOD, I’M SO STUPID.”, I said frantically while dragging her.

 

“HE WAS SO CLOSE AND SMELLED SO GOOD AND HIS EYES WERE SHINING AND OH MY GOD I REALLY FORGOT HOW TO BREATH UNTIL HE POINTED IT OUT AND THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING. OH MY GOD, BOM!!”, I was like screaming all the words since there’s no one around. And I just want to drag her to a bench while I’m still venting my frustrations.

 

“So, you like me, huh?”, said a voice I will know even if we are in a crowd of people.

 

I immediately let go of the hand I was dragging and spun around with wide eyes. OH MY GOOD LORD. LET ME DIE IN PEACE.

 

I'll run my fingers through your hair and watch the lights go wild.

Just keep on keeping your eyes on me, it's just wrong enough to make it feel right.

And lead me up the staircase

Won't you whisper soft and slow?

I'm captivated by you, baby, like a firework show.

 

“OH MY GOD, I’M SO SORRY. WHY ARE YOU HERE?!”, I screamed.

 

“Uhh, because you dragged me here?”, he said while lifting his right eyebrow

 

“Oh no, sorry I thought I was holding my friend’s hand.”, I explained as I was walking past him and tried fetching Bom to where the IT Booth was.

 

“Hey, don’t go.”, he said while holding my arm and preventing me to walk past through

 

“This is so embarrassing.”, I said while burying my face on my palm.

 

I was ready to die out of frustrations and embarrassments. When he said all the words that I didn’t know I wanted to hear from someone.

 

“Hey, don’t be embarrassed for what you feel. It’s not wrong to like someone you know. Plus, you’re pretty and cute and gorgeous and I don’t know what I’m saying but I have a little little crush on you too.”, He said while scratching the back of his head and smiling.

 

It’s like the world stopped and it’s just him and me standing in the center of the campus garden.

 

“So, what’s your name?”, he suddenly asked when I did not utter a single word after his confession.

 

“Dara. Dara Park.”, I finally said.

 

“Well, Dara Park, if it will ever help. I always see you wherever I am and I started noticing it at that one game we had and you are on one of our bleachers. I wanted to talk to you the moment I saw you but I don’t know how so I asked my IT friends to make me your partner on their event.”, he went on and on while avoiding his gaze by looking at the ground.

 

“Are you serious?”, I asked incredulously.

 

He looked at me with an embarrassed smile and shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Hey, what are the odds, huh?”, he asked while stepping forward towards me.

 

When we only had so much distance left. He continued, “What are the odds that all this time we were meeting in the hallway, greeting each other, then we will secretly smile to ourselves and cheer silently because the one we liked, noticed us. That’s been 3 years.”

 

And all the moments I had whenever he will smile at me on the hallway flashed back and I didn’t know he was feeling the same way. And I just know, I wanted him more than ever. I think I fell harder now...

-----

“Hey! So what the hell happened after that fiasco you did in the IT booth?!”, Bom interrupted me again.

 

“I confessed and now we are dating.”, I heard a voice behind me and I immediately smiled and turned around.

 

“Hey!” “WHAT?!”, Bom and I said simultaneously.

 

“Hi, babe! And you are?”, Jiyong asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

 

“Oh, this is Bom, my best friend.”, I answered for her because she’s still gaping at us and at Jiyong’s wrapped arms around me. Damn, I know.

 

“Ohhh the controversial best friend.”, Jiyong chuckled.

 

“Thanks to you, I heard her said I smelled so good.”, Jiyong suddenly said and chuckled as I hid my face on the crook of his neck.

 

“Do I still smell good?”, he whispered and laughed so hard when I hugged him tight and inhaled, “Damn you smell so good”.

 

Drop everything now,

Meet me in the pouring rain,

Kiss me on the sidewalk,

Take away the pain

'Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile.

Get me with those green eyes, baby, as the lights go down

Give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around

'Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile

 

After school, and after Bom calmed down and let us talk about how we’ve been a couple during University Days, Jiyong and I were seated on his car listening to the radio when Taylor Swift’s Sparks Fly played and I just realized how the lyrics matched my feelings for him, I intertwined our fingers as the last chorus played and I looked at him seriously and sang along.

 

When he catches what I wanted to say, he smiled and grabbed me by the neck using his free hand and kissed me until we were out of breath and my heart is beating at an abnormal pace. Damn, I didn’t know I need that kiss from him until he did it.

 

Then, he rested our intertwined fingers on his beating heart and I felt that his heart beat is beating as fast as mine is and that is the sweetest thing I think I wanted him to do. To let me know he also feels the same way.

 

“I think I love you more now, babe.”, he whispered while resting his forehead on mine and I closed my eyes as happy tears fell because I said, “I love you too, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

THE END