Chapter 1

Unbreakable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

Ahn Yujin walked into the cafe and looked to the left. She smiled when she saw Kim Minju taking orders at a nearby table. Then she walked to the other side of the cafe towards the table where her friends were sitting.

 

“Yo Yujin!” Choi Yena called out as she exchanged a high five with Yujin.

 

“What took you so long?” Yena’s girlfriend, Jo Yuri, asked as Yujin sat down.

 

“I had to talk to professor Park about an assignment and it took longer than I expected.” Yujin turned to the girl sitting next to her. “Have you been waiting long?”

 

Jang Wonyoung smiled and shook her head. “It’s not that long. And I have Yuri-unnie and Yena-unnie here with me.”

 

Just then, Minju walked over to their table.

 

“Hey Yujin.” Minju smiled shyly at Yujin. “You will have the usual?”

 

“Yes please, Minju-unnie!” Yujin flashed a bright smile at Minju which made the older girl blushed.

 

“I will be right back with your order.” Minju nodded and left the table.

 

“It’s not fair! Minju always treats you better than us!” Yena complained after Minju left. “She only smiles at you!”

 

“That’s only because I met her first!”

 

“And Ahn Yujin, you big casanova! You were flirting with another girl with your girlfriend sitting right here!” Yena pointed to Wonyoung.

 

“Unlike you, Wonyoungie is an intelligent and understanding person. She knows that I was not flirting.” Yujin wrapped her arm around Wonyoung. “I still don’t know how you managed to pass your undergraduate course!”

 

The four friends, along with Minju, attended the same university. Yena, who was a few years older than them, graduated from the Music program and was now pursuing a Masters degree.

 

“Don’t bring my intellectual into this conversation when we are talking about your love life!”

 

The two friends continue to bicker back and forth while Yuri and Wonyoung watched on.

 

Kwon Eunbi watched the group’s interactions from the counter and smiled. Yujin and her friends were amongst her favourite customers of the cafe. Customers like them made running this cafe enjoyable.

 

Eunbi took over the cafe from her parents after graduating from university. Originally, she had planned on becoming a teacher, but when it became too much for her parents to continue to manage the cafe due to their ages, she had agreed to take over ownership as she didn't want her parents’ pride to close down. Eunbi had always had the interest in food when she was growing up so it was actually a relatively easy transition for her to become a cafe owner.

 

Eunbi went into the kitchen and saw Minju preparing Yujin’s order.

 

Of all of her employees, Eunbi had a soft spot for Minju especially. Minju did not have any family as she grew up in the orphanage. When she first started working at the cafe, she was very quiet. She hardly talked to anyone other than taking orders from the customers. She did not have any friends and she kept to herself.

 

Despite her quiet nature, Eunbi really liked Minju as the younger girl was very responsible and hard working. And Eunbi was really happy to see Minju slowly coming out of her shell when Yujin started to visit the cafe. There’s just something about Yujin that seems to be able to bring out a different side of Minju.

 

“Eunbi-unnie.” Minju smiled as she noticed Eunbi approaching.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter