All over again. (one shot)

All over again.

 

After filming another episode We Got Married, Seohyun went back to SNSD's dorm. The other 8 members crowded around her, excitedly asking her about her the progress of her romance with YongHwa. Seohyun blushed: " He was really sweet to me today."

 

Only Jessica wasn't joining in the conversation. Not that she was interested. After all, it was only an onscreen romance. They'd never be able to date in real life. She brushed those thoughts away. She couldn't think that way about one of her bandmates. Was she feeling... jealous? Frustration welled up inside her. She turned around to to face Seohyun. 

 

"Yah! Seohyun! Could you shut up for a moment please? I'm trying to think here."

 

"Sorry...unnie. I didn't mean to disturb you."

 

Feeling annoyed that the maknae was being blatantly bullied, Sunny went up to Jessica.

 

"Jessica, what's wrong with you today? Seohyun didn't do anything wrong."

 

"Look....Yes I know. Just leave me alone. Please. "

 

"Whatever. I will. But are you okay?"

 

"Yeah. I'm probably just PMS-ing or something. You know me. "

 

Jessica was far from okay. And she sure as hell wasn't PMS-ing. The truth was, Jessica was extremely jealous of Seohyun. The fact the she could freely express her love for YongHwa. In front of the cameras. In front of the public. Even if it was a reality show. Seohyun was in a way, allowed to date. Something Jessica wouldn't be able to do. Not that SM would ever allow it in a million years.

 

She suppressed herself from crying. His name was Donghae. Yes, she would never forget his name. Jessica's first love. She knew him so well, ever since they were what? 10 years old? Both of them were trainees in SM Entertainment since young. After each day of training, Donghae would sneak up some food for her into her room (SM trainess were put on a strict diet) and they would talk for hours. About dance rehearsals today. The occasional new trainee. If they'd ever debut.

 

She remembered when she started to see him in a different way. He made the first move. One date led to a second one, a third one and many, many more. Time flew so fast and Donghae already debuted in a group by the name of Super Junior. Soon he was gone, out and about with his other bandmates to promote their group. And Jessica was left alone. That was when she sunk into depression. Sure, she was happy that he finally debuted, but on the other hand, would she ever debut?

 

Jessica missed Donghae so bad. They tried to keep in touch, but SM warned her not to get too close with him. SM's idols were forbidden to be romantically involved with anyone. Two years passed, and she finally debuted in Girls' Generation. Finally, all those years of training paid off. She started to get busy promoting Into The New World with her other bandmates already. Since then, they hardly saw each other and slowly, they drifted apart.

 

During SNSD's Genie promotions, she bumped into Donghae at their waiting room for Music Bank. After much deliberation, she decided to approach him.

 

"Donghae oppa. It's Jessica. I haven't seen you in a long time. I really missed you."

 

"Jessica! Wow I can't believe you're here. I really missed you too. "

 

After some awkward silence, they started to talk after more than one year of not seeing each other. It was just like the old times. Too soon, it was time to perform already. She hugged Donghae before leaving.

 

"I hope I can see you again soon. "

 

"I really hope so too. Good luck with your performance!"



"Thanks!"

 

"Uh... Jessica."

 

"Yes?"

 

".....I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

Jessica gave him a smile as she left for the stage. You know, that smile when you tell people you're okay when you're actually not? Ever since then, they never had a proper conversation. Donghae did text her a few times for her to meet up, but their schedules would always clash.

 

So many years have passed, and Jessica tried to move on but she still couldn't get over Donghae. But because of that, she built up a wall, never letting anyone in but Donghae. This way, she would never fall in love. She never get hurt. She would never reveal true feelings. Acting cold all the time was becoming her second nature already. Thus her nickname Ice Princess. There were other male idols that have expressed their romantic interest in Jessica, but she would always turn them down because a part of her was still in love in Donghae. 

 

Just then, she got startled. Her message tone rang. She checked her phone. It was from Donghae. She took a deep breath and opened the message.

 

"Hey Jessica, would you want to meet up now at the cafe? You're free now right?"

 

Jessica bit her lip in thought. She was definitely free now. But should she go? What if those feelings all came back again and then she'd never see him after this? Her heart wouldn't be able to bear it. But if she didn't, she might never have a chance to talk to him again. She decided she'd go for it. It was time to take chances. To stop being the Ice Princess everyone expected of her. She grabbed her bag and headed for the cafe. It was time to catch up with him. 

 

After all these years, she thought. She smiled to herself.