THE PERFORMANCE OF A LIFETIME (CHAESOO)

jenlisa short fics

Rosé would be lying if she said that she hated her part time job at her father’s retail store; Rosé was happy, she greeted every customer with a wide smile and little wave goodbye followed by a “have a great night”, she was indeed a bubbly girl, and everyone who knew the girl knew how bubbly and how contagious her energy was.

But she did have one dream that she would’ve loved to be doing now, and that was to sing or maybe perform on Broadway. It had been her dream since she was kid, when others wanted to become astronauts and firemen, Rosé wanted nothing more but to grace the stage of a musical on Broadway in New York City with hundreds of people watching her, cheering for her, amazed by her.

She was sorta living that dream…she was a stage manager for a local theatre in here in Chicago, she was close to her dreams and she had even auditioned even for a small part but the director said he didn’t just see her as a theatrical actress so he shrugged her off and gave her a job as a stage manager, to which Rosé still accepted.

She was basically a stage manager in the morning and a cashier at night. She didn’t mind though, being a stage manager isn’t that tiring so she nodded at her father’s request of taking the night shift for a little while before they could find someone else to take the job.

The Parks had this retail store for 5 years already and it had what all retail stores had, aisles of junk food, cereals, chocolate bars, cup noodles, chips and random sweets, but Rosé’s favorite thing about the store was the Slurpee machine just beside the counter. Rosé has one hell of a sweet tooth and she really did love her Slurpee, which is partly the reason why Rosé agreed to take on this job.

“Can I have a Slurpee please? Large cup” A college kid who had stacks of books in his arm, said as he pointed at the machine and then paid for it

“Sure. Here you go” Rosé then handed the guy a large paper cup, the guy went up to go for the strawberry flavored one but backed out and proceeded to go for cherry.

“Thanks” the guy said as he was making his way out

“No problem! Have a great night, sir!” Rosé said cheerfully

It was almost 11 in the evening and she was hyped up, which was not exactly normal for a 23 year old, but Rosé was Rosé. But after waiting a few more minutes for customers, Rosé realized she was a bit bored, so she grabbed a cherry Slurpee for herself, she then went back to the counter and started reading some random magazines her dad had given her.

After Rosé read the 3rd article of the Jonas Brothers, a customer came in, probably just about her age too, she looked kinda wasted and almost tumbled into the place.

“Whoa, are you okay?” Rosé asked, abandoning her Slurpee

“Oh, totally” the girl mumbled, though coherent

“Um, do you have a companion maybe? You look very drunk” Rosé pointed out

“Yep, over there” the girl pointed to the door and on cue came a tall blonde who was breathing heavily then sighed in relief as she saw the girl

“Oh my God, Jennie!” the girl exclaimed as she came towards the girl and held her up

“Hi baby” the girl mumbled as she s her arms around the blonde and buried her face on the curve of her neck, the blonde blushed and rolled her eyes

“I’m sorry, did my girlfriend cause you any trouble?” the girl asked

“Oh no, I was actually worried about her” Rosé said “Is she okay?” she added

“Oh totally, just dead drunk because she was acting tough and drank all the shots at her aunt’s birthday party” the girl said, Rosé chuckled

“I understand” Rosé said

“Lisa, I want a Slurpee” the girl, Jennie, whined as she prolonged the last part and pointed at the Slurpee machine

“Alright, alright, I’ll get you a Slurpee. What flavor?” the girl, Lisa, asked

“Cherry for Alexei!” Jennie exclaimed

“Can I get what she said? Large cup please” Lisa asked Rosé who happily nodded and grabbed one for her, Lisa then paid at the counter, still with her girlfriend clinging onto her

Rosé then gave Lisa the Slurpee, but Jennie quickly detached herself from her girlfriend almost knocked out the Slurpee off her hand, luckily Lisa had a tight grip and only drops of it spilt on the floor, Jennie then grabbed the Slurpee and dragged Lisa out.

“Thank you and I am sorry for the mess” Lisa said before they were out of the store

Rosé simply chuckled and grabbed the mop by the storage room, as she was making her way to the little mess that the customer made, Rosé realized how quiet and boring it was, so she decided to blast up some music, Michael Bublé’s “Just Haven’t Met You Yet” then started playing. Rosé smiled as she then started singing along as she mopped the floor, showing off her dance moves around the store, the mop never leaving her grip for it was now her mic, she decided to mop around the store as she danced incredibly, definitely showing off her theatrical skills, and the song definitely suited it.

“I know that we can be so amazing and being in your life is gonna change me” Rosé sang as she swayed and slid along the floor, her eyes remained closed the whole time as she reached the bridge of the song, she had let her body let loose and simply enjoyed the spur of the moment, belting out the song and giving it her all, because she was actually doing something that she loved and was passionate about, nothing could really stop her now.

And as she was approaching the end of the song, Rosé sang more beautifully that it could literally send anyone goosebumps.

“I just haven’t met you yet” Rosé sang out the last line as she turned around and opened her eyes, only to be met with another pair of eyes staring at her with amusement but also with a tinge of red on both of her cheeks.

Rosé stood up straight, her eyes wide open as she looked at the only audience she had for tonight. The girl was at least 3 or 4 inches shorter than her, her eyes were doll-like, her nose cute as a button, her lips were these perfect heart shaped lips, her complexion white and smooth (not that… Rosé thought of what her skin would feel like for anything), she was wearing a striped red shirt, tucked in black ripped jeans and combat boots, her brown hair was in a ponytail as she wore a mustard colored cap, but despite the cap, Rosé could see every feature she had, and honestly, the girl was very captivating that it made Rosé flabbergasted at the sight alone. The girl was holding a bag of chips and looked like she was about to go the counter to pay for it.

Jesus Christ, how long has she been in here watching me? Oh my Lord, can the ground just open up and eat me alive?!” Rosé thought to herself, feeling the blood drain out of her system

“Good evening” the girl said, she was smiling at her

Rosé gulped, a blush on her cheeks.

“G-Good evening” Rosé said, she was sure she looked pale, the only thing with color would’ve been her red hair and red cheeks that the girl would surely notice

“I wanted to pay for this?” the girl said as she held up the bag of chips

“Oh, r-right, sorry” Rosé said as she quickly set aside the mop and hopped over the counter, her head hung long as she put the bag of chips inside a paper bag and handed it to the girl

“1 dollar and 50 cents” Rosé said, the girl then gave Rosé a 5 dollar bill, and just as Rosé was grabbing her change, the girl spoke again

“That was a very nice performance by the way” the girl said “Great song choice too” she added, this time she was blushing too

“Um…thank you?” Rosé said hesitantly

“I’m Jisoo Kim, by the way” she said as she held out her hand for the girl to shake

Rosé shakily grabbed her hand and shook it.

“Rosé Park” Rosé said

“Are you glad you met me tonight?” Jisoo asked, she was teasing and Rosé wanted nothing more but to run away, but the girl giggled and Rosé swore it was like music to her ears so she stayed put

“I am not sure how to answer that” Rosé said with a chuckle as well

“Well I sure am glad to have met you” Jisoo said

“Um I wish you could’ve met me without me dancing like an idiot in a retail store at pass 11 in the evening. That was very embarrassing” Rosé said

“I thought it was a performance of a lifetime” Jisoo said with enthusiasm

Rosé blushed.

“You’ve got a great voice and you’ve got the moves” Jisoo said

“Thank you” Rosé said

Jisoo smiled as she took out a piece of paper and grabbed a pen that was on the counter, Jisoo then scribbled some numbers on it and gave it to Jisoo.

“I work as an actress at this local theatre in New York, we’re doing ‘Cats’ next month and the auditions start next week, why don’t you give me a call? I see a lot of potential in you” Jisoo said

Rosé was internally screaming, she was too shocked to process what was happening.

“What do you say?” Jisoo asked

“I-I’ll call you in the morning for my decision, would that be okay?” Rosé asked

“Of course” Jisoo said, grinning widely

“Could that be my audition though?” Rosé joked, referring to her little performance a while ago

Jisoo giggled as she nodded.

“Like I said, that was a performance of a lifetime” Jisoo said

Rosé didn’t know how long she stared at the beauty in front of her, she wasn’t even sure if she had said goodbye when Jisoo said she should be on her way now, she’s not even sure if everything that happened was real, but as Rosé thought about that amused face looking back at her as she sang the last lines to the song, she knew it was all real.

 

Rosé couldn’t help but be all giddy, not only could she land herself a job, but she might even land herself a girl, with the name “Jisoo Kim” maybe.