subunits

❝ f a n t a s y ❞ ┊sm's new girl group — apply open!

fantasy home

500*230

fantasy's subunits

fantasy

app

fantasy

debut date: november 8th, 2018

members ot12 + varies on concept
debut song q&a (og. cherry bullet)


fantasy is sm's twelve member girl group, but just like nct, they are subject to lineup changes. they may have songs that only require to have nine members, or even five, based on who suits the concept best. it can also be based on who is available (ex. if members are working on other commitments). don't worry though, most of fantasy's songs usually promote all twelve girls.

love

fantasy

 

dark fantasy

app

dark fantasy

debut date: February 14th, 2019

members elsa (leader), tiana, cinderella, pocahontas, astrid, and anna
debut song loca (og. favorite)


dark fantasy is the subunit consisting of the six older girls of fantasy. since all members of dark fantasy are of legal age when they debut, their concept is targeted towards a mature and fierce tone.

think: hann by (g)i-dle or bon bon chocolat by everglow

love

dark fantasy

 

sweet fantasy

app

sweet fantasy

debut date: march 14th, 2019

members belle (leader), mulan, aurora, ariel, jasmine, snow white
debut song vista (og. fiestar)


sweet fantasy is the subunit consisting of the six younger girls of fantasy. because some of sweet fantasy's members are under eighteen when they debut, their concept takes on a fun and lighthearted tone. 

think: bim bam bum by rocket punch or rough by gfriend

love

sweet fantasy

 

tba

app

unnamed subunit

debut date: tba

members tba
debut song tba

depending on members' language proficiency, sm plans to create a global subunit that will either promote in china, like nct's wayv, or in japan. for now, members and subunit name are to be announced.

love

tba

 

midnight sun

app

midnight sun

debut date: tba

members nct x fantasy (rotates depending on concept)
debut song tba


as fantasy is nct's sister group, it's no surprise that there are going to several collaborations between the members. initially starts out with trios and quintets, but sm hopes to create a bigger coed subunit in the future. the subunit's name is inspired by the natural phenomenon of the sun appearing in the night. it is meant to represent apollo and artemis, siblings who are the god of sun and goddess of the moon, respectively. 

love

midnight sun