Chapter 2

You & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Author's Note~ These first couple chapters will have a lot of V and Jennie moments, but with time you will start to see his relationship with Taeyeon start to bloom so bare with me!

 

---------

 

“Jennie,” V was completely taken by surprise when he saw Jennie standing right in front of him. The music seemed to have faded away and all V could hear was his heart beating. He couldn’t believe she was here. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I was looking for you.” 

 

Jennie was the most beautiful girl V had ever laid his eyes on. He remembered the first time he saw her. He and his friends had just arrived in New York. English was a language they had learned in school as part of the requirements to graduate, so they knew the basics to help them survive in a predominantly english speaking country.

 

All seven boys wanted a group picture in the middle of Times Square, so they stopped another pedestrian who was casually walking by. Luckily for them, she was also Korean and they all hit it off right away. She and V had a special connection from the beginning. It could have been due to their attraction towards one another, but V knew he had to get her phone number before she left. 

 

From that day until a week before his flight back to South Korea, he and Jennie were inseparable. 

 

“No, I mean what are you doing in Korea?” V couldn’t wrap his mind around why she was in Korea.

 

“After your flight left, I realized that it would be so different without you in my life because I still really love you,” Jennie paused to examine V’s expression. When he didn’t say anything, she continued. “I booked the next flight and texted RM to set up a place and time for us to meet tonight.”

 

V turned his head to look at Jungkook who was watching their conversation go down. When Jungkook saw the look on his friend’s face, he threw up his hands to say that it wasn’t his idea. 

 

V rolled his eyes and turned back to the girl in front of him. “Let’s go talk outside.”

 

The two of them exited the club and veered off to a more private place. As soon as they were away from everyone who could possibly eavesdrop, V spun around to face Jennie. 

 

“I-I just don’t understand why you’re here,” he started, “ Do you remember why we broke up?” His voice was raising with every word he said. “Because I loved you and wanted you to move back to Korea with me and you refused! You told me that you didn’t want to move because you didn’t think we would last for much longer.” V was exasperated. 

 

“I had a lot going on at the time, V.” Jennie stammered. “Work was stressing me out and you have to know how difficult it was for me to think about moving to the other side of the world!”

 

“Why would it be difficult? You’re family is here in Korea. It’s not like I was taking you away from them.” V couldn’t believe they were having this conversation again. The last time this conversation took place, they decided to call it quits and V booked his flight back home.

 

“I built a life there for myself. I had friends and a job I really enjoyed.”

 

“You would’ve had that here too!” V exclaimed as he threw his hands in the air. “I would’ve made sure of that.”

 

Jennie nodded, “And that is why I am here. I made the mistake of letting you go and I regret it so much.”

 

V scoffed and looked out into the open road. His head was pounding and his eyesight was getting fuzzy. “I have a huge headache. This is too much for me right now.”

 

He started to walk towards the entrance of the club to meet back up with the guys, but his eyes were messing with him and made everything a blur. He lost balance when taking the first step and fell face first onto the concrete and everything turned black.


 

-------------


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter