Chapter 1

You & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first day of Summer. Paparazzi lined up inside and outside of Incheon Airport with their cameras in their hands, excitement in their eyes, and hearts beating. Not only was it the first day of Summer, but it was the first day Kim Taehyung was coming back to South Korea from when he left to North America exactly one year ago.

 

Kim Taehyung is the heir to Kim Inc., a construction company that built the majority of Seoul. He went off to the United States last summer with his group of friends, RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, and Jungkook. They all returned at the end of summer except for Taehyung. No one really knows or understands why he didn’t come back or why he was gone for so long.

 

“There he is!” a female reporter exclaimed. Everyone brought their cameras to their eyes and started clicking away.

 

“V!”

 

“V, look this way!”

 

“V! Why were you gone for so long?”

 

Kim Taehyung, better known as V, grabbed everyone’s attention as he made fast but smooth strides across the airport. He was wearing a pair of black jeans, a tucked in white t-shirt with a denim jacket over it, a pair of black Clarks, and sunglasses. He paid no attention to the reporters and paparazzi. His bodyguards built a wall around him, so no one could get close, as they all moved to the exit of the airport. His light brown hair looked almost grey when the sunlight hit it as he stepped foot outside. 

 

There, waiting for him at the curb, was a black van. A man rushed out to open the door for him. Within seconds, V hopped in and the car was off.



 

----------



 

 

V arrived at the headquarters of Kim Corporation thirty minutes later. He walked into his father’s office and saw his parents sitting there waiting for him. His mom’s eyes opened wide as she jumped up for joy to hug him.

 

“Oh, Taehyung! I’ve missed you so much.” she wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him tight.

 

V smiled and hugged his mother back. “I missed you too Mom.”

 

They pulled apart and V looked toward his father. His dad was sitting at his office desk jotting something down on his notes. A minute went by before V’s father stood up and greeted his son. “Ah~ There he is.”

 

“Hi Dad.” V said with a soft smile,

 

His father walked up to him and placed a firm hand on his shoulder. “How did America treat you?” 

 

V pursed his lips before answering the question. “It was fine.”

 

His father raised an eyebrow, not convinced that it was truly fine. He could tell V was holding back but didn’t want to push him until he was ready. “Good, so let’s eat. You must be hungry.”



 

----------



 

 

It was 6:00 in the afternoon. Everyone was moving urgently in the restaurant. The hostesses were rushing everyone to their tables, waiters were taking orders and bringing them back to the kitchen, Mr. Park was telling all the staff where to go and what to do, and Taeyeon was whipping up drinks at the bar.

 

“One Dry Martini.” said Taeyeon as she handed the drink to a middle aged woman.

 

“Taeyeon!” a soft voice exclaimed from behind her. Taeyeon turned around and saw her cousin, Rosé, waving at her. Rosé was eight years younger than Taeyeon. She had just dyed her hair blonde and it looked better than ever with her light skin. What really made Rosé unique was her tiny waist. She always looked so gorgeous in anything that she put on.

 

Taeyeon could not help but feel a pit of jealousy in her stomach every time she saw her cousin. It didn’t help that Rosé was also four inches taller than her. Taeyeon was very petite, standing at 5’2”, with a normal waist size, pale skin, and boring brown hair. She also didn’t feel like her face was half as beautiful as her younger cousin whose skin radiated and glowed.

 

“Hey, Rosie.” Taeyeon said as she wiped down the counter.

 

Rosé had a wide smile on her face. “So, my dad just told me that the Kims were coming to eat dinner.”

 

“The Kims?” questioned Taeyeon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter