Ch. 63

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

Due to my attempt to run into the burning house, the EMT woman handcuffed me to the bed so I couldn't run again while she finished checking me over.

I caught a glimpse of Taehyung pushing his way through the ever growing crowd that gathered to watch, his head whipped around, panic on his face until he saw me. He jogged over to where I was, up close he looked even more worried. "What happened? Are you okay?" He asked me, then looking at the woman. "Is she alright?"

She nodded as she unraveled the roll of gauze. "She seems to be okay. Just a nasty burn on her hand, probably from the doorknob." She answered him, grabbing a hold of my wrist and turning it palm up, thick blisters had already formed, until now I hadn't even noticed. "No one seems to know what happened." She added.

Taehyung looked back toward the house. The flames dancing in his dark eyes, I couldn't imagine what he was feeling. "I'm going to call the hotel and get us a couple rooms for the night." He finally said after a long period of silence.

A black car approached the house, parking on the curb, shut off the engine an stepping out of the car. I squinted trying to make out who it was. The shadowed figure walked to join the crowd, the light from the street lamp giving me a brief second to see the face.

"J-JAESUK!!!" I yelled out, relief washing over me. So he wasn't really him the house. Before I knew it I had tears pouring from my eyes, and streaming down my cheeks, I could taste the saltiness. Jaesuk rushed over to me when I yelled for him. I reached out to touch his face to make sure he was really standing in front of me an I wasn't just hallucinating it. "Where did you go?" I asked a little more harshly than I had wanted.

"I went to the store to buy groceries. You were asleep and Seokjin was supposed to be here to protect you. What happened?" He asked. "And why are you handcuffed?" He sounded like an angry father.

I cleared my sore throat. "I didn't know you went to the store and possibly took off trying to go back inside to look for you." I answered.

His face softened, cupping my cheek with his callused hand. "Oh my dear sweet Nari." He smiled softly. "I appreciate the thought." 

"Jaesuk. You're like a Father to me, if I truly had lost you I don't know if I would ever recover from it." I replied.

Taehyung came back over, putting his phone in his pocket. "I've got us a couple rooms, as soon as everything is handled we can go ahead and go."

 

 

Taehyung held open the hotel door open for me to walk in first, Chul in my arms. "I gave you a separate room, so make sure to lock your door up tight. If you need anything I'll be in the room next door." He explained. "Goodnight Nari." He leaned over, pressing his lips against my forehead before pulling away, backing up his eyes on mine until he reached the doo

Please log in to read the full chapter