Chapter 4

One and Only You

Jae-beom's POV
I walked up to the front desk of In-ah's office. After my little stunt a few days ago, I felt bad about worrying In-ah. She took care of me the morning after. So to return the favor, I decided to take her out during the lunch break. However, it was weird that the secretary wasn't working today and how In-ah hadn't replied to my texts since this morning. Maybe she's swamped up in work, I thought. Without thinking I decided to walk into her office. 

"Hello, In-ah are you-" My sentence got cut off as I found two women looking at me blankly. Frozen like ice, In-ah looked at me with surprised eyes. Great, I probably disturbed an important meeting. 

"Jae-beom!" What are you doing here?" In-ah asked hastily. She excused herself from her guest and forced me out of her office. 

"What do you mean? I thought we go could for lunch? Did you not get my texts?" I asked her. 

"I told you yesterday that was going to have a guest today and that we could meet later." In-ah said with frustration. Then it hit me, I remember her texting me yesterday, but wasn't paying attention. 

"Aiya, sorry In-ah, I was working on the songs and didn't see it clearly. I will leave, we can reschedule." Right when I was about to go, she stopped me, gripping on to my wrist. 

"Well since you are here, maybe you should meet her." In-ah said. 

The woman was idly on her phone when we walked inside. She was about In-ah's height, maybe a few centimeters taller. The shoulder length, black hair suited her style. She simple too, not overly flashy, with minimal makeup. Her big wide eyes gave off an icy stare.

She got up from the chair and greeted us with a deep bow. "Dr. Han, sorry for the interruption. How about we all go for lunch? My treat!" In-ah told her with an apology. 

"It's alright, Dr. Choi. I wouldn't want to intrude, we can reschedule another time." The woman politely mentioned. 

"Oh no, you wouldn't be intruding. Actually let me introduce you both officially. Dr. Han, is JB, leader of K pop group, GOT7." In-ah mentioned motioning her hands to my direction. 

"JB, this is Dr. Han, she is the one who helped that night you got drunk." In-ah smiled at me. 

A wave of embarrassment came over as the doctor greeted with a quiet bow. I never felt so humiliated, I got drunk in front of a doctor and that too a woman. At this moment, I wanted to slap myself for being so stupid. 

"T-Thank you, Dr. Han. I sincerely apologize for all the trouble I put you through." I said with a shameful smile. 

"No problem, JB-isshi, it's my job. It would be in your best interest to not let it happen again." She said politely. The last sentence showed a bit of her sassy attitude.

"Well, now that we are familiar with each other, let's head out." In-ah said as she grabbed her purse. The doctor quietly followed behind In-ah. 

We went to a sushi place nearby since it was within walking distance. It was also the perfect place for me as I started working out again to maintain my wide shoulders and tone my abs. 

Lunch was served in an orderly fashion, however most of the time, it was just In-ah and the doctor talking. I couldn't relate to most of the academic business that was conversed. What shocked me was that the doctor kept her focus on In-ah the whole time, she didn't even care to chat or exchange smiles. 

After lunch, all three of us went back to In-ah's office. Apparently, the doctor was teaching another seminar in one of In-ah's classes. Seeing as I had nothing to do I decided to stay in In-ah's office, while they finished class. I could also probably get some songwriting done too. 

"Oh Dr. Choi, it was such a pleasure, teaching the students. They were so interested and bright when asking questions." The doctor said as both of them came back to the office. 

"Well Dr. Han, you are a great teacher. I would love to have you back anytime." In-ah said ecstatically. It was weird how she always got excited about anything academic related. 

"Thank you so much Dr. Choi, and please call me Eun-Ri, Dr. Han is for my patients." She said with a chuckle. 

"Well in that case you should call me by my name, In-ah. I would love to get to know you as I don't  have many girlfriends here. I just have the boys." In-ah said motioning to me. I gave her a narrowed look. 

After they exchanged numbers, In-ah said "JB, can you please drop off Eun-Ri-isshi at her house? I have to leave to meet with Hyun-woo for dinner. He just notified me." 

With that she hastily left for the parking lot. In the end it was just me and the doctor standing outside with the bright sun. I needed to return the favor, as she helped when I was in a situation. I decided to man up and ask her. 

"Eun-Ri-isshi, as a thank you, I would love to treat you to dinner. Thank you for helping out that day." I said to her politely. She then turned to face me with a firm expression.

"I'm sorry I don't hang out with people who drink." She scoffed. Her intimidating personality suddenly set off mine. 

"Excuse you, I'm trying to be polite here. Do you have something against me? Did I hurt you in the process." I said while walking towards her. To my surprise, she didn't budge. 

"I don't need a ride home. I can take a taxi by myself." Her easiness started showing. "I'm pretty sure you just want to show off, since you're an idol anyways." Just like that she flipped her hair and exited the parking lot. 

"It's not safe you know for woman to go alone!" I yelled across. 

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure it's not safe to have a random guy drop me off at my place either." She said back loudly. Stating her final point and she got into the taxi and left.

Eun-Ri's POV 
"So how was the seminar today?" Seo-yeon asked while filling up my soda. 

"The students were very interested and bright. I also happened to make friends with Dr. Choi In-ah." I told her brightly. 

"Oh yeah, well have fun with her then from now on. I guess I will just be a mistress from now." Seo-yeon said with a jealous look. 

"Really? Awesome!" I replied jokingly. We both started laughing it off as usual. Changing the subject, I went into a serious matter. 

"So…..ummm…remember JB, the guy that passed out here at your bar?" I asked anxiously 

"Yeah! He's part of GOT7. I hope he's doing well and no rumors spread about him." She said sweetly while cleaning up behind the counter. 

"Well, I met him today, at the university. Apparently, Dr. Choi In-ah is well connected to the GOT7 members." I felt like a teenager fan girl gossiping about them. 

"Wait?! Really?! Now way?! Can you please get me an autograph! Their music is awesome. OMG, how lucky she is to be around 7 hot guys!" Seo-yeon squealed with excitement. Some of the customers and part time workers gave us a weird look. 

"Yah! Quiet down! People will hear you!" I scolded her. Seo-yeon bowed to customers for her loudness. 

"Since you're buddy-buddy with Choi In-ah, maybe you should ask her to set you up with one of the members. I could see JB being your type." She said with a dreamy look on her face. 

"Please, me and him? He's so intimidating! Its infuriating. He was so rude during lunch, sitting without saying a word!" This time it was my turn to receive the weird look from the crowds. I bowed again and apologized for my intrusion. 

"Did you talk to him?" Did you intimidate him first? I know how bitter you get when talking to guys." Seo-yeon said with an arched eyebrows. 

"N-No. We just exchanged some greetings. But still, who offers a ride to a complete stranger or say they will treat them to dinner?!" I exclaimed to her. 

"Aiya, Rinnie, stop reading into it. He was probably just being polite and thanking you for helping him." Seo-yeon counterattacked my statement. 

"Still probably just wanted to show off in front of me. If you love them so bad, why don't you get set up. I could pull some strings." I told Seo-yeon

"Yah! I rather just get serenaded by them once, but dating a idol?! No way?! I remember Jackson's dating scandal a year ago. He's still together with the mysterious woman, however she still hasn't revealed herself. I sympathize with her troubles." She said with solemn expression

"Hmmm yeah, I wouldn't my life plastered over SNS and drowning through the field of paparazzi." I said sympathetically. Just then In-ah came to mind. 

"I hope In-ah and JB are okay. They are close." I told Seo-yeon. 

"Wait?! They are dating?!" Seo-yeon asked with a surprised look. 

"I think so? From their actions they are close, so I wouldn't be too surprised." I said. 

"Well you never know, maybe it's the wrong impression. Just because they are close doesn't mean dating." Seo-yeon said with questionable look. 

"Whatever, I don't care what they are or their private business. It isn't ours to intervene." I said grabbing my purse. Seo-yeon laughed at my statement. Finishing my soda, it was time to head home, as I had work again tomorrow. As I was leaving we said our good nights and parted ways for the night.