She's Kinda Hot Though?

I Will Make You Only See Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina could still hear the loud booming voice of their professor instructing everyone about the safe zone shrinking every fifteen minutes and that the team who would collect the most special bracelets and will survive until the end will win and in random places, kits will be dropped for first aid and Mina wouldn’t have thought that she would be facing large fireballs when she first entered the waiting room among with the others exactly forty five minutes ago. They were ducking and Jeongyeon was throwing away the large debris of falling branches and stones from god knows where. “These pebbles are hurting my eyes.” Momo groaned as she risked to peek only to almost get hit by a fiery hot stone.

“Why are you hiding in there? Come out~”Mina could hear Jennie’s voice getting closer. 

“Momo, quick!” Jeongyeon pushed Momo out and she ran towards the direction of Jennie. Mina heard the startled shriek of Jennie and a loud thud. Jennie was probably floating again because she seemed to love to do it, that means Jisoo was also somewhere near here. Jeongyeon hauled a large trunk and was about to smash it right into Jennie when Nayeon held her arms before Jeongyeon could throw it down, simultaneously hearing Jennie and Jisoo’s annoying screams.

“Oh, thank god.” Jisoo sighed in relief. And they went on babbling on Momo who was securing them that they just painted their nails last night and they couldn’t afford to ruin it by getting smashed. The two continued talking and Momo looked at them for help, “You do it.” Nayeon whispered to her. Mina sighed and stared into their eyes and delved into their minds. And it was quicker than they thought. Their team had now bagged two bracelets with a little to no sweat. 

Momo snickered as they continued to head into the shrinking safe zone. “Imagine, they won’t remember why they are hanging upside down in the first place.” They would definitely flip out once they would notice their chapped nails. 

The simulation was going a little too easy. The safe zone shrunk and it was getting tighter and tinier. Their senses heightened as Nayeon checked the map. Speaking of Nayeon, in the past hour, Mina had never seen her use her powers and yet none of the two nagged her about it. Right, she has no power.

They were silently walking, while Jeongyeon left some marker in the forest, to check if they were lost. Beside her, Momo was counting the bands in her bag, they decided to give it to her because she was quick. They have collected eleven bands already. Then they hear an ear-blowing noise, it was painful that they had to cover their ears. Mina noticed the ground was shaking. What. The. Hell?

A very bright light shone in a blink of an eye and before they knew it, the light exploded and they flew. The impact of the explosion was too powerful the trees bent and some flew away with them. Her. Mina groaned and removed the article of branches and leaves on her. She couldn’t see them. “Momo? Jeong- hmpf-” Someone covered and pulled her into the pile of leaves and large fallen trees. It was Nayeon, glaring at her, with her index finger on her own mouth. Nayeon showed her the bag of bands as she slowly retracted her hand. “Momo and I hold into this during the explosion but the other strap broke.” Nayeon whispered as she checked the bands. Good, they were eleven of them still. 

Mina was about to talk when she heard a break of twigs and hushed voices. They hid further into the pile. Nayeon crawled and signaled her to follow. It was getting darker and dustier but they didn’t mind. The leaves sounded nearer and and hushed voices were now clearer. “What are we doing here, Sinb?” Mina couldn’t recognize the voice. She tapped Nayeon and mouthed ‘who?’.

“Shush, I copied Sowon’s power okay? I’m trying to hear if someone is here, Yeri. Stop talking.” Nayeon stiffened in the place. So it was Yeri and Sinb. Mina tried to make a little to no noise. They were still walking around them. 

One of the two stepped on one of the fallen trees and the space underneath enclosed. They would get squished if this person won’t get up. “Come on, Sinb! I’m bored.” Yeri jumped in place and the trees pushed further. Mina could feel the trunk at the back of her head already. Mina closed her eyes and waited for the trunk to squeeze her but it never came. The branches in front of her was cleared and she saw a dozen of Yeri smiling wickedly with leaves on hair. “Peek-a-boo.”

Nayeon quickly kicked the first two and they disappeared in a spoof. Those were not real. No, they were not found. They were fooled. Nayeon basically jumped out of their hiding place and now, Sinb was looking at them. “Look, I am right, someone is here.”

The confusion in their faces gave a way. Sinb laughed and lit up her fingers. She played with the tiny fire on her pinky. “Aw dang it, I guess 2 Yeris are really not enough. Sowon will surely get mad.” Sinb copied Jennie’s powers. She threw a quick fiery ball towards Nayeon. Mina’s reflexes were much quicker as she immediately pushed Nayeon away. 

“Run.” Mina said before grabbing Nayeon’s arms and pulled her up. They quickly run avoiding the fireballs Sinb was throwing. The best they can do for now was avoid using their powers so she wouldn’t forge it. That wouldn’t be a problem since Nayeon didn’t have one. “Why are we running away from her? We should fight her.” Nayeon gasped as they hid behind a tree waiting.

Mina rolled her eyes and held Nayeon when the idiot made an attempt to peek. “Are you insane, we can’t.” Nayeon removed her hand from her shoulders and looked at her dead in the eye. “We can. Move your , we are fighting her.”

Before they could even stand up, Sinb was already in front of them. “You guys know I can hear you, right?” Nayeon quickly throw a punch on Sinb and the latter was taken a back. “Ow!” Nayeon took this opportunity to throw more punches and Mina sneaked behind her to hit her neck, but Sinb sensed her. She dodge and held Mina’s hand. It was too tight, Sinb sneered and was about to rotate and break her bones. Mina closed her eyes and waited for it. “Sinb!” She turned around and Mina heard a flash. The grasp on her hand loosened. Mina opened her eyes and saw Nayeon was holding a pen. 

Sinb was staring at nowhere, standing still. Mina caught the bag when Nayeon threw it towards her. Nayeon shoved the pen back in her pocket and whispered some words in Sinb’s ear. Mina silently watched and waited. “Let’s go.” Nayeon dragged her away as she put their twelfth wrist band. No one said a word through out the walk. Mina was confused. 

 “Run, we’re out of the safe zone, quick!” Nayeon grabbed her hand and they ran as fast they could. Mina tried to read the map off her band at they chased the shrinking zone. They were heading towards the two paths. Jeongyeon was right. It gave her a little consolation that they were right and that warm hand clasping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter