The Training

I Will Make You Only See Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina was playing with her pen, not totally listening to the class and only got her attention when he said something about a group assessment. “I’ve already grouped you into fours.”

 

Everyone collectively groaned and complained. “Now, silence! Listen to your groupings. I’ve arranged this randomly.”

 

When group c was announced everyone stayed silent. “Im, Hirai, Myoui, Yoo.” No one spoke. Mina closed her eyes and tried pinching herself so she could wake up from this nightmare.

 

Everyone started whispering, “That’s some powerful group.”

“You mean interesting. We don’t even know the newcomer’s power.”

“The other three can help her. Dang, that’s some sure A+ right there.”

 

The professor shushed them and asked everyone to seat with their group mates. It will be a battle royale with some missions to achieve and now they have to make a strategy.

 

“I’ll give you a week to train and make strategies. The arena will be open for you. The surviving group will get a grade of A+ and automatic exception for the next assessment. That’s another A+.”

 

Mina sat beside Momo, while Jeongyeon sat on her other side, Nayeon sitting in front of them. No one was talking, everyone else was talking about their plans and even goofed around. But their group was so silent.

 

Jeongyeon cleared and tried to start the discussion. “We need to win this. Does anyone has a plan in their mind?”

 

Nayeon crossed her legs and looked at the three of them waiting for anyone to suggest a thing. The four of them were just looking at each trying to urge someone to talk. Momo sighed and cackled. “This won’t work you know. We need to complement each other to win, we have different powers, and the first thing we need to do so we can actually win is to talk to each other.”

 

Nayeon looked away not saying a thing, Jeongyeon was silently sitting, Mina could literally cut out the tension and serve herself some tea. Momo scratched her head and eyed the other two. “Look, we need to tuck away our issues here okay? You two have to act like team mates and not exes.”

 

This snapped something on Nayeon and Jeongyeon, Momo cowered when she realized what she just said, “Alright, chill. Sorry.”

 

Mina was listening to the whole thing and silently pieced everything together. Nayeon opened her notebook and started planning with Momo. Jeongyeon suddenly didn’t talk and just kept on nodding when Momo consulted her, Mina on the other hand was just listening to their discussion.

 

“Oh right, Mina. You can read minds right?” Momo asked her, Mina tried not to get flustered when Nayeon and Jeongyeon stared at her intently.

 

“No, I can only do mental manipulation.”

 

Nayeon moved on her seat and wrote a name. “We will have to tame the strongest team first.”

 

Momo quickly turned to Nayeon and whispered, “You mean, Sowon’s team?”

Jeongyeon listened intently and murmured, “Sowon has supersenses,”

Nayeon nodded and wrote further, “Yeri can make illusion and Sinb can literally copy everyone else’s power.”

 

Mina peeked at the group few chairs behind them when Momo hissed at her and groaned, “Don’t look at them!”

 

“How about the small girl?” Mina asked. They answered in unison, “Eunha’s a healer.”

 

That was some group.

 

“What about our team?”

 

The group went silent. Momo gulped looking at the other two. Nayeon continued scribbling lines in her notes, Jeongyeon answered Mina’s question. “I can manipulate weight while Momo has supersonic speed.”

 

Mina looked at Nayeon and waited for her to answer. “Don’t worry, I won’t be a freeloader.”

 

Momo immediately changed the topic before Mina could voice out the most obvious question to hr right now, ‘What is Nayeon’s power?’

 

“Alright! How about we talk about the strategy yeah?”

 

Mina tried to shrug off the rising uneasiness in her as she watched Jeongyeon and Momo continue discussing the strategy while Nayeon just sat there listening.

 

“Nayeon you should stick with Jeong.”

 

Both of them reacted and hovered. “What?”

 

“Are you nuts?”

 

“Okay. Chill, chill. Mina’s power is not enough if ever you two will have an encounter, and you will slow me down if we go together.” Momo pointed at Nayeon.

 

Nayeon packed her things and left, “Let’s talk about that tomorrow. At the library, after class.”

 

The bell rang and everyone started to leave as well. Mina was on her way to the gardens when she saw Jeongyeon and Momo near the entrance of the tall grass wedges. “Why did you say that to her?”

 

“What’s wrong? I’m just telling the truth? Besides, I know Nayeon understands what I want to say.”

 

“You just rubbed it to her face that she got no powers Momo!”

Mina held her gasp as she snuck and ducked to listen. “You know that’s not my intention!”

 

“I know, it’s just… just be careful next time. She looked terribly pissed a while ago.”

 

Momo laughed and jeered at Jeongyeon. “Hey, just say you’re still concerned about Nayeonie.”

 

“What? No! I’m concerned about you. She can hurt you.”

 

“Nayeon won’t do that to me.”

 

“You won’t know.” Jeongyeon sighed and Mina heard the grass rustled. Are they walking out already? .

 

“Just say you still like Nayeon and go.”

 

Mina ran to the left side and hid. Their voices were now faint but Mina could still hear Momo’s laughter. “Ahh, look at you still love her after suddenly getting dumped for no reason.”

 

“I don’t, okay? Drop it.”

 

Mina risked a peek and saw them walking away now with Momo pushing her shoulders against Jeongyeon. “Do you like someone else now? Who? Is it the ne-”

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Mina squeaked and held her chest. She looked up and saw a girl with a short black hair, looking so authoritative. Mina dusted her skirt and looked behind. They already left.

 

“I am asking you again. What are you doing there?”

 

“N-nothing. Just hiding.”

 

Nayeon was running towards them when she noticed Mina and slowed down.“Jihyo! Don’t runaway like that…”

 

“I just saw this suspicious student.”

 

Mina avoided Nayeon’s gaze and watched Jihyo get a pad and scribbled something. “I’m giving you a slip.”

 

“What?”

 

“I just think you violated something.”

 

“But I didn’t?”

 

Nayeon grabbed Jihyo before she could even finish writing the slip. “Come on. Don’t mind her, she’s the new girl.”

 

Mina watched them leave as Jihyo tried to break away from Nayeon’s grasp while whining about her duties and negligence.

 

-

Mina was staring at Momo, who was by the way making goofy faces to engrave an order in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter